Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updated bios and now have problems. Please read!

Default Updated bios and now have problems. Please read!

Ok, i updated my bios from f5b to f7. updated no problems. I took pictures of all my old settings so i could convert them over to the f7 bios. Immediately i notice that the cpu voltage in the bios is off from what it should be reading. I attempt to load windows...BSOD. Im guessing that between f5b and f7 that some settings were changed that make my settings obsolete. After messing with f7 bios...i can get into windows at 4.5ghz but cant get it stable. I decide to write off the f7 for now and go back to the f5b. I flash f5b, apply my old settings that i used for f5b and now my voltages are reading what they were in f7! i attempted to load windows...BSOD. Now im ready to throw this thing in the street. I re-apply f5b again and the samething all over....my old settings are not working like they have. Im really scratching my head here. Ive decided to load f7 back and try to figure out what i need to get my cpu back to the correct voltages, but i dont understand why going back to the old bios produced completely different results? Thanks

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Updated bios and now have problems. Please read!

Did you flash the backup BIOS to match, either time? If not, you should, using F5b or F7

Old settings do not always work with new BIOSes, but sounds like you understand that now, so I'd say keep trying the newest BIOS until you get stable as it's probably the better BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Did you flash the backup BIOS to match, either time? If not, you should, using F5b or F7

Old settings do not always work with new BIOSes, but sounds like you understand that now, so I'd say keep trying the newest BIOS until you get stable as it's probably the better BIOS
    i did not flash the backup bios. i was going to but once i started having issues i didnt want to. I think ill keep f7 and just play with it when i get time. Ill go ahead and flash the backup also. thanks

Chike is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMcD View Post
    Immediately i notice that the cpu voltage in the bios is off from what it should be reading.
    What exactly do you mean by this? If it means default voltage is different I bellive a godd ol' CMOS clear is due.
    When you flash did you uncheck the KeepDMI data?

Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite

If this is a P67 or Z68 motherboad they have had their fair set of issues if both bios's do not match. Also just make sure you that load optimized defaults before and after flashing also make sure to clear dmi pool data.

If you could please update your sig so others can tell what hardware you are working with.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    What exactly do you mean by this? If it means default voltage is different I bellive a godd ol' CMOS clear is due.
    When you flash did you uncheck the KeepDMI data?
    I mean when I had f5b, with my of settings loaded my voltage for the CPU was 1.30. With f7 and f5b replaced, my voltage was 1.27. I did not clear the dmi data when i flashed f7 but did when i reflashed f5b. Sorry for the confusion.

Chike is offline Senior Member

I mean when I had f5b, with my of settings loaded my voltage for the CPU was 1.30. With f7 and f5b replaced, my voltage was 1.27. I did not clear the dmi data when i flashed f7 but did when i reflashed f5b. Sorry for the confusion.
    Try clearing CMOS, battery out and CLR-CMOS pins shorted for 30 minutes.
    Before you do turn the PSU off and then discharge the capacitors by pressing the power button once.
    After clearing CMOS load oprimized default and see if this problem solved.

Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite

This is why LSD says settings that work in older bios may not work in newer bios as things are changed in the bios so to get the system stable again you will have to change setting around and test for stability. Newer bios's sometimes will take more voltage to gain stability or may take less volts for stability.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Quote Originally Posted by Acebmxer View Post
    This is why LSD says settings that work in older bios may not work in newer bios as things are changed in the bios so to get the system stable again you will have to change setting around and test for stability. Newer bios's sometimes will take more voltage to gain stability or may take less volts for stability.
    I agree with the new BIOS, but it doesn't make sense that they no longer worked when i went back to f5b. I'm going to reflash everything and do a clear cmos. I'll report back.
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5ghz (1.29v)
    Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3
    G Skill Ripjaw X 1600 8gb 8-8-8-24
    Corsair HX-850w
    EVGA 580 GTX
    Corsair A70 CPU Cooler

Quote Originally Posted by YaganaWcott View Post
    you could please update your sig so others can tell what hardware you are working with

To me my Sig is showing. Is it not showing to others?
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced
    Intel 2500k @ 4.5ghz (1.29v)
    Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3
    G Skill Ripjaw X 1600 8gb 8-8-8-24
    Corsair HX-850w
    EVGA 580 GTX
    Corsair A70 CPU Cooler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information