Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 161 of 472 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 4714

Thread: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

^It's OK.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

virtualfred is offline Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ennss View Post
    Thanks for this great update. My PC won't wake from sleep successfully though. Seems to partially wake up - discs spin up but video/keyboard/mouse don't wake up - F19J works fine. All drivers up to date. Anyone have any hints? Thanks!
    I think all problems do not come from the bios, i tried it with Z77X-UD3H F20a mod2, Win 8 64bits on legacy, no issue while wake up from sleep.
    Just one strange thing with F20a : with Microsoft Reclusa (I always had USB speed or power problems with its USB hub) and Logitech G5 plugged on the USB into the bottom side of RJ45, boot's BIP is longer... but everything works fine (short BIP) when plugged into the top of PS2.

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

New Z87 system Intel« MicroCode 06C3 Rev.12...... (02.July 2013).....Haswell.
    Last edited by stasio; 08-02-2013 at 05:07 PM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybehr View Post
    This is usually a "Trusted installer service" issue.
    The following might work.
    Please run it in ADMIN mode (or better...with the Administrator account) or with administrative privilege... with UAC disabled....NOT in safe mode ..the "Trusted Installer service" NEVER start in the "safe mode" even if you are in ADMIN mode.

1. On the "Start" menu, click "Run:"

2. In the "Open" box, type "msiexec /unreg", (without quote) and then press ENTER.

3. On the "Start" menu, click "Run".

4. In the "Open" box, type "msiexec /regserver", (without quote) and then press ENTER.

Then proceed on what you were trying to install or uninstall or redo what you were trying to do (sometimes something is installing without your knowledge e.g. .NET framework)

Good luck
    Hello, thank you for your help but yesterday i reinstall a new window 7 allready.. Then i cannot try your solution.

Now i have all last driver installer and i see no issu.

Maybe i know what been the problem.. Before having the issu, i installed the new intel INF whit "-overall" flag for force the installation. And maybe THIS, make my RST bug..? Who know. Important is now, everything work fine!

Amurtigress is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by vailr View Post
    @Amurtigress: might want to double-check your Intel MEI driver versions.
    Reference: www.station-drivers.com • Afficher le sujet - Driver: Intel Management Engine 9.5.10.1652 WHQL
    Thanks for the heads-up, it's updated now. I am not a fan of running after every latest and 'greatest' version, however. I usually don't see an actual benefit...ex. for RAID ROM/driver updates. The only problem off the top of my head that I remember on my board series was missing TRIM support for SSDs in RAID 0. ^.^

GBe Firmware Update for Gigabyte X79 mainboards (Potentially most others)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, here we go. My Howto. Please forgive me that it might not be as thoroughly written up and all but it'll do the job.

I found on monday that for some reason my IP adress in my LAN wasn't right, and it took me a while until I noticed that my MAC adress has been overwritten somehow, and set to 88-88-88-88-87-88. Which had me confused because only a few days ago I had been confronted with the FTP.EXE tool denying me to write to the GBe region. Apparently somehow during my experiments with the ME region I had done something that did write the GBe region too.

Ácode recommended to approach CodeRush at HardOCP forums who very willingly provided me with some background info on the MAC and using the FPT tool. It was a very nice brainstorming with him, actually.

So here comes my HOWTO:

We are facing three problems here:

-- Gigabyte's BIOS flashers don't overwrite the entire flash ROM, they skip the ME and GBe regions and more. It is really a BAD JOKE the unmodded F13t BIOS for the X79-UD5 even contains the ME firmware 8.1.10.1286, but it just NEVER GETS FLASHED! I checked this with the Intel's FITS tool. So flashing the original Gigabyte BIOS via ex. 'ftp -bios X79_UD5_mod.f13t' would actually update your ME!

-- Intel's FPT flashtool overwrites the ME region with the -me parameter, however not the GBe region using ftp -gbe -f <filename>. ftp -i still states that there is no write protection active.

-- Even when flashing the GBE region, this would overwrite the MAC adress.

I found out later that the GBE region can indeed be overwritten, but only when writing the *ENTIRE* BIOS. What we have to do is to copy the GBE firmware 1.5 over the 1.3 in the original ROM and then replace the default MAC adress with the original one of your mainboard.

First: Get the Intel flashtool (x64) and the gbe15.bin HERE:
    GBE15modkit_win64_x79.zip

Second: Get the Hexeditor HxD HERE:
    HxD - Freeware Hex Editor and Disk Editor | mh-nexus

Third: Get the desired BIOS file for your mainboard in the BETA BIOS thread or Modified BIOS thread:
    GIGABYTE Modified Bios
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ta-bios-1.html

My recommendation are the modified BIOSses by virtualfred for X79 boards with updated microcodes.

1) Start HxD and load your BIOS into it, and then load the GBE15.bin from my GBE modpack into another tab.

2) The MAC adress of the onboard Intel LAN can be obtained by running ipconfig /all in a DOS prompt. Look for the 6 bytes MAC of the 82579V network connection, looking like 50-ab-13-44-ff-01. Also you might find it on a sticker on your mainboard if it has gotten lost somehow.

3) Find the location of the start offset of the GBe firmware within the original BIOS. Currently it is located at 1000h and the MAC adress is located at the very beginning of the GBe15.bin ROM, offset 0h-5h. You will find "88 88 88 88 87 88" there. This might be different in other BIOSses. To find the location you can always search for 888888888788 in your BIOS.

4) Copy the entire content of the second tab (GBE15.bin 0h-1fffh) over the GBe region in the first tab at offset 1000h-2fffh (Or the respective different offset for your BIOS) using paste-write (CTRL-B) in HxD.

5) Return to 1000h (Or your BIOS' GBe offset if different from that) and enter your MAC adress at 1000h-1005h.

6) Save the file to yourbios.bin and copy it into the FTP flasher directory.

ATTENTION: Only perform the following steps on the SECONDARY bios (BLUE on boards with a BIOS switch!) to reduce risk.

7) Backup your current BIOS by using backup.bat.

8) Flash your BIOS using 'fpt -bios -f yourbios.bin'

At this point, after flashing, the ME driver will stop working until after a reboot.

On mainboards with a BIOS switch (green/blue) and UEFI BIOS:
    In case of a not working modification, you can enforce a BIOS reflash from the PRIMARY bios by holding the power button down for ten seconds or longer.

Let me know how that works for you...

EDIT: All hex adresses were ONE digit too long. Sorry!
    Last edited by Amurtigress; 08-03-2013 at 01:52 AM.

virtualfred,

I only see F20a mod1 for Z77X UD3H.

F20a mod2 for Z77 D3H.

Quote Originally Posted by CautionEL View Post
    virtualfred,

I only see F20a mod1 for Z77X UD3H.

F20a mod2 for Z77 D3H.
    Look here, just below the new splash logo... but mod2 isn't faster or stable than mod1, only the splash logo change

(For Z77-D3H there's a mod3)
    Last edited by virtualfred; 08-03-2013 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amurtigress View Post
    GBe Firmware Update for Gigabyte X79 mainboards (Potentially most others)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, here we go. My Howto. Please forgive me that it might not be as thoroughly written up and all but it'll do the job...
    Thanks a lot Amurtigress ! I'll try it later... shame you did not create a new topic so that it does not get lost in the mass...

Quote Originally Posted by virtualfred View Post
    Thanks a lot Amurtigress ! I'll try it later... shame you did not create a new topic so that it does not get lost in the mass...
    Here you go:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...55-1150-a.html

Thread Information