Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't change the clock ratio on my Phenom II BE processor

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: I can't change the clock ratio on my Phenom II BE processor

No worries about a late reply!

The only thing I can think for you to do is to contact Gigabyte directly, and see if there is any known issues with that CPU and using multipliers with this board. You can contact them here, but you'll have to wait a while to hear back as they are very busy
    GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - Technical Support

Can you set multipliers lower than the stock one? If you are not sure, please test and let us know.

I used a 12x ratio and started the computer just to see what I always see when I change the ratio from auto, nothing.

I will contact Gigabyte and hear what they have to say.

Thanks for the support.
    AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE | Gigabyte GA-M55S-S3 | 4GB DDR2 PC5300 | Sapphire Radeon HD5670 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Sorry to hear! Yes, please contact them directly and see if they can test with your exact same CPU and fix the issue for you

I asked Gigabyte about my situation and here is what they wrote:

Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. Since overclock result depends on your hardware platform and the result is not guaranteed, we suggest you to Load Optimized under BIOS setting and see if system works.

You may also test with other CPU (if possible). If problem remains, please contact your original purchase retailer and see if they can check on your platform to find out the root cause.

That isn't very helpful. I don't have any other cpu and I doubt my retailer will be able to help. Would I have more luck on the Gigabyte forum?
    AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE | Gigabyte GA-M55S-S3 | 4GB DDR2 PC5300 | Sapphire Radeon HD5670 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Wow, they replied that quickly? Respond back and tell them you cannot under-clock by lowering multiplier below stock, that way they can't give you a generic "Overclocking" reply

What Gigabyte forum do you mean? If you mean the UK one, maybe, ask Dark Mantis to PM Runn3r for you, and link them to this thread.

But please do reply to their email to you, and mention you also cannot lower the CPU multiplier, and say you are NOT trying to overclock, that way they have to give you a real reply.

I just replied to Gigabyte and told them I wasn't overclocking and can't use a lower ratio. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Thanks! Go ahead and ask at the UK forum if that is where you meant, get those guys in on it too!

The Tech Support is a dead end. Here is the answer I got today:

Since we do not have similar problem and also not sure about your situation, please Load Optimized and see whether it runs well? If you are not trying to overclock, you can leave the setting with Optimized result and see if system runs well.

If you still have problem setting those options, kindly see if your retailer can assist. Please understand that similar issue need to see the hardware to find out the root cause. Sorry.

I posted on the UK forum but I'm starting to lose faith.

I'll follow up on the UK forum and make sure Runn3r sees this thread!

It does sound like the understood what you meant, tested and did not have the same issue in the lab. So it very well could be a problem with your board or CPU, so you may need to send both of those to them for testing, otherwise you'll have to RMA both with both companies and hope for the best. I'd send the board and CPU to Gigabyte and let them test it and see what's going on.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Did this problem began before or after you have flashed the latest BIOS?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information