Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: need help with BIOS

Default Re: need help with BIOS

i found out that that is in fact the problem. the other motherboards have had updated BIOS that solve this problem. Mine just hasn't been updated in 7 months and it seems nobody is going to change that any time soon unfortunately

Chike is offline Senior Member

Do you know what was the particular update that solved it?

EDIT: dont flash your mb with the bios of a different mb as it will brick the bios making it useless,i didnt read all of what you posted sorry
    Last edited by wazza300; 03-04-2012 at 07:30 AM.
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my motherboards BIOS last update was 7 months ago. i can't update it anymore and they haven't made a new update to solve the problem with total war shogun 2. i did use the usb stick and qflash to get the most recent update but that didn't solve the problem. the updates you showed there are for a different motherboard

ahh sorry but you did link to it so i assumed it was for your mb,what os you using ? can you run in vista or xp mode(shogun2)? usually that fixes some games,for me anyway

nevermind i read what you posted,it wont work crossflashing bios's it will brick the mb
    Last edited by wazza300; 03-04-2012 at 07:30 AM.
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chike is offline Senior Member

Tour best bet is to contact GB support. This bard is #5 in google shopping AM3+ socket.
    Usually it's the cheaper boards that are best sellers, and those normally being updated.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

What is the actual Steam error? Do you have all windows updates installed, including the optional .NET Framework ones? If not please install all updates and see if that helps.

If not, update your graphics card drivers to the latest version as well. Without knowing the actual issue we can't try to help.

These are the only BIOSes that will work for your motherboard, and a BIOS shouldn't be the cause of a Steam error, so it's likely something else so that's why I asked what the actual error and issue is.
    GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3+ - GA-M68MT-S2 (rev. 3.1)

steam works fine. it's playing the game total war shogun 2 in steam that doesnt work. the game jsut goes to the splash screen and stays there. even if i sit there for 30 minutes, it won't go any further. i just got this computer so i probably don't have all the updates installed i'll try that and check the graphics card update and let you know.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh ok! Ya, that sounds like a game error itself, nothing to do with the BIOS. So check for game updates, and windows updates as I mentioned.

I found the thread I believe you mentioned where they tell you that you need a BIOS update, at least I think it might be you, anyway (Or in one of the last two linked threads ), further in the thread you'll see that those BIOS update comments were only intended for FX board users (and FX CPU's) as only those were affected
    Splash Screen Hang - Page 2

I googled around on that issue, thanks for info on the actual issue, and I see MANY users with that issue. I see many say just waiting a long time makes it load, but that's not ideal and probably shouldn't be a recommended solution, plus you already waited for ever and it didn't help.

Here are a few of the threads I found, with fixes and many resolved too if you look in other threads from the last google link I'll leave for you.
    New Patch not working? Try this fix. - Total War Center Forums << Solved
    Shogun 2 won't run past splash screen - resolved - Total War Center Forums << Solved
    ***Before You Post in the Total War: Shogun 2 Support Forum: Please Read First!***

total war shogun 2 stuck on splash screen - Google Search

total war shogun 2 freeze splash screen - Google Search

Of course if you do end up needing a BIOS update, you may need to request one directly, if you do end up doing that be sure to reference all those threads, and these too. In regards to these, if you are a Chrome users, uninstall it if nothing else helps, to see if that solves you issue as it sounds like that might be the cause of many users issues.
    Shogun 2 won't start - Page 9
    STW2 not starting [Solution for AMD FX-CPUs, Windows patches + BIOS update] - Page 3 << Be sure to mention post #24 if you send them this link in a BIOS request @ Core Parking Features)

i have fx so i'm kinda screwed here haha. thanks anyways though

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information