Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with my new radeon 7750

Default Re: Problem with my new radeon 7750

A few last notes!

I did find that there is at least two versions 540 & 540s (Id suggest keeping the s stock, if its an actual 540s)because: current card req @ 18 amp, and if you did get a slim design psu, cooling would be a little more questionable (im guessing more chance of deadspots, w any added change from negative case pressure)

Im somewhat certain that if its a "540", quite a few PSU's should work/fit.

btw Im all for gold/plat PSU's, but it may be a good idea to just try to keep the PSU power @ double expected load/pwr draw (operating efficiency). Id like to think a solid bronze PSU, may provide similiar cooling to the stock unit. Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX550M 550W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Semi Modular High Performance Power Supply this is a slightly longer PSU, and while it offers some flexibility in attaching wires (they might be a tad long)

added notes: latest drivers ATI Catalyst heres a nice fan to consider if you plan to add additional intake and exhaust opening's Newegg.com - GELID Solutions WING 14 UV Blue FN-FW14B-12 140mm Case Fan (Id filter the intake and run it slightly slower thn the exhaust)

/Edit
    p.s. If by chance a friend has a different case to offer, I wouldnt waste time trying to get the reset sw to work (its most likely proprietary plug) I do not have much more info to provide, and since I already suggested returning if its a 540s case (not to mention Im no guru) I wont be posting @ issue!
    /End Edit

Good Luck! It appears quite a bit of good info posted!
    Last edited by Zipperbag; 03-29-2012 at 01:48 PM. Reason: potential non conformance issues
    Gaming Rig

NZXT Phantom
    NZXT Hale90 (850)
    Intel Core i7 (920)
    GIGABYTE G1 Guerrilla
    CORSAIR Vengeance (6 GB)
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti

CORSAIR Performance Pro (128 GB)
    WD Caviar Black (1TB Raid 0)

Windows 7 (SP1)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ethan, can you confirm if this is a "Normal" ATX power supply connection type, I mean the 4/8 pin and 24 pin, or is it "Dell" type? It may look very similar, you'll need to compare the cable placements in the slot with another PSU, and check to see if another PSU 24 pin cable will even plug into the board.

Just to be 100% sure before you look at other non-dell PSU's, I'd hate to see you buy a brand new good PSU and then it not even plug into your board!

Hey guys, did anyone ever figure this out?

I'm having the same problem, but I know it isn't the power supply. It's definitely driver-related. When I uninstall the driver, the computer works perfectly fine. Sent an email to HIS tech support asking for help. Any suggestions?

Matej is offline Junior Member

i had msi 7750 and 250w psu,so its not problem,the card use 55 wats ( Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 PC Gaming Graphics Card Hardware For Game System Requirements ) its problem in adapet or cable that is connecting gpu and monitor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information