Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 74

Thread: STILL trying to get a modest Overlock in my GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0




  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    60

    Default Re: STILL trying to get a modest Overlock in my GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    i agree somethings not right,at stock it should run sweet as a nut imo,if not then rma it
    Finally it is concluded! :) do you know that process? If it starts with a tech support ticket with GIGABYTE then I'm done there

    i bought from amazon. the price now is actually more than what I paid for
    Asus P979X Deluxe with 3930K @ 4.7Ghz 102.2x46
    2133Mhz Ram OC to 2180.4Mhz 4x8GB Ripjaws Z
    51.1GB/s Aggregate Memory Performance in Sandra
    GTX 570 (EVGA) w/2.5GB @ 850Mhz/1700/2100Mhz @ 1.063v

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Birmingham,Great Britain
    Posts
    9,250

    Default Re: STILL trying to get a modest Overlock in my GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by nottinmatterz_2day View Post
    Finally it is concluded! :) do you know that process? If it starts with a tech support ticket with GIGABYTE then I'm done there

    i bought from amazon. the price now is actually more than what I paid for
    how long have you owned the board? i think its first year with retailer then remainder of warranty rma direct with gigabyte,and yeah fill in an rma ticket request on gigabyte.us website,might be under support

    doesnt matter where or who you purchased from,they go off the mb serial for warranty period
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

    http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

    Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    60

    Default Re: STILL trying to get a modest Overlock in my GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    how long have you owned the board? i think its first year with retailer then remainder of warranty rma direct with gigabyte,and yeah fill in an rma ticket request on gigabyte.us website,might be under support

    doesnt matter where or who you purchased from,they go off the mb serial for warranty period
    since july

    could not find an RMA or warranty return through amazon they said look at the manufacturer's site. their return policy said "eligible for only partial refund" so i'm just going through gigabyte.

    Haven't replied to my support ticket yet but i put the RMA in as well, referencing the support ticket
    Asus P979X Deluxe with 3930K @ 4.7Ghz 102.2x46
    2133Mhz Ram OC to 2180.4Mhz 4x8GB Ripjaws Z
    51.1GB/s Aggregate Memory Performance in Sandra
    GTX 570 (EVGA) w/2.5GB @ 850Mhz/1700/2100Mhz @ 1.063v

  4. #64
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: STILL trying to get a modest Overlock in my GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0

    I doubt at all that it's the board, why are you RMA'n it already?

    I think it's your settings!

    Please try these for stock and see how you get along with 12GB at first


    Code:
    Advanced CPU Features:
    CPU Clock Ratio ................................ [24x]
    Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech .................. [Enabled]  << Disabled for now
    CPU Cores Enabled ............................ [All]
    CPU Multi Threading .......................... [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) ................... [Disabled]
    C3/C6/C7 State Support .................... [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor ......................... [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function ............................ [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology ................... [Enabled] << Disabled if you do not use Vmware or Virtual PC Programs
    Bi-Directional PROCHOT ..................... [Enabled]
    
    
    Uncore & QPI Features:
    QPI Link Speed .............................. x36
    Uncore Frequency ..........................  (Always 1.5x -2x memory Multi or above - Higher means more Vdimm or QPI/Vtt often but can help stability)  << Set x22-24 for now, yes you can use less but lets see if this is the issue.  If this does not help, manually set 18-20 and test again
    Isonchronous Frequency ..................[Enabled]
    
    
    Standard Clock Control:
    Base Clock (BCLK) Control ................ [Enabled]
    BCLK Frequency (MHz) ..................... 133
    PCI Express Frequency (MHz) ........... [100]
    
    C.I.A.2 [Disabled]
    
    Advanced Clock Control:
    CPU Clock Drive ..............................[800mV]
    PCI Express Clock Drive ................... [900mV]
    CPU Clock Skew ............................. [0ps]
    IOH Clock Skew ............................. [0ps]
    
    
    Advanced DRAM Features:
    Performance Enhance ...................... [Standard]  << Extreme is often best for stability on X58, so xtreme is suggested :)
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) ......... [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD) ........ [AUTO]   << Set x12 Manually
    DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD) .......... [Manual]  << Set expert, then set each channels main timings and command rate one by one
    
    Channel A + B + C
    
    Channel A Timing Settings:
    ##Channel A Standard Timing Control##
    CAS Latency Time ...................... 9
    tRCD ....................................... 9
    tRP ......................................... 9
    tRAS ....................................... 24
    
    
    ##Channel A Advanced Timing Control##
    tRC ........................................  (Should be = tRAS + tRP or above for stability)
    tRRD .......................................
    tWTR ...................................... (Must be Write to Read Delay/Same Rank - (tWL + 4)
    tWR ........................................ 5-12 (Odd # values likely will fail)
    tWTP .......................................    (tWTP Must = tWR + tWL + 4)
    tWL ........................................   (tWL Must be CAS Latency -1)
    tRFC .......................................
    tRTP .......................................
    tFAW ......................................
    Command Rate (CMD) ................  << Set 1T
    
    ##Channel A Misc Timing Control##
    Round Trip Latency ...................
    
    B2B CAS Delay ..........................
    
