Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-MA790FX-DS5 oh dear

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-MA790FX-DS5 oh dear

Alright, well hopefully they get back to you with a good reply. Keep it short and to the point on your messages to them, that way you run into as little translation issues as you can in case the person replying is translating.

If no dice, hopefully Dino will be able to get it sorted out for you with the guys in the RMA office there.

oh well that sounds fairly definite. Gigabyte does not cover my damage

Answer :

Thank you for your kindly reply and offering further information. After confirming, the damage of memory module socket is belong to physical damage and it may void warranty. Therefore, we suggest you contact your supplier for further assistance. We sorry for any inconvenience.

If you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact with us directly. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Best Regards,
    GIGABYTE

Chike is offline Senior Member

Don't give up so easy.
    This is not a physical damage that is a result of improper handling the MB.
    I believe it would take quite of an effort for a user to cause this damage by just inserting RAM, unless they were somhow damaged.
    The question is not if it's a physical or not, it is how or why it has been caused.

Quote Originally Posted by hsp25 View Post
    oh well that sounds fairly definite. Gigabyte does not cover my damage

Answer :

Thank you for your kindly reply and offering further information. After confirming, the damage of memory module socket is belong to physical damage and it may void warranty. Therefore, we suggest you contact your supplier for further assistance. We sorry for any inconvenience.

If you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact with us directly. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Best Regards,
    GIGABYTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Don't give up so easy.
    This is not a physical damage that is a result of improper handling the MB.
    I believe it would take quite of an effort for a user to cause this damage by just inserting RAM, unless they were somhow damaged.
    The question is not if it's a physical or not, it is how or why it has been caused.
    Agreed for sure! And see what I set bold in your quoted response above! I'd reply, and quote the "MAY Void" part, and tell them there is no way you damaged this.

If all else fails PM Dinos22 as I mentioned, and if he doesn't reply let me know and I'll email him and have him come take a look and see if he can help you.

As I said before, I've seen plenty of obviously user damaged CPU Sockets and Gigabyte replaced, repaired, or sent new without issue. So don't give up so easy as Chike mentioned, they'll fix this for you as it's obviously not something a end user would normally damage themselves, that would be scratched or broken PCB, or damaged sockets. For a memory slot to be damaged like that you'd almost have to do it on purpose, which you obviously you didn't of course, so I don't think that should be considered user damaged.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-24-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. I've tried to talk to gigabyte some more..

I've noticed RMA discussion is 100% banned so I must stop here with this thread as I don't wish to be banned

You are fine talking about RMA's as long as you are respectable and just discussing issues.

That was posted a while ago due to some issues with users RMA discussions getting out of hand and bashing companies and other users, as long as you are just talking respectably about an issue you are fine and will not be banned!

Like I said above, if you aren't getting anywhere with them please PM Dinos22 to come look at this thread, and then let me know if he doesn't reply to you within a few week days and I'll email him and discuss it with him.

k. Thanks for that

No problem, you've been respectable on all of this (you even said you wouldn't lie), so no worries at all!

I believe integrity is an important thing, even if it doesn't get you all you want. Often it doesn't lol

Haha, yes that is true! Hopefully we can get this sorted out for you one way or another!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information