Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 167 of 472 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 4715

Thread: GIGABYTE Modified Bios




  1. #1661
    virtualfred's Avatar
    virtualfred is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    634

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by killkernel View Post
    Hello Virtualfred and thanks for your precise and accurate work...worthy follower of the master Stasio!
    There is a proverb that says that "the student surpasses the teacher" and it seems you are getting close to the goal.
    I don't know if there will be a release of a new beta for the Z77X-UP4TH and i've tried the F11a but i've found it less stable than the F10 beta or the official F9 that seems to be the more stable at the moment.
    About the full screen logo you can use what best suit the mod (less used space more possibility for ROMs) or create less issues to you during the operation.

    Thanks again for your attitude and appreciate work.

    Have a nice week-end!

    KK
    Thanks a lot

    But i like it to stay only padawan

    Have you seen i did your Z77X-UP4TH F9 mod

  2. #1662
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    116

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by virtualfred View Post
    Thanks a lot

    But i like it to stay only padawan

    Have you seen i did your Z77X-UP4TH F9 mod
    Ouch...i missed it, i'm so sorry.

    Thanks a lot Sir!

    Greetings,

    KK

  3. #1663
    virtualfred's Avatar
    virtualfred is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    634

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by killkernel View Post
    Ouch...i missed it, i'm so sorry.

    Thanks a lot Sir!

    Greetings,

    KK
    I understand there were a lot of messages in recent hours

  4. #1664
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Hi I have been messing around with all of the bios for my ga z77 d3h to see which one is the best for overclocking. Currently I am using the f20a mod 3 bios which is very good but I have noticed that I seem to get a lower score on cinebench with every bios after f19g.

    With f19g I get 7.81 on cine bench 11.5 but with f20a and f19i I get 7.61.

    The problem I have with f19g is that the fan control does not seem to work properly making the cpu and system fans spin up resuming from sleep mode, also the fans are also louder whilst idle. This problem does not occur with f19i and f20a.

    This might be a stupid question but is it possible to mod the f20a to make the cpu perform like it does with the f19g?

    Thanks
    Last edited by vfdb; 08-04-2013 at 04:55 AM.

  5. #1665
    snout is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    If I remember......you has been noted that there is 3 Legacy RAID in original X79 BIOS:

    - 8086,282a....Intel(R) RAID for SATA - v10.0.0.1032I (noted also earlier....can be deleted)
    - 8086,2822....Intel(R) RAID for SATA - v11.6.0.1702I........to be modded
    - 8086,2826....Intel(R) RAID for SATA - v3.5.0.1005 ..........to be modded

    NO EFI SataDriver....atm.




    Sample above......haha......
    I am sure that V10.0.0.10321 Rom was included for the intro of trim for the x79 class boards when the 11.6 Orom was included. The 11.6 Orom irst was the first That allowed trim to be used / active on any x79 Boards. I maybe wrong and it can be deleted though.

    HAHA Found the info - v10.0.0.1032 (for DEV_282a = "Intel(R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller", probably without TRIM in RAID0 support)

    So its probabaly not needed after all.
    This all came about when we got trim active for the very first time on the x79 Boards.
    Link = Fernando the King of Oroms / Bioses
    http://www.station-drivers.com/forum...=3910&start=74
    Last edited by snout; 08-04-2013 at 05:27 AM.
    G1.Assassin 2 (rev. 1.0) F13 MOD a Modified Bios by Boe23
    CPU Intel x3960
    Memory G.Skill RipJawsZ 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-14900C9
    Graphics Asus GTX 690 GOP Flashed.
    Hardrives x2 Samsung 128GB 840 PRO ssd (Raid 0 ) RST 13.1 Orom
    Optical Samsung SH-B123L/ BSBP 12x BluRay
    Case & Cooling Corsair 650D, Corsair H100 hydro
    Mouse & Keyboard R.A.T.7 Contagion , Steelseries 7G
    PSU Corsair Professional Series AX850 High Performance
    Sound X-FI Onboard (Pax Modded)
    Screen Benq XL2420T 24
    Windows 8.1 x64 UEFI Mode.

  6. #1666
    virtualfred's Avatar
    virtualfred is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    634

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by vfdb View Post
    Hi I have been messing around with all of the bios for my ga z77 d3h to see which one is the best for overclocking. Currently I am using the f20a mod 3 bios which is very good but I have noticed that I seem to get a lower score on cinebench with every bios after f19g.

