Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: SSD/Marvell

Default Re: SSD/Marvell

The tough part is that the drivers on GB page are an older version (these are Nov of last yr.)

Im using the McAfee security center (good product imo)

(sry for delay, was tryin to run that script I mentioned for the WMI error, hopin fix it button worked) CSscript isnt a command or something
    Gaming Rig

NZXT Phantom
    NZXT Hale90 (850)
    Intel Core i7 (920)
    GIGABYTE G1 Guerrilla
    CORSAIR Vengeance (6 GB)
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti

CORSAIR Performance Pro (128 GB)
    WD Caviar Black (1TB Raid 0)

Windows 7 (SP1)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well, I would install those if I were you, but if you want more recent ones, you can install the ones from here at the bottom of the page (Top section of the bottom area)

Marvell drivers

DO NOT mess with the firmware, and please don't start asking about it either, just forgot you ever saw that!!

lol I have a feeling that you seem to forget (I didnt really want to update BIOS unless needed)

Im pretty sure the link that you posted is for the same driver (1.2.0.1019) thank you!
    Gaming Rig

NZXT Phantom
    NZXT Hale90 (850)
    Intel Core i7 (920)
    GIGABYTE G1 Guerrilla
    CORSAIR Vengeance (6 GB)
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti

Windows 7 (SP1)

Great, although you should be on the latest BIOS! I say great though because I would have to modify a BIOS for you if you wanted the Marvell firmware updated, and that's always a crap shoot because sometimes newer isn't faster and I don't keep up with which is best lately.

Ya, it would be the same if the driver versions are the same. And the Marvell Storage Utility (MSU) Version 4.1.0.2003 package there would be the same as larger package at Gigabyte

Morning!

I wanted to post an updated status, since you helped guide me along! I have to say thank you again...

I already discussed the WMI error (same "feature" as Vista) I might have already said this, but I never did like the fix. Ive applied it now to avoid the extra writes, and it appears no more Event ID 10's! After running a few clean boots w various changes, I finally ran disk check:

One issue that I believe started after Win updates was a fail msg when closing an IE window, while I havnt seen one since " Recovering orphaned file Package_2_for_KB2544893"

I guess you could burst my bubble and tell me "The file name attributes in file 0xf7f4 has different parents. The DOS name has 0x10000000008ab as parent. The NTFS name has 0x10000000000ab as parent. " wouldnt cause startup issues. I actually used sleep, as opposed to shutting down, so dunno for sure issue is resolved.

So anyways I might just push my luck and reconnect the HD's soon!
    Gaming Rig

NZXT Phantom
    NZXT Hale90 (850)
    Intel Core i7 (920)
    GIGABYTE G1 Guerrilla
    CORSAIR Vengeance (6 GB)
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti

Windows 7 (SP1)

Nice to see you fixed that! I've never noticed, or cared I guess? I never have to apply any fix to use it

What's IE have to do with it, or was that just happened to be a random error at he time? Sleep may or may not have to do with that or any other error you get, as you must be 100% tested stable before sleep works properly.

Afternoon!

I dont believe IE has anything to do w/ the WMI error. Its almost funny that its present in Vista, but not Windows 7, unless SP1 is installed. The good news it isnt being logged, thanx to the "fix". Now the IE error on closing. did happen a few times (even after check disk). However I did make a few changes to System like McAfee site advisor, delete browsing history on exit, etc.

The only reason I used sleep was to hopefully avoid any cold boot issue's, but w/ the Systems state at the time, I believe logging off first, is what helped to settle things.

Oh I have to tell ya that I learned something interesting. I had enabled delete browsing history on exit, but "Disk cleanup" showed @ 90 plus mb. I finally figured out that the IE 9 update was shown when I clicked view files in the IE temp folder. While this got me to thinking to change the settings for Recycle bin to "dont move files to Recycle bin". After I made the change, Disk cleanup is'nt shown under disk properties (its still accessible under system tools though) But for a few minutes there, I was like rut-roh!

