Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: need help with BIOS

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: need help with BIOS

Ahh, you have FX CPU then?

If so, send in a report as I mentioned, and be sure to tell them they need to add updates into the BIOS for the Core Parking Feature

Also, be sure you try the things mentioned in the threads I linked that say << Solved.

Did you try the fixes in the thread I mentioned yet? If not, please do, and then think about BIOSes as a last resort and you'll have to request one directly as you already know the latest BIOS for your board is not dated for what you need.

No, that will not work for your motherboard, you have GA-M68MT-S2 and that is GA-M68MT-S2P BIOS

nah man scroll down. the second post is for the s2. i just wasn't sure what the BIOS that he recently made was even for was thinking you might know better than me if it would fix the issue

and yes i've tried everything that you mentioned with no result.

Ahh ok, I didn't see that second post. Well, no, that wont be any help to you as it's the same version you can download from Gigabyte directly.

All they are doing there is inserting different SLIC's, which has nothing to do with what you are trying to address. That type of BIOS mod is for cheating windows activation, that's all I can say here, but it's the same BIOS you already have FB, so you'll need to request a new version that addresses the new FX CPU features including parking cores as I mentioned.

Huge load times and low FPS [Solution - BIOS update needed for AMD FX CPU] - Page 2

I have just found proof that gigabyte has an update for my motherboard somewhere here that fixed this guys problems. He says it was out 1/9/2012 which would help me alot and he got a link from you guys. I have finally gotten past the loading screen myself but am experiencing the same exact problems he spoke of. If i can get the link for this BIOS update this problem can finally be resolved. do you know where I could find it?

Huge load times and low FPS [Solution - BIOS update needed for AMD FX CPU]

He explains here on his edit of the first post.

Join that forum and send him a PM and ask for a copy of that BIOS. If he says he doesn't have the BIOS anymore ask him to install @BIOS and save a copy to his hard drive for you.

*Edit* I see you have already done that! If he does not reply in a day or so let me know and I'll directly request that BIOS for you!
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-07-2012 at 12:05 PM.

thank you alot for the help man. It says his only activities on that forum were just to make that topic and then update it so i'm not sure if he'll ever get my message. i'll let you know if he answers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information