Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-MA790FX-DS5 oh dear

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-MA790FX-DS5 oh dear

Haha, close the dispute and it unlocks their paypal money, so I don't think that is a good idea. Accounts are locked at Paypal when I dispute is open, they can't send or withdraw $$, so that is probably why they wanted you to do that. I could be wrong though, they might just really plan to send it to you once you drop the case. Did they say that inside the paypal dispute reply system?

Hopefully the board seller will get back to you early this week!

You never showed us some CPU-z SPD pics, lets see both sticks if you have time to do it, thanks!

Regarding the ram
    I feel sorry for em as I don't believe they are at fault really. The fault comes from manufacturer but I am not willing to trust them to send it on their word. If I close the case I have no leg to stand on so that's not happening. They have not responded on the case at all. Just keep sending me ebay mail. My guess is if they can get me to close it without responding, they may get away without a black mark.
    One stick wont work, gives me BSOD every time I use it now so I will just post a pic of that. It is the x1 stick. Sorry bout pic quality. My guess is because it was being overclocked automatically by the board and it has failed.

Here is one of the good sticks
    I tested all sticks by themselves, hence both showing slot 1. I found it strange cpuz didn't give a part number. It usually does. Any idea why it didn't?
    Last edited by hsp25; 02-27-2012 at 02:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Ya, it's probably not their fault, but I'd want a refund from them or ebay/paypal instead of trying to handle that with Kingston. I dunno though, Kingston might hook you up with a fix better and quicker, might want to contact them and see what they say.

Not all brands or models may show a part number, just depends on how they are programmed. Those are two different sticks though as you mentioned, the sticker and the programmed settings verify that!

What you should do is add a comment on Paypal's case like you just did here, just to let Paypal know he IS responding just on ebay instead, and is trying to get you to close the case (And then he'll send replacements), they'll see that as him being up to no good and decide in your favor right away I'd imagine.

The case is locked atm waiting for a seller response so I can not comment in the case so I rang paypal and told them directly.. Stupid as is sounds though, I was told paypal do not except messages from ebay, or anywear for that matter, as proof on the case

Reminds me of some mid day Tv show or something.. And so are the days of our lives

Ahh ok, sounds like they've changed it since I last had to submit one. You used to be able to add in information, or escalate the case.

Paypal and ebay are the same company, no matter what either one tells you!

paypal escalated the case themselves so I can do nothing until they get info from the seller

Yesterday but the seller has sent heaps of mail since and i got sick of them not communicating through the dispute centre so I rang paypal and they escalated it. The seller and I were getting nowhere due to translation problems. Nothing has changed there. Lots of mail. 4 so far today. I'll give you an example. Btw they have said "ship it tomorrow" for at least 3 days

I sent on 26/2:no. I want 4 matching sticks. It is the only reason I bought them. Besides you have a listing that says you have 3 to sell. Do not start lying to me

seller reply:dear ,have a nice day,I am not lying to you,that's OK,we will arrange the shipment of another 2pcs of the memory for you,but as we know there are only wider board left in our store now,so there are not narrow board as we ship it you,but they are also DDR800 2GB and work well,we will try again to get the narrow board PC RAM for you tomorrow,and please also close the case to us,or else we are not able to refund you the money or to resend you another 2pcs of the memory,hope to hear from you soon and please be sure to close the case to us and can ensure we will ship you another 2pcs of the memory tomorrow and with the tracking NO.,thanks!

Haha, ya as soon as you file a report it locks the offenders paypal, so that's why he's sending you so many messages!!

Yes, I think he doesn't speak English very well. He may actually be being honest and plans to send you the memory, or a refund, but I don't think I'd close the case either for two reasons. One being he never responded in the actual case, and two that leaves you with no leg to stand on as you mentioned, in case he isn't trying to be honest with you.

I'd tell you I'll refund or ship out new memory too, just to get you to unlock my paypal! It does suck for sellers though, I mean when your account is locked like that you can't even purchase a shipping label to send something to someone, so you're stuck. If he doesn't live in town, or doesn't have the actual cash to ship to you but wants to, then he can't because his locked paypal was his only way to ship thing. That would be very similar to my situation if you and I were in a dispute, I'm never in town during business hours and thus can only ship via my papal account and postman stopping by to pickup a package.

Is this seller a long time user, with 100% feedback? If so, he may be being honest with you, but you'll have to decide on that yourself, I'm just trying to explain that selling is not always an easy thing for everyone like one might think it is.

Yeah I've never sold for that reason.It could turn into a real pain easily and I work 40km from the nearest post office. I am lucky to get home just before they close.

Yeah he has reasonable feedback record but this negative in his profile doesn't give him credibility "the object does not match a description and I have not been reimbursed"

This is wear I'm at though

Unfortunately having to go through dispute/resolution is not ideal for me either. I would have preferred to get what I paid for and have non of this bother but here we are.
    You want me to trust you and send the items, then I will get a refund.
    I want you to trust me, give a refund and I will send all items back.
    "Stalemate"

Please reply to paypal so the case can be solved/closed quickly.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information