Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 205 of 473 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 4726

Thread: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

I recall Gigabyte @BIOS having a history of problems but my understanding is the program is now stable and works perfectly fine. I've used it to install several modified BIOS' over the past couple months and haven't had any issues, but I notice other comments which imply otherwise. Not sure if they're valid or not so I was wondering if @BIOS is now perfectly stable to use?

CharliesTheMan is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 65Cobra View Post
    I recall Gigabyte @BIOS having a history of problems but my understanding is the program is now stable and works perfectly fine. I've used it to install several modified BIOS' over the past couple months and haven't had any issues, but I notice other comments which imply otherwise. Not sure if they're valid or not so I was wondering if @BIOS is now perfectly stable to use?
    You'll get mixed responses here. Just because of the nature of running it through windows instead of direct from BIOS or DOS, there's a potential for some issues to arise every now and then from the variable of running inside an OS. For the most part, the feedback I've seen of recent from users of my X79 board has been good. Personally I tend to use DOS or QFlash, both methods are easy for me with my setup and habits.

That's my 2 cents, I'm sure someone with a more expert opinion will contribute something more useful/credible than my experience with this one board.

Ghostearth is offline Member

@stasio
    @virtualfred

Ok guys, just flashed to mod 5

Results :

as you said stasio the space size of x79 changed, so the mod 5 by fred is a flawless victory, i love this splash logo, before i always deactivate it, but right now i will keep it.

Also Gbe 1.5 and latest mei 8.1.40.1416 are on board.

Thank you very much guys, fred come to my city and we make party, stasio if i 'm right you are from MY so Malaysia, so just fly to Lyon (i can have some cheap fly tickets).

But at this moment i just link you a video from Lyon's guys, hope you like it.

Panda Dub - Bamboo Vibration - YouTube

Ghostearth.

virtualfred is offline Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by CharliesTheMan View Post
    You'll get mixed responses here. Just because of the nature of running it through windows instead of direct from BIOS or DOS, there's a potential for some issues to arise every now and then from the variable of running inside an OS. For the most part, the feedback I've seen of recent from users of my X79 board has been good. Personally I tend to use DOS or QFlash, both methods are easy for me with my setup and habits.
    You're right, using Q-flash is safer cause not depending of Windows, antivirus... I also think that even if i do not always do it myself, the best way to flash the bios would be starting with a reset CMOS, flash BIOS while keeping default low frequencies, then load default settings before applying your settings.

Quote Originally Posted by 65Cobra View Post
    Depends on the specific version of @bios. I've used "@BIOS B12.0723.1" (latest beta version) dozens of times without issue. There could be a possible issue when going from "regular" to "UEFI" bios on certain Z68 boards, but I have no experience with those boards. For Z68 + first time UEFI bios flash, using the bootable USB stick may be a preferred solution. For most other situations, I would recommend "@BIOS B12.0723.1" (released July 2012) or newer.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ity-tools.html
    Additionally: Gigabyte's "Dual Bios" is always there in case of unforeseen mishap.
    Last edited by vailr; 08-30-2013 at 01:12 AM.

virtualfred is offline Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostearth View Post
    Ok guys, just flashed to mod 5
    as you said stasio the space size of x79 changed, so the mod 5 by fred is a flawless victory, i love this splash logo, before i always deactivate it, but right now i will keep it.
    Thank you very much guys, fred come to my city and we make party, stasio if i 'm right you are from MY so Malaysia, so just fly to Lyon (i can have some cheap fly tickets).
    Great !
    The image is not too degraded scaled on a wide screen ?

I keep your invitation in mind ... I'm sure Stasio come have a drink with us

Ghostearth is offline Member

No problem on my wide screen, i just show him one or two second but i'm still happy

Ghostearth.

Quote Originally Posted by virtualfred View Post
    Great !
    The image is not too degraded scaled on a wide screen ?

I keep your invitation in mind ... I'm sure Stasio come have a drink with us

22Danny is offline Junior Member

RE: Gigabyte GA-x79-up4 (F2 bios)
    Having some problems with BSOD and display hang/recovering, SYS stop/start. I updated the bios to F3x and found that the system did not find the RAID controller card -which contains the boot files. I would like to use the current drivers as well but also need to support for the RAID controller at boot time (also Ctrl A).
    Any suggestions are welcomed.
    Thank you,
    22Danny

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

^Hi and welcome to TT forum.
    I think,you should open new thread.....or some of moderators will do for you.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by virtualfred View Post
    Hi,

GA-P55A-UD3R BIOS F14b mod

Modified with :

Intel RAID SATA 9.5.0.1037 to 12.6.0.1867 (modded ROM by Fernando for TRIM support in RAID0)
    Jmicron RAID SATA 1.07.06 to 1.07.28
    Realtek LAN 2.35 to 2.56
    tested this morning in a simple pc (i3, only one hd), works like a charm
    later i'll test on a raid 5 system

Thread Information