    
    Advanced Voltage Control:
    
    CPU
    Load Line Calibration ................. [Disabled]  << level 1
    CPU Vcore ............................... Auto or above stock, 1.25-1.35
    QPI/VTT Voltage 1.150v ............   Try 1.25-1.35
    CPU PLL 1.800v ....................... 1.8 or less
    
    MCH/ICH
    PCIE 1.500v ........................... 1.5
    QPI PLL 1.100v ....................... 1.2
    IOH Core 1.100v ..................... 1.14
    ICH I/O 1.500v ....................... 1.5
    ICH Core 1.1v ........................ 1.14
    
    DRAM
    DRAM Voltage 1.500v .............. 1.55
    DRAM Termination 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-A Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-B Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-C Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-A Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-B Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
    Ch-C Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]

  5. #65
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: STILL trying to get a modest Overlock in my GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0

    LinX has failed with 3GB RAM (1 module) and optimized defaults.
    Hard to tell what is in fault, could be CPU or motherboard.

  6. #66
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: STILL trying to get a modest Overlock in my GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0

    Well optimized defaults are not often very optimized with Hex core CPU's, especially the uncore, that's why I suggested he try those settings.

    I think maybe CPU more than the board, if there is a fault in either, because of the BSOD @ Vcore 0x3b.

    Hopefully it's the uncore not being set right though, it's so hard to try and help on things like this without having the hardware in front of us. You know if we had it ourselves we could get it sorted out pretty quickly, some day we'll be able to beam ourselves around and help others, I can't wait for those days!!

  7. #67
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    60

    Default Re: STILL trying to get a modest Overlock in my GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Well optimized defaults are not often very optimized with Hex core CPU's, especially the uncore, that's why I suggested he try those settings.

    I think maybe CPU more than the board, if there is a fault in either, because of the BSOD @ Vcore 0x3b.

    Hopefully it's the uncore not being set right though, it's so hard to try and help on things like this without having the hardware in front of us. You know if we had it ourselves we could get it sorted out pretty quickly, some day we'll be able to beam ourselves around and help others, I can't wait for those days!!
    LSD Hope this satisfies you:

    Go to 2min for confirm BIOS settings you suggested
    Go to 7min for tests failing, and end i jus run IE a little to get it to blue screen
    FAIL - YouTube
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uN7ttPzVFu0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Asus P979X Deluxe with 3930K @ 4.7Ghz 102.2x46
    2133Mhz Ram OC to 2180.4Mhz 4x8GB Ripjaws Z
    51.1GB/s Aggregate Memory Performance in Sandra
    GTX 570 (EVGA) w/2.5GB @ 850Mhz/1700/2100Mhz @ 1.063v

  8. #68
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: STILL trying to get a modest Overlock in my GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0

    Thanks, but I didn't need a video, I believed you! My comments didn't mean I didn't trust users to set settings, or anything like that. I simply meant it's much easier for us pro's to test settings, adjust this, change that, test, adjust, ect all very quickly ourselves, compared to trying to tell users what might/should work in a text template. I hope you understand that's all I was saying, it's just easier and faster for us to tweak and get it done in person, that's all I meant. Someday we well be able to beam around and help users!!

    Setting all those advanced memory settings manually is not really advised when you are already having issue, that might be causing part of the problems, those should all be on auto. So please try that now, if you've always been setting those manually

    Wow, that's circus music aint it? Haha, crazy time!

    Yes, something is wrong, that should be working! Do you have any 2GB modules just to rule out those 4GB modules being part of the cause? If not, please do go back and test again with all those advanced settings on auto. And maybe test with 2x4GB just to try and rule out memory as the cause if you don't have any 2GB sticks.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    60

    Default Re: STILL trying to get a modest Overlock in my GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Thanks, but I didn't need a video, I believed you! My comments didn't mean I didn't trust users to set settings, or anything like that. I simply meant it's much easier for us pro's to test settings, adjust this, change that, test, adjust, ect all very quickly ourselves, compared to trying to tell users what might/should work in a text template. I hope you understand that's all I was saying, it's just easier and faster for us to tweak and get it done in person, that's all I meant. Someday we well be able to beam around and help users!!

    Setting all those advanced memory settings manually is not really advised when you are already having issue, that might be causing part of the problems, those should all be on auto. So please try that now, if you've always been setting those manually

    Wow, that's circus music aint it? Haha, crazy time!

    Yes, something is wrong, that should be working! Do you have any 2GB modules just to rule out those 4GB modules being part of the cause? If not, please do go back and test again with all those advanced settings on auto. And maybe test with 2x4GB just to try and rule out memory as the cause if you don't have any 2GB sticks.
    videos are more fun
    Final Fantasy VII man! the chocobo background music

    yeah wish you were here tweaking if that's what you enjoy.
    That's the first time I have set the timing manually i'll change those to auto and dual channel 2x4gb sticks, ive already tried to different single 4gb sticks in ddr3_1 slot..
    guarantee it will crash again

    EDIT: LinX BSOD after 4 minutes, 01e error
    Last edited by nottinmatterz_2day; 03-02-2012 at 05:05 PM.
    Asus P979X Deluxe with 3930K @ 4.7Ghz 102.2x46
    2133Mhz Ram OC to 2180.4Mhz 4x8GB Ripjaws Z
    51.1GB/s Aggregate Memory Performance in Sandra
    GTX 570 (EVGA) w/2.5GB @ 850Mhz/1700/2100Mhz @ 1.063v

  10. #70
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: STILL trying to get a modest Overlock in my GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0

    That's what the music was eh? Haha, reminded me of a crazy carnival or circus

    Yes, I do think I'd be able to sort it out if I was there, that's all I meant. So, no 2GB sticks you can test with? Try to borrow some from a friend or from work, before you send anything off for RMA. I'd just hate to see you send of the board or CPU, or both and it end up being a memory issue.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •