Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 293 of 473 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 4726

Thread: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

boe323 is offline Member

Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Quote Originally Posted by xplode View Post
    I have a question. I would like to know is it possible to edit BIOS UI graphics on x79 or z77 bioses ? They look like crap. I wonder why Gigabyte does not use the z87 UI in newest z77 and x79 BIOS?
    Yes, what about adding the new UI that replaces the 3d bios?, surely its possible?.
    A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Hello,

can anyone please update the latest Award-BIOS F12 for the GA-Z68X-UD3H ?

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...d3h-b3_f12.exe

I know that there is an updated UEFI-Version already, but I want to stick with the Award-BIOS because I use this BIOS extension that allows me to enter ATA-passwords for my harddisks, use ATA secure erase and so on (added by myself to F12). AFAIK there is no similar extension for UEFI.

In the latest AWARD-BIOS from Gigabyte, the VGA-ROM ist very old and the ME-Firmware has V7. I already tried to flash to V8 as administrator, but the flash-tools gave me errors. It was only possible to update to a slightly newer Version of V7, and this worked only if the flash tool had also V7:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20(Win32).zip

There are some recent modules and VGA-BIOS-files posted here:

Actual PCI ROM modules (not AHCI/RAID related)
    BIOS modules (PCI ROM, EFI and others) ╗ AHCI & RAID ROM Modules

The most important changes to me would be the new Intel VGA ROM v2158 for Ivy-Bridge, newer CPU microcode (if available) and the ME firmware V8.
    However, there are rumors that Gigabyte's Award-BIOS would not work with ME V8, which is the reason why the did not include a V8 ME in newer versions of the Award-BIOS and released an AMI UEFI with ME V8 instead later. But I do not know if this is true.

But if it turns out to be true, then it might even be necessary to have an F12-BIOS with everything updated but ME-Firmware left at the latest V7 in case a version with everything updated and ME-Version at the latest V8 does not work.

Maybe I would have tried it by myself, but the problem is that the VGA ROM ist above MINIT module and I read in a tutorial that you have to be very careful what you are doing when this is the case. Integration of newer ME firmware into the BIOS looks even more difficult to me.

Thank you for any help!
    Last edited by el-sahef; 12-11-2013 at 10:12 AM.

Comet 67P ( Exploring with Philae - Rosetta Lander)

@VirtualFred,

Sorry to ask if this common Knowledge for the modded bios. If I apply a modded bios say f8b mod2 to my z87x-ud4h and later apply a regular official release from Gigabyte, will it over write everything(modded additions). Nothing left behind. I know on Asus and Intel some info remains like whitelist instructions and slic etc.

Z87x-ud4h
    core i5 4670k
    ripjaws 16gb ddr3
    corsair 850 psu
    AMD 7870 gpu
    256gb ssd Samsung
    4tb WD Black
    lian li case

virtualfred is offline Super Moderator

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by boe323 View Post
    Yes, what about adding the new UI that replaces the 3d bios?, surely its possible?.
    I don't think so, Z87 BIOS file are 16MB while Z77 are 8MB... it needs a complete new BIOS but i don't think there's enough space for it.

Quote Originally Posted by el-sahef View Post
    Hello,

can anyone please update the latest Award-BIOS F12 for the GA-Z68X-UD3H ?

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...d3h-b3_f12.exe

I know that there is an updated UEFI-Version already, but I want to stick with the Award-BIOS because I use this BIOS extension that allows me to enter ATA-passwords for my harddisks, use ATA secure erase and so on (added by myself to F12). AFAIK there is no similar extension for UEFI.

In the latest AWARD-BIOS from Gigabyte, the VGA-ROM ist very old and the ME-Firmware has V7. I already tried to flash to V8 as administrator, but the flash-tools gave me errors. It was only possible to update to a slightly newer Version of V7, and this worked only if the flash tool had also V7:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20(Win32).zip

There are some recent modules and VGA-BIOS-files posted here:

Actual PCI ROM modules (not AHCI/RAID related)
    BIOS modules (PCI ROM, EFI and others) ╗ AHCI & RAID ROM Modules

The most important changes to me would be the new Intel VGA ROM v2158 for Ivy-Bridge, newer CPU microcode (if available) and the ME firmware V8.
    However, there are rumors that Gigabyte's Award-BIOS would not work with ME V8, which is the reason why the did not include a V8 ME in newer versions of the Award-BIOS and released an AMI UEFI with ME V8 instead later. But I do not know if this is true.

But if it turns out to be true, then it might even be necessary to have an F12-BIOS with everything updated but ME-Firmware left at the latest V7 in case a version with everything updated and ME-Version at the latest V8 does not work.

