Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 133 of 472 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 4719

Thread: GIGABYTE Modified Bios




  1. #1321
    virtualfred's Avatar
    virtualfred is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    634

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJuan999 View Post
    You should have used the rtegrom.lom (NOT the .nic file, they are NOT the same) listed as PXE ROM code here:
    Realtek
    And Use CBROM 1.15 for this BIOS, it doesn't corrupt the BIOS like v1.98 often does.
    Instructive and clear, thanks !

  2. #1322
    Koniakki's Avatar
    Koniakki is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    In my Mind...
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Hey guys, just got a new GB Z77 UD5H rev 1.1.

    If its not too much trouble can someone recommend/advice which bios its better from experience? Especially interested in stability/overclocking. (aren't we all? )

    I know its subjective to each one but I will get some info from each experience.

    The F15r-mod5 or F16c-mod3?

    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Koniakki; 06-30-2013 at 05:13 PM.

  3. #1323
    virtualfred's Avatar
    virtualfred is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    634

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by Koniakki View Post
    Hey guys, just got a new GB Z77 UD5H rev 1.1.

    If its not too much trouble can someone recommend/advice which bios its better from experience? Especially interested in stability/overclocking. (aren't we all? )

    I know its subjective to each one but I will get some info from each experience.

    The F15r-mod5 or F16c-mod3?

    Thanks in advance.
    F16c mod3 is great

  4. #1324
    Ghostearth is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Hi,

    It is possible to have the F12U Bios modded of the GA-X79-UD3, with the latest Gbe and all last Rom integrated.

    Thanks.

    Ghostearth.

    PS: It's better to use @Bios or Q-flash ?

  5. #1325
    sardelkin's Avatar
    sardelkin is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    сраная рашка
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostearth View Post
    Hi,
    It is possible to have the F12U Bios modded of the GA-X79-UD3, with the latest Gbe and all last Rom integrated.
    JZ Board

  6. #1326
    Ghostearth is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Thanks you

    Ghostearth.

  7. #1327
    Koniakki's Avatar
    Koniakki is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    In my Mind...
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by virtualfred View Post
    F16c mod3 is great
    After a very traumatic experience with dozens and dozens of boot loops, I manage to boot into bios. I booted with the optimized defaults and I flashed the F16c-mod3 bios.
    I restarted and all fine. I then power off the pc and voila! Boot loops are still here. It came back to bios after 4-6 reboots.

    Will try F15r-mod5 but I doubt it's the bios. If must be a defective board. If someone has any experience with the very very persistent boots loops on the Z77-UD5H rev 1.1 please share your experience.

    I would really prefer to avoid RMAing it if it can be fixed somehow.

    Thanks guys. And I apologize for my damn bad luck.

    P.S: As I mentioned this is a rev 1,1 board and it came with the F13 Bios.
    Last edited by Koniakki; 07-01-2013 at 12:24 PM.

  8. #1328
    ericgl's Avatar
    ericgl is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    ME
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Koniakki,
    I'm running F16c mod3 by Stasio, and it's running great.
    I'm using the Intel GPU for graphics (haven't used external GPU).
    Check my sig for details.

    I suspect either your board, CPU or RAM is malfunctioning.
    GA-Z77X-UD5H rev. 1.0
    BIOS F16c mod with UBU 1.37
    Intel MEI FW v8.1.65.1586 + MEI driver v11.0.0.1166

    2x 4GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 @ 1632MHz, 9-9-9-24-1T, 1.65V, Dual channel +

    2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 @ 1632MHz, 9-9-9-24-1T, 1.65V, Dual channel (24GB total)

    i5-3570K @ 4.5GHz @ 4 Cores (BCLK 102.26MHz, x44 multiplier) - air cooled.
    Max Intel XTU Score: 780
    Intel 520 120GB SSD - Win7 Pro SP1 x64 en-US
    Antec VP450P 450W PSU (4+4 power for CPU)
    1x LG IPS236 23" LCD monitors (DVI) running at 1920x1080.
    1x Dell U2713H 27" LCD monitor (miniDP) running at 2560x1440.

  9. #1329
    Bongkie is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    160

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by Koniakki View Post
    After a very traumatic experience with dozens and dozens of boot loops, I manage to boot into bios. I booted with the optimized defaults and I flashed the F16c-mod3 bios.
    I restarted and all fine. I then power off the pc and voila! Boot loops are still here. It came back to bios after 4-6 reboots.

    Will try F15r-mod5 but I doubt it's the bios. If must be a defective board. If someone has any experience with the very very persistent boots loops on the Z77-UD5H rev 1.1 please share your experience.

    I would really prefer to avoid RMAing it if it can be fixed somehow.

    Thanks guys. And I apologize for my damn bad luck.

    P.S: As I mentioned this is a rev 1,1 board and it came with the F13 Bios.

    After Flashing your Bios always clear your cmos for 10 minutes. Battery out and jumper to 2&3 or if have a push button push it for ten minutes

  10. #1330
    Koniakki's Avatar
    Koniakki is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    In my Mind...
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by ericgl View Post
    Koniakki,
    I'm running F16c mod3 by Stasio, and it's running great.
    I'm using the Intel GPU for graphics (haven't used external GPU).
    Check my sig for details.

    I suspect either your board, CPU or RAM is malfunctioning.
    Yeah, I know its not the bios from stasio. I was having even more problem with the boot loops with the stock firmware that came with the board.

    Now I dont know if I will have the same results with the stock F16 but I just used the F16c-mod3 from stasio and actually helped VERY much with the boot loops. I can enter the bios after 4-6 loops.

    Something is defective. Using internal GPU also btw. I tried all RAM slots with both sticks of my 16GB Kingston Predator and I get the boot loops every time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bongkie View Post
    After Flashing your Bios always clear your cmos for 10 minutes. Battery out and jumper to 2&3 or if have a push button push it for ten minutes
    Hmm I will try that too. But really keep my finger pressed for 10 minutes? No offense but it seems a bit excessive. Also the Z77-UD5H afaik have 3 buttons on the Mobo. Clear CMOS, Reset CMOS and the big Power button. Which one I have to keep pressed?
    Last edited by Koniakki; 07-01-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 77 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 77 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •