Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 239 of 473 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 4721

Thread: GIGABYTE Modified Bios




  1. #2381
    CharliesTheMan is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    74

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Hi VirtualFred, do you have the time to mod the new X79UP4.F5b ? If not that's ok, I'll run the stock one. Wanted to see your plans so I'll know if I should flash the regular one.

  2. #2382
    virtualfred's Avatar
    virtualfred is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    634

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by CharliesTheMan View Post
    Hi VirtualFred, do you have the time to mod the new X79UP4.F5b ? If not that's ok, I'll run the stock one. Wanted to see your plans so I'll know if I should flash the regular one.
    Hi CharliesTheMan, already downloaded, i'll mod it in few hours...

  3. #2383
    CharliesTheMan is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    74

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by virtualfred View Post
    Hi CharliesTheMan, already downloaded, i'll mod it in few hours...
    Thanks man, not just for that, but for all that you do for us. I will be starting on a new rig soon, and I can honestly say that I'll consider going with a gigabyte board if you're still posting your BIOS modifications. Asus has some pretty good BIOS development and nice boards, but here at gigabyte we have a virtualfred!

    It wouldn't surprise me if your name appears in some reviews on newegg, because you're definitely a positive "pro" to go against some of the "cons" that these boards have.

  4. #2384
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by virtualfred View Post
    Same job for your MB with ME FW tweaked... and still need help of our community

    GA-X79-UD7 Bios F12b mod2

    Modified with :

    Intel Legacy RAID for SATA 11.6.0.1702 to 12.7.0.1936
    Intel UEFI SataDriver 11.6.0.1702 to 12.7.0.1936
    Intel RSTe RAID SataDriver 3.5.0.1005 to 3.8.0.1009
    Intel RSTe EFI SataDriver 3.7.0.1049
    Marvell 88SE91xx 1.0.1.0025
    Intel Boot Agent GE 1.3.95 to 1.5.43
    Intel (06D5) CPU Microcode 512 to 513
    Intel (06D6) CPU Microcode 616 to 619
    Intel (06D7) CPU Microcode 710
    Intel (06E2) CPU Microcode 20C to 20D
    Intel (06E0) CPU Microcode 008 added
    Intel (06E3) CPU Microcode 308 added
    Intel (06E4) IvyE CPU Microcode 416
    ME firmware 8.1.40.1416 to 8.1.50.1456(tweaked)
    Modified splash logo

    Could you try it please ?

    Thank you for your help :)

    I'm trying , and i send you a feed back ^^

    Thanks again

  5. #2385
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by ochtartak View Post
    Thank you for your help :)

    I'm trying , and i send you a feed back ^^

    Thanks again
    Same things :/

    -I' have already a lot of vdroop if i fix vcore normaly. (exemple : 1.32 Vcore = 1.28 full load)

    -Edit : no vdroop with offset mode

    -Vcore load calibration seem not working (vdroop with all setting)

    -Enter bios at startup :/


    Trying the new bios beta (12d) same things too


    With 11Z mod 4. it work like a charm.


    I don't want to disturb, but it's possible to mod the last beta bios of x79 ud7 ? (f12d)

    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ochtartak; 10-07-2013 at 11:36 PM.

  6. #2386
    virtualfred's Avatar
    virtualfred is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    634

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    GA-X79-UP4 BIOS F5b mod

    Modified with :

    Intel RAID for SATA 11.6.0.1702 to 12.7.0.1936
    Intel UEFI SataDriver 11.6.0.1702 to 12.7.0.1936
    Intel RSTe RAID for SATA 3.7.0.1049 to 3.8.0.1009
    Intel RSTe EFI SataDriver 3.7.0.1049
    Marvell 88SE91xx Adapter 1.0.1.0025
    Intel Boot Agent GE 1.3.95 to 1.5.43
    Intel (06D5) CPU Microcode 512 to 513
    Intel (06D6) CPU Microcode 616 to 619
    Intel (06D7) CPU Microcode 710
    Intel (06E2) CPU Microcode 20C to 20D
    Intel (06E0) CPU Microcode 008 added
    Intel (06E3) CPU Microcode 308 added
    Intel (06E4) IvyE CPU Microcode 416
    ME firmware 8.1.40.1416 to 8.1.50.1456
    Modified splash logo

  7. #2387
    virtualfred's Avatar
    virtualfred is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    634

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    GA-X79-UD7 BIOS F12d mod

    Modified with :

    Intel Legacy RAID for SATA 11.6.0.1702 to 12.7.0.1936
    Intel UEFI SataDriver 11.6.0.1702 to 12.7.0.1936
    Intel RSTe RAID SataDriver 3.5.0.1005 to 3.8.0.1009
    Intel RSTe EFI SataDriver 3.7.0.1049
    Marvell 88SE91xx 1.0.1.0025
    Intel Boot Agent GE 1.3.95 to 1.5.43
    Intel (06D5) CPU Microcode 512 to 513
    Intel (06D6) CPU Microcode 616 to 619
    Intel (06D7) CPU Microcode 710
    Intel (06E2) CPU Microcode 20C to 20D
    Intel (06E0) CPU Microcode 008 added
    Intel (06E3) CPU Microcode 308 added
    Intel (06E4) IvyE CPU Microcode 416
    ME firmware 8.1.40.1416 to 8.1.50.1456
    Modified splash logo

  8. #2388
    virtualfred's Avatar
    virtualfred is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    634

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by CharliesTheMan View Post
    Thanks man, not just for that, but for all that you do for us. I will be starting on a new rig soon, and I can honestly say that I'll consider going with a gigabyte board if you're still posting your BIOS modifications. Asus has some pretty good BIOS development and nice boards, but here at gigabyte we have a virtualfred!

    It wouldn't surprise me if your name appears in some reviews on newegg, because you're definitely a positive "pro" to go against some of the "cons" that these boards have.
    Too much ! Thanks for your kind words, but you forgot Stasio who allows us playing with the latest BIOS... and without whom I always will modify the same BIOS.
    My next MB will be a Gigabyte too, cause Stasio is here... cause they have Dual-BIOS which allow us playing with very low risk... but also cause i tried to play with some BIOS from other manufacturer, they often contains very old ROM/FW, some of these seem to be locked and tools failed/crashed.

  9. #2389
    CharliesTheMan is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    74

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    X79UP4.F5b modded with the meFW flashed fine through FPT and I'm up and running VF. I'll let you know how things run when I start customizing my config. But Windows booted fine on default stuff for anyone else that reads this, all is well with the file.

  10. #2390
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    8

    Talking Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by virtualfred View Post
    GA-X79-UD7 BIOS F12d mod

    Modified with :

    Intel Legacy RAID for SATA 11.6.0.1702 to 12.7.0.1936
    Intel UEFI SataDriver 11.6.0.1702 to 12.7.0.1936
    Intel RSTe RAID SataDriver 3.5.0.1005 to 3.8.0.1009
    Intel RSTe EFI SataDriver 3.7.0.1049
    Marvell 88SE91xx 1.0.1.0025
    Intel Boot Agent GE 1.3.95 to 1.5.43
    Intel (06D5) CPU Microcode 512 to 513
    Intel (06D6) CPU Microcode 616 to 619
    Intel (06D7) CPU Microcode 710
    Intel (06E2) CPU Microcode 20C to 20D
    Intel (06E0) CPU Microcode 008 added
    Intel (06E3) CPU Microcode 308 added
    Intel (06E4) IvyE CPU Microcode 416
    ME firmware 8.1.40.1416 to 8.1.50.1456
    Modified splash logo


    Thanks virtualfred !

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 37 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 37 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •