Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 14 of 472 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 4715

Thread: GIGABYTE Modified Bios




  1. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Can you mod the Intel AHCI Rom version 120e0027_03232010 to work with GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1.0)?. I don't use use RAID and I would like the update the AHCI Rom. I'll mod the bios myself, I just need a working AHCI Rom. Thanks
    Case: Antec Three Hundred Two
    MB: GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1.0) F8B (Realtek LAN ROM v2.56, Intel(R) RAID ROM v12.7.0.1936, JMicron 1.07.28, Marvell 88SE9128 Bios v1.0.0.1033/FW 2.2.0.1125)

    PC: Intel Core i7-920 D0 | 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator @1600 (8-8-8-24) | Samsung 830 256GB SSD + 2x1TB HDD's | NVIDIA GTX 660 | Samsung T260 26"
    OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 | Windows 8 Pro x64
    | Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4 | Ubuntu 13.04
    Gigabyte apparently stopped releasing BIOS updates for X58 series

  2. #132
    Acebmxer's Avatar
    Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    2,817

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by cristi18r View Post
    Can you mod the Intel AHCI Rom version 120e0027_03232010 to work with GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1.0)?. I don't use use RAID and I would like the update the AHCI Rom. I'll mod the bios myself, I just need a working AHCI Rom. Thanks
    That newer ahci rom is for P67/Z68. I believe LSD said it has to be edited or extracted a different way to be used in other chip sets. Maybe LSD or another Modder can comment.

    Edit -
    Quote Originally Posted by cdmen1 View Post
    can someone add Intel AHCI ROM >> 1.20_E.0027 03/23/2010 to this bios.

    Model: GA-ep45-ds3p
    Bios Type: AWARD
    Bios Revision: f9d
    Bios link: http://www.station-drivers.com/telec...ivers.com).zip


    I tried to mod but AHCI is above the Minit no success.
    help??
    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    That AHCI ROM only works for "Some" P67, until someone hex edits it for other chipsets.

    So, the minit file is not the issue, just letting you know so you don't think that's the reason.
    Last edited by Acebmxer; 04-28-2012 at 12:32 AM.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator





  3. #133
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Thanks Acebmxer.

    Lsdmeasap, do you know how to edit the new ahci for my board?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    That AHCI ROM only works for "Some" P67, until someone hex edits it for other chipsets.

    So, the minit file is not the issue, just letting you know so you don't think that's the reason.
    Case: Antec Three Hundred Two
    MB: GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1.0) F8B (Realtek LAN ROM v2.56, Intel(R) RAID ROM v12.7.0.1936, JMicron 1.07.28, Marvell 88SE9128 Bios v1.0.0.1033/FW 2.2.0.1125)

    PC: Intel Core i7-920 D0 | 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator @1600 (8-8-8-24) | Samsung 830 256GB SSD + 2x1TB HDD's | NVIDIA GTX 660 | Samsung T260 26"
    OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 | Windows 8 Pro x64
    | Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4 | Ubuntu 13.04
    Gigabyte apparently stopped releasing BIOS updates for X58 series

  4. #134
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    ATTN ALL!! ~ DO NOT insert Intel 11.5 ROM into X79 BIOS!!!

    I just spent 2 hours in shorting recovery mode, finally saved my board though!! This modification causes a non-boot instance, the board just sits there and runs, no beep errors and nothing on screen.

    Recovery via 6+7 short this time!! Took me many tries too because the board kept freezing at the 3D BIOS load screen, then rebooting back to the failed BIOS. So anyway, after several scary attempts (Just shorted a board trace out a few weeks ago via 4+8 accidentally Vcc+Ground=Magic Smoke) I finally got it! I tried 4+7 and 6+7, both took me to the same place immediately as expected, but due being unable to enter the BIOS or load Qflash on account of the 3D screen freeze I wasn't able to recovery manually myself as intended, but luckily I finally got it into recovery mode and it eventually recovered itself.

    So anyway, everyone please DO NOT attempt to insert legacy 11.5 or older ROMs into X79 BIOS, or Z77 as well most likely! I assumed since there was legacy boot ROM options this would be possible, it IS NOT, at least not in the way that we normally do it!
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-28-2012 at 05:05 PM.

  5. #135
    Acebmxer's Avatar
    Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    2,817

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    I thought I read somewhere I dont know the exactly link but I think it was over at XS someone said they were able to use the 11.5 IRST over the Enterprise 3.x. Now that I type this out I think they maybe referring to the drivers not the raid rom.

    Sorry to hear about almost bricking your board. Good thing you were able to save it.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator





  6. #136
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by Acebmxer View Post
    I thought I read somewhere I dont know the exactly link but I think it was over at XS someone said they were able to use the 11.5 IRST over the Enterprise 3.x. Now that I type this out I think they maybe referring to the drivers not the raid rom.

    Sorry to hear about almost bricking your board. Good thing you were able to save it.
    Thanks for caring! Haha - as long as I don't short ground to power I'm normally OK to recover, this one had me getting mad though cause of the freeze at 3D screen!

    Ya, it's just the drivers, and you need to use a certain package of them (linked below), or modified version that you need to force install and you don't get the GUI that way

    These will install normally, and let you have the GUI too, non-modified
    Intel RST 11.5.0.1109 Alpha.zip

  7. #137
    NoJuan999 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    214

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by cristi18r View Post
    Thanks Acebmxer.

    Lsdmeasap, do you know how to edit the new ahci for my board?
    You need to edit it in a Hex editor and subsitute your Chipset Device ID in for the one that is in the Original.
    Personally I used that 0027 AHCI ROM on my GA-P55A-UD4P F14 BIOS without editing and it worked but I didn't see any real benefit.

    I don't think it's worth the effort but to each his own. :)
    I am in NO way affiliated with Gigabyte.
    If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    I wanted to try it on my board as someone said boot speed is better. Wished Intel would update the AHCI ROM as the RAID ROM, not everyone is using RAID. It doesn't work on my board without editing and I don't know how to hex edit it.

    Quote Originally Posted by manusfreedom View Post
    Intel AHCI 1.20e.0027_03232010
    It's the lastest I have, I don't know if the one in the original bios is more recent or not (no detailed version in it). But for me, this one works better, boot speed is better.
    Last edited by cristi18r; 04-29-2012 at 11:47 AM.
    Case: Antec Three Hundred Two
    MB: GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1.0) F8B (Realtek LAN ROM v2.56, Intel(R) RAID ROM v12.7.0.1936, JMicron 1.07.28, Marvell 88SE9128 Bios v1.0.0.1033/FW 2.2.0.1125)

    PC: Intel Core i7-920 D0 | 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator @1600 (8-8-8-24) | Samsung 830 256GB SSD + 2x1TB HDD's | NVIDIA GTX 660 | Samsung T260 26"
    OS: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 | Windows 8 Pro x64
    | Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4 | Ubuntu 13.04
    Gigabyte apparently stopped releasing BIOS updates for X58 series

  9. #139
    boe323 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    476

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Can someone fix the mouse support in the bios for f11b modded bios for g1 assassin2 motherboard, also ps2 port is playing up, it thinks i have a mouse and a keyboard attached but not working, if i plugin a keyboard it works, but still says that i have a mouse plugged in but not working and vise versa, ive also noticed that on all bios f7 and above, if you go into power management and flip through the power phases even if you dont change a thing, it will knock out the turbo even if its set to enabled not auto, also if you move the pwm phase control slider, the box that its in starts to dissapear, it happens on all the bios f7 and above, when turbo does get disabled because of going into the power phases, your turbo options wont change, they will still show what ever you set them at, but after the reboot you will see your turbo running at stock 3.6ghz, turbo is still enabled according to the bios, boot into windows and you will see that windows is reporting an overclock of 5.9 ghz, you cant get it, cant get above 3.6ghz, and cpuz will report a 3820 cpu as a sandybridge -ep instead of e, totally messed up, the product shouldnt be for sale, its unfinished and unfit for sale.

  10. #140
    Acebmxer's Avatar
    Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    2,817

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by boe323 View Post
    Can someone fix the mouse support in the bios for f11b modded bios for g1 assassin2 motherboard, also ps2 port is playing up, it thinks i have a mouse and a keyboard attached but not working, if i plugin a keyboard it works, but still says that i have a mouse plugged in but not working and vise versa, ive also noticed that on all bios f7 and above, if you go into power management and flip through the power phases even if you dont change a thing, it will knock out the turbo even if its set to enabled not auto, also if you move the pwm phase control slider, the box that its in starts to dissapear, it happens on all the bios f7 and above, when turbo does get disabled because of going into the power phases, your turbo options wont change, they will still show what ever you set them at, but after the reboot you will see your turbo running at stock 3.6ghz, turbo is still enabled according to the bios, boot into windows and you will see that windows is reporting an overclock of 5.9 ghz, you cant get it, cant get above 3.6ghz, and cpuz will report a 3820 cpu as a sandybridge -ep instead of e, totally messed up, the product shouldnt be for sale, its unfinished and unfit for sale.
    That type of bios mod would have to be done by gigabyte, we can add in updated option roms. If I were you I would contact Gigabyte directly and report your problems so they can address it in the next bios release.

    As for CPU-z not showing the correct processor info, that could be because of a bios issue or CPU-z issue. Make sure you are using the latest version of CPU-z.

    Here is were you can contact Gigabyte GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - Technical Support
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator





Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 46 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 43 guests)

  1. marcgarcia322,
  2. Voldemaar

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •