Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-MA790FX-DS5 oh dear

Default Re: GA-MA790FX-DS5 oh dear

Gee i must have all the luck atm. One of my OS just blue screened and i had to ring microsoft. They inform me that my windows 7 ultimate cd i bought from ebay 2 years ago is counterfeit That's just nasty i say

Gigabyte were very quick on the reply this time. Gigabyte keep saying return it to seller but my seller has already told me they wont send it to get looked at. They want to try and repair it themselves
    Last edited by hsp25; 02-24-2012 at 07:05 PM.

BSOD is fun isn't it. I just spent 6 hours recovering it, including a phone call to microsorft (who informed me that it was due to a counterfeit copy of windows and it would take 4-6 weeks to sort out) What a load of garbage. It was verified by them 2 weeks ago and now works fine again

Any way I Think it was actually ram related. No surprises there really. I changed ram for 3x2gb several days ago and I think the GPU benchmark didn't agree with it to well. I noticed it doesn't run right in the red slot (the pair to the broken slot). Runs at 333 instead of 400 like the other 2 identical ram. Would that be normal if you only run 3 ram instead of in pairs?

I really need to get the board back to the seller but after sending them the same picture I've posted here, the response was "Thanks, I will get back to you." I've asked them "Are you a gigabyte local distributor for RMA service?" and it seems like they no longer wish to fix the board themselves so I may be getting somewhere.

Just as a matter of interest, has anyone seen ram so small? The one on the left is my new 2gb sticks. One on the right is a standard 1gb stick
    Attached Images Attached Images GA-MA790FX-DS5 oh dear-23022012158-jpg 
    Last edited by hsp25; 02-25-2012 at 08:52 AM. Reason: spelling

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hsp25 View Post
    Gee i must have all the luck atm. One of my OS just blue screened and i had to ring microsoft. They inform me that my windows 7 ultimate cd i bought from ebay 2 years ago is counterfeit That's just nasty i say

Gigabyte were very quick on the reply this time. Gigabyte keep saying return it to seller but my seller has already told me they wont send it to get looked at. They want to try and repair it themselves
    Ouch! I can PM you about the windows, if you want (I can help you sort that out, ethics will come to mind again , but it's up to you)

They want to repair it? Why, when Gigabyte probably would anyway, I guess that would save them on shipping though so maybe that's why? He's probably thinking like I was, that he can fix it himself and then send to you

Quote Originally Posted by hsp25 View Post
    BSOD is fun isn't it. I just spent 6 hours recovering it, including a phone call to microsorft (who informed me that it was due to a counterfeit copy of windows and it would take 4-6 weeks to sort out) What a load of garbage. It was verified by them 2 weeks ago and now works fine again

Any way I Think it was actually ram related. No surprises there really. I changed ram for 3x2gb several days ago and I think the GPU benchmark didn't agree with it to well. I noticed it doesn't run right in the red slot (the pair to the broken slot). Runs at 333 instead of 400 like the other 2 identical ram. Would that be normal if you only run 3 ram instead of in pairs?

I really need to get the board back to the seller but after sending them the same picture I've posted here, the response was "Thanks, I will get back to you." I've asked them "Are you a gigabyte local distributor for RMA service?" and it seems like they no longer wish to fix the board themselves so I may be getting somewhere.

Just as a matter of interest, has anyone seen ram so small? The one on the left is my new 2gb sticks. One on the right is a standard 1gb stick
    Nice to hear he may be sending it out for you, hopefully you'll know for sure by early next week! You shouldn't run 3 sticks on that board, you loose dual channel, best to run 2 or 4

Yes, that's SFF memory (Small Form Factor). Is that the new 30nm Samsungs?

If so, check this thread out for what those are capable of!
    2500 Mhz with Samsung 30nm 2x4 GB ($40)

Here as well
    Ultra low profile 1.35v 30nm DDR3 capable of 2400MHz. Perfect for SFF builds..
    My Samsung DDR3 4 x 4 GB Overclocking Experience

If it's not those, then maybe you need a set (I know I plan to grab a set just to play with soon)

No this one is only a DDR2 board although looking back it would have been cheaper to just get all new

The ram was the problem. I set bios to x4 so it ran at 400mhz but that was overclocking 1 stick. Another really long story involving a paypal dispute
    Here it is
    "As I have already discussed with you and you wish to try to fob me off. Two out of 4 of these ram sticks do not meet the specs they were supposed to be. One ram stick runs at PC2-3200 no matter what ram slot it is run in but has the kingston part number KVR800D2N6/2G. The other has the wrong kingston part number sticker on the ram itself. That being KVR667D2N5/2G and also does not run at the "PC Desktop memory kingston DDR2 PC6400 DDR800 2GB new" speed I was sold.
    I would like to provide additional information but you have not given an email address as I have requested
    I would either like a refund or the right ram. Preferably the right product
    You say you tested the ram but it came in sealed kingston packaging so I cant see how you did that. All my testing was done with cpuz which is a reputable testing program"

Seems like this build is a drama queen

Ohh, sorry, I forgot DDR2 even exists J/K

Sorry to hear about the ebay issues! Check each stick with CPU-z, and take an image of each ones SPD tab, this will tell you if they are different models or not, and then send that to him if needed!
    CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

Ebay almost ALWAYS decides in the buyers favor in a dispute, so the more info you provide in messages to him (such as those images) the better. And try to keep it in ebay messages too, that way they can see it all and aren't thinking you or him is trying something behind their back that they can't add a fee onto I know what you mean about wanting to email him, probably to add images like I mention, if this is why just upload them and provide links in your ebay messages instead, this will help them decide in your favor too because they will look at your images even if he doesn't.

Never thought of that. Do you just use photobucket?

You could, or any image host like imageshack, tinypic, ect. I always use imgur.com these days, you don't have to join and there's no drama like captcha's or small images only, ect.

Just had 2 more BSOD trying to get a picture. Could be a long night

No on both ram and board atm. Ram people say close the paypal dispute and we will send you ram. Board people (seller) has not commented again since they said "Thanks, I will get back to you."

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information