    With f19g I get 7.81 on cine bench 11.5 but with f20a and f19i I get 7.61.

    The problem I have with f19g is that the fan control does not seem to work properly making the cpu and system fans spin up resuming from sleep mode, also the fans are also louder whilst idle. This problem does not occur with f19i and f20a.

    This might be a stupid question but is it possible to mod the f20a to make the cpu perform like it does with the f19g?

    Thanks
    Can you overclock more with F20a ?
    Just for information, F19d has an old Ivy μcode 6A915 (6A920 in F20a mod3). Perhaps F19d has more aggressive memory settings ?
    Last edited by virtualfred; 08-04-2013 at 05:33 AM.

  7. #1667
    virtualfred's Avatar
    virtualfred is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    634

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by snout View Post
    I am sure that V10.0.0.10321 Rom was included for the intro of trim for the x79 class boards when the 11.6 Orom was included. The 11.6 Orom irst was the first That allowed trim to be used / active on any x79 Boards. I maybe wrong and it can be deleted though.

    HAHA Found the info - v10.0.0.1032 (for DEV_282a = "Intel(R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller", probably without TRIM in RAID0 support)

    So its probabaly not needed after all.
    This all came about when we got trim active for the very first time on the x79 Boards.
    Link = Fernando the King of Oroms / Bioses
    www.station-drivers.com • Afficher le sujet - ROM: Intel RAID ROMs v11.5/11.6 may open TRIM for RAID0
    According to Fernando, 8086,2822 and 8086,282a are exactly the same and 282a is useless. Both RAID ROM 12.7.0.1936 and RSTe RAID 3.8.0.1009 support TRIM.

  8. #1668
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by virtualfred View Post
    Can you overclock more with F20a ?
    Just for information, F19d has an old Ivy μcode 6A915 (6A920 in F20a mod3). Perhaps F19d has more aggressive memory settings ?
    Hello with f20a i need 1.320 volt to keep 4.7ghz stable and with f19g I need 1.33 volts.

    Even if I increase the volts on f19i, f20a the score is still lower than f19g.

    Also f19g has a few fan problems which is the reason why I don't use it.

    Thanks.
    ga z77 d3h, i5 3570k @ 4.7ghz, hd 7850 @ 1225mhz core

  9. #1669
    Amurtigress is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    141

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    ^Everywhere you noted...... Intel RAID EFI SataDriver - 3.8.0.1009.........should be..... Intel Legacy RAID for SATA - 3.8.0.1009.
    EFI SataDriver 3.8.0.1009 is not released yet.
    Stasio,

    RAID firmwares 3.x are for the Intel Rapid Storage Enterprise mode, when the RAID device has the ID VEN8086/DEV2826. This is the Enterprise RAID mode for servers and workstations.
    Legacy should refer to the 11.x or 12.x Rapid Storage Technology, means VEN8086/DEV2822. Also formerly known as ICH8/9/10R.

    X79 boards usually can switch modes, any socket 11xx boards have only the Legacy (iRST) mode.

  10. #1670
    snout is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by virtualfred View Post
    According to Fernando, 8086,2822 and 8086,282a are exactly the same and 282a is useless. Both RAID ROM 12.7.0.1936 and RSTe RAID 3.8.0.1009 support TRIM.
    RSTe supports trim yes - but not in Raid. It was only IRST that supports Trim In Raid.
    I may have to try it myself and verify with the Hex method. But as far as im aware RSTe does not support Raid trim, but its been a while since i tested that Orom. Not looked back since the IRST Oroms and native trim in Raid.
    G1.Assassin 2 (rev. 1.0) F13 MOD a Modified Bios by Boe23
    CPU Intel x3960
    Memory G.Skill RipJawsZ 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-14900C9
    Graphics Asus GTX 690 GOP Flashed.
    Hardrives x2 Samsung 128GB 840 PRO ssd (Raid 0 ) RST 13.1 Orom
    Optical Samsung SH-B123L/ BSBP 12x BluRay
    Case & Cooling Corsair 650D, Corsair H100 hydro
    Mouse & Keyboard R.A.T.7 Contagion , Steelseries 7G
    PSU Corsair Professional Series AX850 High Performance
    Sound X-FI Onboard (Pax Modded)
    Screen Benq XL2420T 24
    Windows 8.1 x64 UEFI Mode.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 46 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 43 guests)

  1. marcgarcia322,
  2. Voldemaar

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •