Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motherboard Issue???? Z68AP-D3

Default Motherboard Issue???? Z68AP-D3

Hello GIGABYTE US, I just purchased a motherboard model Z68AP-D3 around 6 weeks ago and last week after putting the PC into sleep mode, the computer is now unable to boot at all. Weird because I have put the PC to sleep many times already and this issue has not appeared.

I press the power button, the fans LEDs will power on for around 5 seconds, I get NO SIGNAL, then the system will shutdown and reboot. It will do this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over until I hold the power button to shut it down or flip the power switch on the PSU. I've let the system repeat this for over 30 sequences to no avail. Seriously, this is hopeless!

My system consists of i5-2400, GIGABYTE 6850 Fac.OC, 4GB x2 G.Skill RIPJAW Series DDR3 1600MHz, OCZ ZS Series 750W, Corsair Force Series GT 90GB, and of course the GIGABYTE Z68AP-D3.

I've done some basic troubleshooting. Pulled all components from the setup until only CPU and PSU and 1 stick of memory remained. Booted and system still goes into no-signal boot loop. Removed CMOS battery, shorted clear CMOS Pins, and after that I actually could get to the POST screen, where memory and CPU information is displayed. A few seconds beyond the POST screen, the endless boot loop will repeat itself. I have tried switching out PSUs and that only confirmed that this is not a power issue, switched between 3 different types of RAM (all DDR3) with the same result. Have not tried switching CPUs because a new one would cost me a a new motherboard, but I doubt that's the problem since CPU shows up on POST diagnosis.

Can I get some assistance here? This seems to be a motherboard issue in my perspective... Need help desperately!!

Default Re: Motherboard Issue???? Z68AP-D3

when you get to bios again,load optimised defaults and save/reboot see if that helps,if not try overnight battery removal then do the same,load optimised defaults save/reboot
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chike is offline Senior Member

Were you using the onboard HDMI port all the time?
    If what wazza300 said won't work, take test the board board out of the case. The board must be placed on a non-conductive surface of course, like a wood table or cardboard (the board box would do)

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    when you get to bios again,load optimised defaults and save/reboot see if that helps,if not try overnight battery removal then do the same,load optimised defaults save/reboot
    I cannot get into BIOS.. the only thing I can do is hit TAB to POST. Overnight battery removal of the CMOS battery, or the PSU? Cuz I tried the PSU already, to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Were you using the onboard HDMI port all the time?
    If what wazza300 said won't work, take test the board board out of the case. The board must be placed on a non-conductive surface of course, like a wood table or cardboard (the board box would do)
    I was using onboard HDMI, also tried VGA to DVI... I already took the board out to test on the motherboard's box. Got me those results..

i ment leave mb bttery out overnight,sometimes it needs that long to fully clear the cmos,then try

also try removing graphic card boot up with onboard,shut down and install graphic card again and boot up,could be looping because of graphic card detection so you need to test/eliminate it
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Chike is offline Senior Member

Have you tried moving the one stick to another slot?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Do you get any error beeps, if you don't have a speaker connected please try to find one to use.

I agree with Wazza on the graphics, try the onboard with all other cards removed and see if that helps. And for the extended clear CMOS, I suggest you unplug the PSU from the board, or switch it off on the rear. Then remove the battery, then press and hold the case power on button for one minute, then put a jumper on the Clear CMOS Pins, and let it sit like that overnight or overnight and all the next day. Then try it again and see if anything changes.

i ment leave mb bttery out overnight,sometimes it needs that long to fully clear the cmos,then try

also try removing graphic card boot up with onboard,shut down and install graphic card again and boot up,could be looping because of graphic card detection so you need to test/eliminate it
    I have tried that. Used the onboard HDMI, then tried the GPU HDMI. Neither works.

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Have you tried moving the one stick to another slot?
    Ive used 2 different types of DDR3 (4GBx4), moved them across all 4 slots. Nothing works.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Do you get any error beeps, if you don't have a speaker connected please try to find one to use.

I agree with Wazza on the graphics, try the onboard with all other cards removed and see if that helps. And for the extended clear CMOS, I suggest you unplug the PSU from the board, or switch it off on the rear. Then remove the battery, then press and hold the case power on button for one minute, then put a jumper on the Clear CMOS Pins, and let it sit like that overnight or overnight and all the next day. Then try it again and see if anything changes.
    I get an error beep, that according to the manual the PSU is not connected properly. That's incorrect because Ive already tested my PSU on my cousin's rig (which runs SLI) and it ran flawlessly for the past week. Besides, the beep code is not acting correctly because when I add memory into the configuration, I get a single beep that supposedly says 'everything's booting fine'.

Have yet to report on the CMOS.

see what a long cmos clear does first,then you can move onto other things to try
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

see what a long cmos clear does first,then you can move onto other things to try
    Long clear CMOS made it worse, now I cant even get to POST.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information