Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 25 of 474 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 4733

Thread: GIGABYTE Modified Bios




  1. #241
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Russia, Moscow
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Acebmxer, thank you very much for your hard work! I've updated BIOS for X58A-UD7 with F9D and it works perfect. Why you didn't attached a link to the first page?

    PS. After I flashed new BIOS (with SSV3 SLIC method) my SSD Corsair Force with 2 systems failed. The second SSD on the neighboring port is ok. This is not related to the BIOS update, but happen in a day.
    Who knows what it should be and what I can do by myself with this SSD or only RMA?

  2. #242
    NoJuan999 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    214

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Manufacturer: Gigabyte
    Model: GA-EP45-UD3R (Rev 1.x)
    Bios Type: Award
    Bios Revision: F12

    Oroms Updated:
    Intel RAID Updated to: 11.5.0.1347
    JMicron RAID Updated to: 1.07.28
    RealTek PXE Updated to: 2.47

    Flash from DOS with Included Flash Utility.

    Gigabyte_GA-EP45-UD3R_(Rev.1.0)_F12_IR11.5_JM28_RT247.rar
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...JM28_RT247.rar
    Last edited by NoJuan999; 07-24-2013 at 10:53 AM.
    I am in NO way affiliated with Gigabyte.
    If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

  3. #243
    Acebmxer's Avatar
    Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    2,817

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveBond View Post
    Acebmxer, thank you very much for your hard work! I've updated BIOS for X58A-UD7 with F9D and it works perfect. Why you didn't attached a link to the first page?

    PS. After I flashed new BIOS (with SSV3 SLIC method) my SSD Corsair Force with 2 systems failed. The second SSD on the neighboring port is ok. This is not related to the BIOS update, but happen in a day.
    Who knows what it should be and what I can do by myself with this SSD or only RMA?
    I did not post your bios on the main page as you had other mods done to the bios which allows windows to install and activate with out a cdkey. If others want your bios they can look for it.

    Sorry to hear about your SSD.

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJuan999 View Post
    Manufacturer: Gigabyte
    Model: GA-EP45-UD3R (Rev 1.x)
    Bios Type: Award
    Bios Revision: F12

    Oroms Updated:
    Intel RAID Updated to: 11.5.0.1347
    JMicron RAID Updated to: 1.07.28
    RealTek PXE Updated to: 2.47

    Flash from DOS with Included Flash Utility.

    Gigabyte_GA-EP45-UD3R_(Rev.1.0)_F12_IR11.5_JM28_RT247.rar
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/55030067/Gi...JM28_RT247.rar
    Thanks Juan Ill update the first page.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator





  4. #244

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Hi,

    I have found bug in x58a-ud7 rev1 f9d complete 3 mod (april 1).

    When post boot screens the gsata drives not listed when it is in AHCI mode.
    Also can't boot (or select) in AHCI mode from IDE CDROM drive.

    I have checked all 3 modified BIOS version, they are behave same, and tested last original f9d beta bios, it's worked
    as all unmodded bios.

    Can we fix this problem? I would be happy to use this modded bios. (as I do now...)
    Intel Core7 920. D0 stepping
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X58-extreme/X58A-UD7
    Chieftec Server case
    PSU: Corsair VX550 W
    Scythe Kabuto cpu cooler
    Scythe s-flex ventillation
    RAM: 12GB ocz platinum 1866 9-9-9-27 (running at below 1700 and 8-8-8)
    GPU:Zotac GTX275 AMP! edition
    HDD:4x1tb samsung spinpoint f1
    Mon: 2x Samsung syncmaster 214t PVA 4:3.
    Os: 32bit xp 64bit w7

  5. #245
    Acebmxer's Avatar
    Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    2,817

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Sorry to hear about your problems. The only thing I can do is not include the firmware upgrade for the marvel controller which is the gsata for that board. No one else has complained about this firmware on any other board.

    You still using a IDE cdrom drive? Not trying to sound mean or anything but spend $20 and get a sata dvd burner.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator





  6. #246
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Italy (Bari)
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Hi guys!
    With my GA-EX58-Extreme i have optimal latency in DPC Latency Checker with F12 official bios and worse one with F13u modded, but my Crucial M4 works better with the latter (with F12 raid rom the POST hangs when recognizing SSD in achi mode if i don't create partitions before installing Windows).

    So i made a F12 modded version with last oroms (raid, Realtek and jMicron):

    Manufacturer: Gigabyte

    Model: GA-EX58-Extreme
    Bios Type: Award
    Bios Revision: F12
    Oroms Updated:
    Intel RAID Updated to: 11.5.0.1347
    JMicron RAID Updated to: 1.07.28
    RealTek PXE Updated to: 2.47
    Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11792878/EX58EXmod.F12


    Tested on my mobo, works good.

    Bye!

  7. #247
    Acebmxer's Avatar
    Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    2,817

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by ezio View Post
    Hi guys!
    With my GA-EX58-Extreme i have optimal latency in DPC Latency Checker with F12 official bios and worse one with F13u modded, but my Crucial M4 works better with the latter (with F12 raid rom the POST hangs when recognizing SSD in achi mode if i don't create partitions before installing Windows).

    So i made a F12 modded version with last oroms (raid, Realtek and jMicron):

    Manufacturer: Gigabyte

    Model: GA-EX58-Extreme
    Bios Type: Award
    Bios Revision: F12
    Oroms Updated:
    Intel RAID Updated to: 11.5.0.1347
    JMicron RAID Updated to: 1.07.28
    RealTek PXE Updated to: 2.47
    Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11792878/EX58EXmod.F12


    Tested on my mobo, works good.

    Bye!
    Updated 3rd Post
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator





  8. #248

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by Acebmxer View Post
    Sorry to hear about your problems. The only thing I can do is not include the firmware upgrade for the marvel controller which is the gsata for that board. No one else has complained about this firmware on any other board.

    You still using a IDE cdrom drive? Not trying to sound mean or anything but spend $20 and get a sata dvd burner.
    Hi,

    Thanks for the reply. Do you know, what the new firmware do ? So what I will loose if revert back the previous marvell firmware?


    The IDE DVDburner is because all sata connectors kept for hard drives...(and use also external firewire and usb3...)
    It was not easy to find this lightscribe IDE DVD for this case:-).
    I like this board, because it is full of up to date connections and the last one with PCI and IDE..., PS/2... ( I have pricey PCI DSP card)

    Thanks for your help

    Regards,
    Pubem
    Last edited by pubem; 06-13-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    Intel Core7 920. D0 stepping
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X58-extreme/X58A-UD7
    Chieftec Server case
    PSU: Corsair VX550 W
    Scythe Kabuto cpu cooler
    Scythe s-flex ventillation
    RAM: 12GB ocz platinum 1866 9-9-9-27 (running at below 1700 and 8-8-8)
    GPU:Zotac GTX275 AMP! edition
    HDD:4x1tb samsung spinpoint f1
    Mon: 2x Samsung syncmaster 214t PVA 4:3.
    Os: 32bit xp 64bit w7

  9. #249
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    london
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Hi guys! Can you please help me to understand whats IRST 11.1.0.1413? I see tat latest bioses have been updated with it form x58. Thanks,

  10. #250
    Acebmxer's Avatar
    Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    2,817

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    IRST 11.1.0.1413 is Intel's raid rom file. This is the file in the bios that controls the raid function of your board. That version is not the latest but atleast Gigabyte updated it from the older version.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator





Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 68 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 67 guests)

  1. mravel

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •