Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-990FXA-UD3 v1.0 Bios?

Default GA-990FXA-UD3 v1.0 Bios?

Is there any beta bios past F6f that will address the memory compatibility and running 1866MHz ram in all 4 slots with FX CPU's?
    My system refuses to run anything over 1600MHz with my FX-8120 when all four slots are populated.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: GA-990FXA-UD3 v1.0 Bios?

And with 2 slot popuated it does?
    What have you tried to convince it to run 1866 with 4 slots populated?

If I put DIMM's in slot 1 and 3, 2 and 4 or just single DIMM's in any slot I'm able to run the rated speed of the RAM which is 9-11-9-27 @ 1.65v. Once I manually configure speed + voltage with 2 DIMM's, shut down PC and install other 2 DIMM's sytem will not boot even though it just worked with 2 DIMM's. The memory I'm using is Patriot Xtreme Series 4 x 4Gb 1866MHz PXD38G1866ELK.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Then it may not be a BIOS issue. I don't know about the FX CPUs but phenom usually need more CPU NB VID conrol.
    Try increasing it a bit. Upper limit for pheno,/athlon CPUs was 1.35v, don't know is it for FX CPUs.

So I tried your suggestion and I also tried a different set of RAM and nothing worked. The other RAM was ADATA brand and it also won't post at 1866MHz speeds with all slots populated.
    FX-8120 4.63GHz @ 1.4v
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 v1.0
    Patriot Xtreme Series 16Gb 1866MHz
    XFX HD 6950 2Gb
    ADATA S510 120Gb SSD
    Seagate Barracuda 1Tb 7200RPM HDD
    Corsair H80
    Corsair TX750M
    Samsung SH-B123L Blu-Ray
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K62

OK so after some trial and error and putting the RAM in my other PC which is a 970A-UD3 Bios version F5h with a Phenom II 960t unlocked I finally got it to work. I used Profile 1 under E.O.C.P. like I did with the 990FX. This gave me timings that were some what different then the 990FX gave me. After the 970 system booted with no issues I then installed them in my 990FXA-UD3, used the new timings from the 970 setup and it works.

Even though I got it to work I still would like a new bios version.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by cmac68; 03-29-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    FX-8120 4.63GHz @ 1.4v
    XFX HD 6950 2Gb
    ADATA S510 120Gb SSD
    Corsair H80
    Corsair TX750M
    Samsung SH-B123L Blu-Ray
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K62

Quote Originally Posted by cmac68 View Post
    OK so after some trial and error and putting the RAM in my other PC which is a 970A-UD3 Bios version F5h with a Phenom II 960t unlocked I finally got it to work. I used Profile 1 under E.O.C.P. like I did with the 990FX. This gave me timings that were some what different then the 990FX gave me. After the 970 system booted with no issues I then installed them in my 990FXA-UD3, used the new timings from the 970 setup and it works.

Even though I got it to work I still would like a new bios version.

Thanks for the help.
    Hi, I noticed you asked a similar question as I did about a week ago, but did not post your results? I too am running an AMD FX 8150 CPU, on a GA-990 FXA-UD3 (Rev 1.2), only with 16 GB Crcial Ballitix 1866 MHz RAM. Could I be cheeky and ask what settings you finely used, to see if I could get my system to work right.

A little over a week ago I posted the same question to GIGABYTE, about BIOS settings, only to be told by them that it was not a BIOS issue????
    They did however provide a link to an updated BIOS (Version 99FX312.FCi), which although I don't have the link anymore I can provide you with a copy of said BIOS, if you wish? If you need more info please let me know.

Thanks Pete C B

Instead of just raising the Ram to 1866 I actually had to raise the fsb to 233. The memory was then set to x8.00 @ 1864MHz with stock timings and voltage.

I should also note that I'm running a 4.68GHz overclock with 2330MHz on the NB. The HT was left as close to 2600MHz as possible.

Have you tried using E.O.C.P. Profile 1 with your ram?
    FX-8120 4.63GHz @ 1.4v
    XFX HD 6950 2Gb
    ADATA S510 120Gb SSD
    Corsair H80
    Corsair TX750M
    Samsung SH-B123L Blu-Ray
    Lian Li Lancool PC-K62

Quote Originally Posted by cmac68 View Post
    Instead of just raising the Ram to 1866 I actually had to raise the fsb to 233. The memory was then set to x8.00 @ 1864MHz with stock timings and voltage.

I should also note that I'm running a 4.68GHz overclock with 2330MHz on the NB. The HT was left as close to 2600MHz as possible.

Have you tried using E.O.C.P. Profile 1 with your ram?
    I'll give that a try and let you know the outcome! I was communicating with a guy named Chike, to sort out my system earlier he sorted out the problem (when I was running Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz RAM), but now I've moved on to 1866 MHz Crucial Ballistix, I did not dare to ask him for more help? As I said to him at the time I was not looking to overclock but just to get the system to recognize the correct settings for the RAM, the reason for moving on is I am putting together another system, and just want to get it right, I'm no expert when it comes to tweaking the BIOS and need as much help as I can get! You see at the moment when I power on the system, it only recognizes the RAM as 1333 MHz and if I tweak the settings to what I think is right then save and exit BIOS, then reboot all I get from my system is 2 long beeps from BIOS and the following message appears:-

The system has experienced boot failures because of overclocking,
    The last settings in BIOS setup may not coincide with current H/W states,
    current CPU speed: 18.0 x 200 MHz,
    current memory speed: 1333 MHz,
    current HT speed: 2600 MHz,
    press DEL key to enter the BIOS setup
    or press any rest of keys to continue.

Then everything reverts back to previous settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Fredbare View Post
    I'll give that a try and let you know the outcome! I was communicating with a guy named Chike, to sort out my system earlier he sorted out the problem (when I was running Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz RAM), but now I've moved on to 1866 MHz Crucial Ballistix, I did not dare to ask him for more help? As I said to him at the time I was not looking to overclock but just to get the system to recognize the correct settings for the RAM, the reason for moving on is I am putting together another system, and just want to get it right, I'm no expert when it comes to tweaking the BIOS and need as much help as I can get! You see at the moment when I power on the system, it only recognizes the RAM as 1333 MHz and if I tweak the settings to what I think is right then save and exit BIOS, then reboot all I get from my system is 2 long beeps from BIOS and the following message appears:-

The system has experienced boot failures because of overclocking,
    The last settings in BIOS setup may not coincide with current H/W states,
    current CPU speed: 18.0 x 200 MHz,
    current memory speed: 1333 MHz,
    current HT speed: 2600 MHz,
    press DEL key to enter the BIOS setup
    or press any rest of keys to continue.

Then everything reverts back to previous settings?
    Well I tried the "profile 1" option (with no effect), and I tried upping the NB a couple of notches (that had no effect either), had to reset the BIOS after that one (incidently, do you know of a program that will read the BIOS from inside Windows, and allow you to print the contents?), so I'm still limited to 1333 MHz, anymore suggestions?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information