Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 330 of 472 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380430 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 4719

Thread: GIGABYTE Modified Bios




  1. #3291
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    GA-Z77X-UD3H BIOS F20e mod working great for me. Thanks acebmxer

  2. #3292
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    BelgiŽ
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Im' still on F6a modified for my UP4 X79 working splendid thx
    I7 3930K@4500@NZXT Kraken x60 16G Gskill 2133mhz Gigabyte X79 UP4@ F6A modified bios Samsung 840 pro 256 Gb +8Tb 2x evga 760 superclocked with acx cooler Corsair HX850 LG 29EB73-P 29''
    I7 2600k@4500@Corsair H100 16G Corsair Dominator GT 1600mhz Asus P8P67 DLX Samsung Evo 250 gb +3Tb Evga GTX 660 Corsair TX650v2 LG EB2711 27''

  3. #3293
    mjgr33n is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Awesome work as always, sorry but can I have a couple more done to the latest BIOS versions :)

    http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList...m-d3h_f15a.exe

    And

    http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList...sniper5_f8.exe

    Much liking these Gigabyte boards, especially with these great BIOS mods :)

  4. #3294
    genetix's Avatar
    genetix is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by weasel77 View Post
    Im' still on F6a modified for my UP4 X79 working splendid thx
    Kinda same boat here. Working currently at QPI, but since Gigabyte BIOSes F5-F6a are failure still can't POST at any settings with vCore set to 'NORMAL' with any offset while using x1.25 (Gear Ratio) I wonder do you see this the same?

    (And no it won't even POST at 1,6v VTT, heh, actually did go pretty damn close with 1.45v VTT attempt try'd to psuh everything down CPU ratio to x12 and turbo at x12 with every single function of BIOS disabled including all storage/NIC/etc PCIe channel at PCIe 1.1, lol, but the damn thing just doesn't damn POST no matter how I try with any Gigabyte created BIOS rev 1.0/1.1 w/e.)

    -edit-

    Don't get me wrong it will POST at vCore set manually quite low even with proper VTT.

    Think I might have to RMA the board to Gigabyte because I now loaned ASUS X79 board and it works (yet again) flawless against what Gigabyte fails to do. I don't know what is wrong with Gigabyte BIOSes year after year this is 4th board I was forced by buy with Gigabyte reading on top and none of the boards as of CPU consider has ever worked as they should. Which literally is begin to be an issue because I am tired of RMAing Gigabyte boards just to notice that when I change back to ASUS all are again working. This goes from X38, X58, Z68 now to X79.
    (If Mr.Tweak wants to ban me about this comment he is welcome to... Just opinion/notion of history to consider of above attempt to find a BIOS that works)
    Last edited by genetix; 02-09-2014 at 06:54 PM.
    "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

  5. #3295
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    BelgiŽ
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by genetix View Post
    Kinda same boat here. Working currently at QPI, but since Gigabyte BIOSes F5-F6a are failure still can't POST at any settings with vCore set to 'NORMAL' with any offset while using x1.25 (Gear Ratio) I wonder do you see this the same?

    (And no it won't even POST at 1,6v VTT, heh, actually did go pretty damn close with 1.45v VTT attempt try'd to psuh everything down CPU ratio to x12 and turbo at x12 with every single function of BIOS disabled including all storage/NIC/etc PCIe channel at PCIe 1.1, lol, but the damn thing just doesn't damn POST no matter how I try with any Gigabyte created BIOS rev 1.0/1.1 w/e.)

    -edit-

    Don't get me wrong it will POST at vCore set manually quite low even with proper VTT.

    Think I might have to RMA the board to Gigabyte because I now loaned ASUS X79 board and it works (yet again) flawless against what Gigabyte fails to do. I don't know what is wrong with Gigabyte BIOSes year after year this is 4th board I was forced by buy with Gigabyte reading on top and none of the boards as of CPU consider has ever worked as they should. Which literally is begin to be an issue because I am tired of RMAing Gigabyte boards just to notice that when I change back to ASUS all are again working. This goes from X38, X58, Z68 now to X79.

    For me it works perfectly stable with every modified bios i tested overhere,i think you should rma your board...i had a asus x79 deluxe before and that thing was just pure sh**.had a defective memory lane sometimes it recognized the memory sometimes not did al lot of testing before i found the culprit.''I prefer gigabyte anytime over asus but thats personal experience,had 3 p8p67 deluxe mobo's from asus before i had a good working one.
    I7 3930K@4500@NZXT Kraken x60 16G Gskill 2133mhz Gigabyte X79 UP4@ F6A modified bios Samsung 840 pro 256 Gb +8Tb 2x evga 760 superclocked with acx cooler Corsair HX850 LG 29EB73-P 29''
    I7 2600k@4500@Corsair H100 16G Corsair Dominator GT 1600mhz Asus P8P67 DLX Samsung Evo 250 gb +3Tb Evga GTX 660 Corsair TX650v2 LG EB2711 27''

  6. #3296
    genetix's Avatar
    genetix is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by weasel77 View Post
    For me it works perfectly stable with every modified bios i tested overhere,i think you should rma your board...i had a asus x79 deluxe before and that thing was just pure sh**.had a defective memory lane sometimes it recognized the memory sometimes not did al lot of testing before i found the culprit.''I prefer gigabyte anytime over asus but thats personal experience,had 3 p8p67 deluxe mobo's from asus before i had a good working one.
    Yeah, but are you POSTing with Gear Ratio: x1.25, vCore set to 'NORMAL' with offset ? QPI at 4Ghz?

    Because, I don't care, if your CPU is 1,2Ghz or 7,5Ghz, if you can't raise the Internal speed it's not even an overclock.
    "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

  7. #3297
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    BelgiŽ
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by genetix View Post
    Yeah, but are you POSTing with Gear Ratio: x1.25, vCore set to 'NORMAL' with offset ? QPI at 4Ghz?

    No never tried the gear ratio...for stability reasons even on my asus board that wasn't 100% satisfying,you can better keep it on normal and up the multi for better oc results :)
    I7 3930K@4500@NZXT Kraken x60 16G Gskill 2133mhz Gigabyte X79 UP4@ F6A modified bios Samsung 840 pro 256 Gb +8Tb 2x evga 760 superclocked with acx cooler Corsair HX850 LG 29EB73-P 29''
    I7 2600k@4500@Corsair H100 16G Corsair Dominator GT 1600mhz Asus P8P67 DLX Samsung Evo 250 gb +3Tb Evga GTX 660 Corsair TX650v2 LG EB2711 27''

  8. #3298
    genetix's Avatar
    genetix is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by weasel77 View Post
    No never tried the gear ratio...for stability reasons even on my asus board that wasn't 100% satisfying,you can better keep it on normal and up the multi for better oc results :)
    no, heh, been here long enough to understand what is fast. For example if you would set your vCore at 1.464v manually then set the Gear Ratio to x1.25 and push VTT around 1.15-1.3v range to lower needed vCore with exreme low latency memory lets say CL8-8-8-24 1600 ratio pushed by Gear Ratio to 2Ghz Quad or Triple channel. Your system would be twice as fast than lets say CPU ratio pushed to 5,1Ghz and that would work.

    The so called Uncore or QPI Link speed is everything when it comes to performance, heck, you could basically push with this setup core clean up to 4,9Ghz too without any issues because Internal speeds would be so much more stable beside the fact that when you clock CPU Ratio/Turbo alone your memory is functioning differently unless you reach 2666Mhz with decent CLs but in all scenarios, if you do above you will read/write/copy at same speed and your Latency at memory will be damn good like I got 49ns.

    My problem with this is the vCore at 'NORMAL' won't POST no matter what you do and that negates the usage of Intel TM1-2, EIST which again at IDLE state machine would decrease CPU voltage to save power and when I need power out-of-box again I could utilize EIST again from OS.
    Last edited by genetix; 02-09-2014 at 07:07 PM.
    "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

  9. #3299
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    BelgiŽ
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by genetix View Post
    no, heh, been here long enough to understand what is fast. For example if you would set your vCore at 1.464v manually then set the Gear Ratio to x1.25 and push VTT around 1.15-1.3v range to lower needed vCore with exreme low latency memory lets say CL8-8-8-24 1600 ratio pushed by Gear Ratio to 2Ghz Quad or Triple channel. Your system would be twice as fast than lets say CPU ratio pushed to 5,1Ghz and that would work.

    The so called Uncore or QPI Link speed is everything when it comes to performance, heck, you could basically push with this setup core clean up to 4,9Ghz too without any issues because Internal speeds would be so much more stable beside the fact that when you clock CPU Ratio/Turbo alone your memory is functioning differently unless you reach 2666Mhz with decent CLs but in all scenarios, if you do above you will read/write/copy at same speed and your Latency at memory will be damn good like I got 49ns.
    interesting genetix but i'll leave my system like it is now all is running fine,i would still rma your board overhere gigabyte has excelent rma service don't know in Finland.

    cheers
    I7 3930K@4500@NZXT Kraken x60 16G Gskill 2133mhz Gigabyte X79 UP4@ F6A modified bios Samsung 840 pro 256 Gb +8Tb 2x evga 760 superclocked with acx cooler Corsair HX850 LG 29EB73-P 29''
    I7 2600k@4500@Corsair H100 16G Corsair Dominator GT 1600mhz Asus P8P67 DLX Samsung Evo 250 gb +3Tb Evga GTX 660 Corsair TX650v2 LG EB2711 27''

  10. #3300
    boe323 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    476

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    I have a feeling that f12z bios for g1assassin 2 wasn't meant to be put out ...my system is so unstable ...get occasional boot failures ...cant enable usb3 without getting this long annoying beep ...and now online video is crashing with a whea uncorrectable error nearly all the time now.
    A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 74 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 74 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •