Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 147 of 473 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 4722

Thread: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

GA-X58A-UD5 Rev2 Ff3 modified with :
    Intel RAID ROM 12.7.0.1936
    Realtek LAN ROM 2.56
    Jmicron RAID ROM 1.07.28
    Marvell Bios Version 1.0.0.1033 / Firmware 2.2.0.1125
    Many thanks for updating the BIOS!

Quote Originally Posted by virtualfred View Post
    Theses ROM drivers are not from Windows Update, only on specials forums for tweakers...

Use Q-flash to update your BIOS, settings will be erased so save them before, more info here.
    Let me rephrase my question, after flashing the bios. Where do I get the updated drivers for these for windows? I take it the files from the Gigabyte site are not correct right?

http://www.win-raid.com/t11f23-Modde...D-Drivers.html
    Last edited by dinglebutter; 07-25-2013 at 09:43 PM.

virtualfred is offline Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dinglebutter View Post
    Let me rephrase my question, after flashing the bios. Where do I get the updated drivers for these for windows? I take it the files from the Gigabyte site are not correct right?
    Gigabyte's drivers are old. You'll find lastest on Tweaktown or Station-Drivers.

Ma Config.com will help in scanning and offering you the latest drivers.

For your Ga-X58A-UD5, i think you need the following drivers :
    Intel Chipset 9.4.0.1017 or 9.4.3.1007 beta
    Intel Rapid Storage 12.7.0.1036 or 12.8.0.1008 beta
    Realtek LAN 7.072 (Win7) or 8.016 (Win8)
    Realtek HD Audio 6.0.1.6971
    Marvell AHCI/RAID 1.2.0.1035
    JMicron eSATA 1.17.65.11
    NEC/Renesas USB3 3.0.3.4
    and AMD or Nvidia drivers according to your graphics card of course.

Gigabyte's drivers are old. You'll find lastest on Tweaktown or Station-Drivers.

Ma Config.com will help in scanning and offering you the latest drivers.

For your Ga-X58A-UD5, i think you need the following drivers :
    Intel Chipset 9.4.0.1017 or 9.4.3.1007 beta
    Intel Rapid Storage 12.7.0.1036 or 12.8.0.1008 beta
    Realtek LAN 7.072 (Win7) or 8.016 (Win8)
    Realtek HD Audio 6.0.1.6971
    Marvell AHCI/RAID 1.2.0.1035
    JMicron eSATA 1.17.65.11
    NEC/Renesas USB3 3.0.3.4
    and AMD or Nvidia drivers according to your graphics card of course.

I really wanted to say thanks a lot I was not sure which ones to install since I never di da modded bios before. Only downside is I lost my saved Bios settings.

I went to Intel AHCI/RAID Drivers Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers and downloaded the Modified driver
    • >64bit Intel RSTe AHCI & RAID drivers v12.7.0.1036 mod by Fernando< (>MIRROR<)
      (maybe suitable with all Intel AHCI/RAID systems from ICH7R/M up, suitable with X79, have to be installed manually from within the Device Manager, only usable with Win7 x64 and - after having disabled the driver signature verification - Win8 x64)
    • Due to the new structure of the original package I am not able to offer a modded version of the complete Intel RST(e) Driver & Software Set v12.7.0.1036.
      This should be good to install from a windows boot though right?

My father has an old GA-EP45-UD3 (with an ICH10 southbridge and not an ICH10R) and BIOS F10c, he use RAID1 on Jmicron chip, so of course i wanna mod it ...
    As usual i push Realtek LAN 2.56 and Jmicron RAID 1.07.28, but CBROM 115 added the new Jmicron ROM instead of replacing the old one :
    GIGABYTE Modified Bios-2xjmb-jpg
    Can i erase the old one or Jmicron replacement needs a particular processing ?

Thanks.

As usual i push Realtek LAN 2.56 and Jmicron RAID 1.07.28, but CBROM 115 added the new Jmicron ROM instead of replacing the old one :
    Can i erase the old one or Jmicron replacement needs a particular processing ?
    It works normaly with Jmicron ROM 1.07.25

DuckDaffy is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dinglebutter View Post
    I really wanted to say thanks a lot I was not sure which ones to install since I never di da modded bios before. Only downside is I lost my saved Bios settings.

I went to Intel AHCI/RAID Drivers Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers and downloaded the Modified driver
    • >64bit Intel RSTe AHCI & RAID drivers v12.7.0.1036 mod by Fernando< (>MIRROR<)
      (maybe suitable with all Intel AHCI/RAID systems from ICH7R/M up, suitable with X79, have to be installed manually from within the Device Manager, only usable with Win7 x64 and - after having disabled the driver signature verification - Win8 x64)
    • Due to the new structure of the original package I am not able to offer a modded version of the complete Intel RST(e) Driver & Software Set v12.7.0.1036.
      This should be good to install from a windows boot though right?
    Intel RST v12.7.0.1036 - I have had bad experiences with this version, see my post before about freezing and BSOD.
    Or here: https://communities.intel.com/message/200644

One question from me:
    somewhere I read that when I not use SATA RAID mode but only AHCI mode (for ex. Intel X79 or Marvell 88SE9172 chip) than I not need updated OROM in BIOS, because is not used in AHCI mode.
    In this situation I not understand why someone request modded BIOS with updated Intel RST OROM, but use AHCI mode, hm?
    Or is it more complicated? UEFI?
    Some explanatory picture available?
    Please help me to understand this, thx! =)

@DuckDaffy: older Intel chipsets such as P45 used separate motherboard bios firmware ROMs for AHCI vs. Raid.
    At some point in Intel's chipset series (anyone know exactly when?), the 2 supporting bios ROMs were combined into a single ROM firmware that can support either/both AHCI & Raid, depending on which one is selected during bios setup. However, the driver software package "Intel R.S.T." can be appropriately used by the operating system for whichever bios setting mode: AHCI or Raid.
    My Z77 system has the Intel R.S.T. software and driver installed, even though in AHCI mode.
    Last edited by vailr; 07-26-2013 at 02:46 AM.

@valir: Thx for reply!
    I understand, that Intel RST driver is good for AHCI and for RAID mode too.
    When Intel RST driver is not installed and AHCI mode selected in BIOS then can be used MS AHCI generic driver in Windows (Vista+ as I know).
    But I still not understand: RAID BIOS OROM is started on BOOT when is selected RAID mode in BIOS, then I can select HDD and select RAID 0/1/... This is ok, here is good to update RAID BIOS OROM module in MB BIOS.
    But when I use AHCI mode only, is RAID BIOS OROM started/used? Or is exist another AHCI BIOS OROM module, which is started, but cannot be configured and cannot be seen on BOOT?
    In my opinion is ok to remove RAID BIOS OROM for more space, AHCI mode still must work. Right?

Thread Information