Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-990FXA-UD3 v1.0 Bios?

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: GA-990FXA-UD3 v1.0 Bios?

Quote Originally Posted by Fredbare View Post
    I'll give that a try and let you know the outcome! I was communicating with a guy named Chike, to sort out my system earlier he sorted out the problem (when I was running Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz RAM), but now I've moved on to 1866 MHz Crucial Ballistix, I did not dare to ask him for more help? As I said to him at the time I was not looking to overclock but just to get the system to recognize the correct settings for the RAM, the reason for moving on is I am putting together another system, and just want to get it right, I'm no expert when it comes to tweaking the BIOS and need as much help as I can get! You see at the moment when I power on the system, it only recognizes the RAM as 1333 MHz and if I tweak the settings to what I think is right then save and exit BIOS, then reboot all I get from my system is 2 long beeps from BIOS and the following message appears:-

The system has experienced boot failures because of overclocking,
    The last settings in BIOS setup may not coincide with current H/W states,
    current CPU speed: 18.0 x 200 MHz,
    current memory speed: 1333 MHz,
    current HT speed: 2600 MHz,
    press DEL key to enter the BIOS setup
    or press any rest of keys to continue.

Then everything reverts back to previous settings?
    We are here to help others to the best of our ability so don't be afraid to ask.
    To help us assist you please put the system specs in your forum signature and also post what you have tried so far.
    My knowlege in AMD CPUs is theoretical basically, I have not used one since the early 90s os last century :)
    What are the memory multiplier options? Do you have 9.33 or is 8.00 multiplier is the highest?

EDIT: There is no mention in the manual for 2 long beep code, there is 1 long 1 short for memory error , and 2 short for CMOS settings error.
    Last edited by Chike; 04-07-2012 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    We are here to help others to the best of our ability so don't be afraid to ask.
    To help us assist you please put the system specs in your forum signature and also post what you have tried so far.
    My knowlege in AMD CPUs is theoretical basically, I have not used one since the early 90s os last century :)
    What are the memory multiplier options? Do you have 9.33 or is 8.00 multiplier is the highest?

EDIT: There is no mention in the manual for 2 long beep code, there is 1 long 1 short for memory error , and 2 short for CMOS settings error.
    Hello again Chike, as you may have read in the post (above), I am now having problems with a different set of RAM (16 GB Crucial Ballistix 1866MHz), I ran with the 1600MHz (Corsair Vengeance) that you helped me with, but it was always my intention to add faster RAM in my main system, then to install the older parts in a new (backup) system that I am putting together! You will have to forgive me as I am still new at this game, as for adding my system specs in my forum signature??? could you please explain how, to a dork like me? I do have the option in BIOS of setting 9.33 (and higher), but whatever I have tried just fails, the baseline specs for the Crucial RAM are 9-9-9-27 1.5V

What is it that you have tried?
    Please attach CPU-Z text report for the new RAM.

What is it that you have tried?
    Please attach CPU-Z text report for the new RAM.
    Attachment 4604
    I have set memory clock to 9.33, which give me 1866MHz
    DDR3 timings to MANUAL
    1T/2T command timing to 2T
    CAS# latency to 9
    RAS to CAS to 9
    ROW percentage time to 9
    Min RAS active time to 27
    DRAM voltage control Started at 1.5V (gradually incremented up in 0.01 steps), until I reach 1.59 (did not want to push it any further)
    did not touch any other settings as not sure what to alter!

I have looked at my profile (trying to find out how to add a signature file, could not find any help on that)
    My system is as follows:-
    AMD FX 8150 3.6 GHz CPU
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 (Rev. 1.2) MOBO
    16 GB Crucial Ballistix 1866 MHz RAM
    CoolerMaster 850 WATT Silent Pro PSU
    Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooler
    2x Gigabyte GTX 560 GPU's setup in an SLI configuration
    Creative Labs Xi-Fi Platinum Pro sound card
    1x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA HDD
    3X Western Digital Caviar 2TB SATA HDD
    1x Samsung SATA DVD ReWriter
    1x LG SATA Blu-Ray Writer
    all in a ThermalTake Level 10 GT

Please jus attach the file, not inline and leave the attachment checked or it is deleted from the server.

Please jus attach the file, not inline and leave the attachment checked or it is deleted from the server.
    Sorry about that (told you I was new to this)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Memory spec is 1.5v so no need to increase it, set in manually in the range 1.48-1.52, not more.
    Timings as you did 9-9-9-27, multiplier 9.33 and CPU NB VID Controlro 1.25v, not sure how you set it, if it's offset or fixed value but the final result sould be 1.25v. If it works you can try to lower it, if not try up to 1.35v.

Maybe you'd rather try DDR-1600 with 8-8-8-24 timings first and then go up to DDR-1866 9-9-9-27.

Memory spec is 1.5v so no need to increase it, set in manually in the range 1.48-1.52, not more.
    Timings as you did 9-9-9-27, multiplier 9.33 and CPU NB VID Controlro 1.25v, not sure how you set it, if it's offset or fixed value but the final result sould be 1.25v. If it works you can try to lower it, if not try up to 1.35v.

Maybe you'd rather try DDR-1600 with 8-8-8-24 timings first and then go up to DDR-1866 9-9-9-27.
    Glad to report partial success, now running at 1600MHz, with everything set back to normal with the exception of E.O.C.P. (now set at 1600MHz) and DDR timings set to 8.00 and 8-8-8-24.
    It would not recognize settings above that I.E. 1866MHz.
    Do you know of a program or software, that will allow me to print out the contents and settings of the BIOS, for future reference?
    Have included new CPU report
    Attached Files Attached Files

Have you tried the CPU NB VID Control all the way up yo 1.35v?

Try AMD OverDrive, if it does not print you can take a screen capture of it and print it or just save the image..

Have you tried the CPU NB VID Control all the way up yo 1.35v?

Try AMD OverDrive, if it does not print you can take a screen capture of it and print it or just save the image..
    I've tried adjusting CPU NB VID Control, in 0.01 increments from normal to 1.35, with no effect!

AMD Overdrive does not let you see the BIOS, its just a software way of overclocking? whatever happened to the days when you could connect a printer to LTP1 and just hit "Print Screen"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information