I really dont want to jinx myself, and say System is stable and error free. Basically I probably should have installed my killer nic w an older version, and then updated to curreent (might actually be another Nic update soon) anyway I did have the program fail at startup (which lead to issues/other drivers/programs failing to start) The kicker is after I uninstalled, ran the Bigfoot cleaner, and reinstalled, I immediately hit the Okay button for restart upon installing. hive error! no surprise (downloads folder was still open, and I never bothered to close the EA Origin log on screen) Oops

p.s. I still have to reconnect the harddrives, but if I plan to install ET6 (mainly for the temp's feature) would it be a good idea to disable some bios feature's first (EIST turbo etc.) and Id like to know your thoughts on any issue with having PrecisionX (provides fpm, temp) installed alongside. tbh Ive had ET6 installed in the past, but never tried the OC button on the mobo (thinkin ET must be installed for the button to work)

Have a good day!

Ahh Vista eh! Sorry, I didn't notice you were using that. I've never had issues with it either, but I haven't played with it for a year or so. IE is terrible, my suggestion for a fix there is to never open the program

Sleep can't avoid cold boot issues, if anything and you were going to have them it would probably be worse, but not sure on that? I know you need to be 100% stable before S3 sleep is going to work for you.

You can manually go in and delete all your temp files if you need too, sometimes disk cleanup or deleting inernet files and history does not always clear everything. Here's the folders you can safely delete all contents from, there are others as well so this is a short list
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ History
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ Temporary Internet Files
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Window s\IEDownloadHistory
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Window s\Cookies

Flash Cookies
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com

Other windows temp files
    C:\Windows\Prefetch
    C:\Windows\Temp

I disable EIST, C1E, C3/C6, for overclocking, leaving them enabled is up to you. Turbo depends on how you want to set your CPU multiplier. If you want to use the highest one, you'll need turbo enabled, if you use a lower one then you can disable it so the multi stays locked at the one you set. Never heard of PrecisionX. ET does not have to be installed for the 4G button to work, just so you know.

Morning!

My appologies for butchering English! Im running Windows 7 (SP1). The WMI error, was present during my use of Vista too (still have the emails for troubleshooting w MS)

Its ironic that you mention the steps for cleaning temp files. A few years ago, I was preparing to switch back to the use of McAfee, and the program would not install (it wanted clean temps)
    Ive copied the steps to load on my usb of needed files!

In reguards to IE and the errors (just had one too), its quite possible related to my AV. However the program installed fine, and appears to run correctly. I may spend some more time adjusting settings in IE,
    and possibly cleaning temps too. It appears that I didnt enable empty temp file folder (only had empty history enabled) fwiw I just d/l Firefox 11.0

Here's the link to Precision EVGA | Software | EVGA Precision I only use it for monitoring (cards bios is already juiced)

I have had a succesful cold boot, but system was only off for say a count of 40, and I also didnt shut off the pwr supply. (basically sleep function may be providing a sugar pill effect) One more question (just to cover bases) I do not need to instal XHD program prior to reinstalling the HD raid, unless I had plans to add even more drives right?

Most likely HD's will be reinstalled tomorrow, unless I encounter issue's w anything ie. pressing 4G

p.s. I have a good feeling that if Im going to have a good OC'd system, that it will be because of your help. I mean if possible Id like to have my cake and eat it too. ie. stable, kicks in more so when gaming, and doesnt just add extra spins to the eletric meter...(I was spoiled w turbo on my Pen MMX)

thanx again for your continued help! have a good day!
    Gaming Rig

NZXT Phantom
    NZXT Hale90 (850)
    Intel Core i7 (920)
    GIGABYTE G1 Guerrilla
    CORSAIR Vengeance (6 GB)
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti

Windows 7 (SP1)

Haha, no worries! It's probably partially my fault for being in a hurry when I replied!

You don't have to clean all of those all the time, I just do it maybe once every few weeks or so. And if you use firefox there is plugins that can clear the flash cookies for you if you want, I just gave you that long list so you could clear it all out in case you were still having issues of any kind.

You should be fine using PrecisionX if you want, I haven't heard of anyone having issues with it (Or using it though, so that may be why I never hear of issues?) So you'll have to try it out and see if there is any conflict. You should remove Easytune from running at startup though, no reason for that! Do that by right clicking the tray icon and uncheck the run at startup option.

We can help you overclock for sure! No need to use the 4G button at all, unless you want to and don't want to overclock via the BIOS (Which is how you should do it)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information