Maybe I would have tried it by myself, but the problem is that the VGA ROM ist above MINIT module and I read in a tutorial that you have to be very careful what you are doing when this is the case. Integration of newer ME firmware into the BIOS looks even more difficult to me.

Thank you for any help!
    Sorry but I'm much more comfortable with UEFI and i don't know if VGA ROM can be replaced in Award BIOS... also i suppose UEFI BIOS is necessary to support ME FW 8****.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacToe View Post
    @VirtualFred,

Sorry to ask if this common Knowledge for the modded bios. If I apply a modded bios say f8b mod2 to my z87x-ud4h and later apply a regular official release from Gigabyte, will it over write everything(modded additions). Nothing left behind. I know on Asus and Intel some info remains like whitelist instructions and slic etc.
    e
    Yes if you flash BIOS F7 over a modded F8b, every Ácode, ROM and ME FW revert back to version from F7 BIOS.
    It is really useful to complete and keep your PC Specs or Signature up to date in Settings /My Profile (motherboard, CPU, BIOS version modified or not ...) - Thank you all .
    Main rig : Z77X-UD5H BIOS F16 mod11 - Core i7 3770K @4.5GHz 1.30V - Noctua NH-D14 - GSkill TridentX 2x8GB @1200MHz CAS10 - Club3D HD5750 noiseless @800/1300 - Silverstone FT02S - Seasonic X-series 650W
    2x Intel 510 128GB RAID0 - 2x Samsung F3 500GB RAID0 + Samsung F3 1TB - Dell U2713H - Logitech Illuminated & G500 - Focal XS Book - Windows 8 Pro 64bits UEFI
    2nd rig : Z77X-UD3H BIOS F20e mod - Core i5 3470 @4.0GHz - Noctua NH-D14 -
    Crucial BT 2x4GB @933MHz CAS9 - Club3D HD7750 noiseless @stock - Lian-Li PC-A05FN - Seasonic M12II 520W
    Crucial M4 128GB - 2x WD10EALX RAID1 - Dell 2408WFP - Logitech Illuminated & G5
    - Bose Companion 20 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits Legacy
    HTPC : EG45M-UD2H BIOS F5a mod - Core2Quad Q8200 @2.8GHz undervolted to 1.10V - Noctua NH-C4 passive - OCZ 4x1GB @500MHz CAS5 - AMD HD6450 passive - Antek NSK2480 - Antec Earthwatts 380W
    Intel SSD 330 60GB - 2x WD WD30EZRX 3TB RAID0 - Logitech K820 - Windows 8 Pro 64bits + XBMC12
    Gigabyte Modified BIOS & About ME firmware

Sorry to ask this here but how on earth do I unsubscribe from getting emails from TT forums? Everything that is posted here and in another thread is emailed to me regardless of settings and unsubscribing just redirects me to the home page. I don't want to put this in spam but I've gotten 10 emails today and yesterday. I have no idea where else to ask this either (off topic, sooooryyy)

X79-UP4 F5e disables SLI support, rolled back to F5b no problems.

Topp44 is offline Junior Member

The bios for Z87X-UD5H F7 MOD3 is the same one as that of F8C. All these bios are versions beta?

Harri Rintala is offline Junior Member

I have GA-z77-ud3h motherboard and i update my bios to 20c...
    I put my settings which worked in F19 bios and now
    my computer not boot. USB devices is powered and then power is lost and power comes off and on...
    computer not boot in bios at all...?
    i7-4770k | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | Evga GTX780 SC | 16GB 2400MHz | Obsidian 900D
    128SSD | 2000GB HDD | MAD CATZ STRIKE 7 & R.A.T 9 | 2x Asus MX239H | Win 8.1 pro (media center)

Harri Rintala is offline Junior Member

My setting what it put in bios... What is wrong?

i7-4770k | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | Evga GTX780 SC | 16GB 2400MHz | Obsidian 900D
    128SSD | 2000GB HDD | MAD CATZ STRIKE 7 & R.A.T 9 | 2x Asus MX239H | Win 8.1 pro (media center)

Teddybehr is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harri Rintala View Post
    I have GA-z77-ud3h motherboard and i update my bios to 20c...
    I put my settings which worked in F19 bios and now
    my computer not boot. USB devices is powered and then power is lost and power comes off and on...
    computer not boot in bios at all...?
    Welcome to the forum.

While power off, power cord unplugged:
    Reset CMOS (little black button in the corner of the motherboard next to power yellow button). Hold it for 30 seconds.
    Boot
    In BIOS load optimized settings (F7) ...save and reboot
    In BIOS...make your adjustments
    CSM Support at "Always"
    In "Boot mode selection" set it at "UEFI and Legacy"
    Is your windows is installed in UEFI mode (GPT partition)?

...save... Reboot

Should work ...if not ...tell us back.

Thread Information