Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 363 of 473 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373413463 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 4726

Thread: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

I can't install the ME Firmware on my system.It says error usage code 8716, of course i am running the Win64 version.

OS Win8.1 x64 with Spring Update 2014
    Chipset Z77X

***Edit: Alright, i flashed it manually.
    Last edited by CautionEL; 06-06-2014 at 10:10 AM.

Teddybehr is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Echoa View Post
    Im sorry if this question has been answered or is obvious (been using search to try and find an answer), but will the latest beta bios mod for ga-z87x-ud4h allow me to set max turbo on my Xeon-1240v3?

Edit: Doesnt appear to (assuming its doable? :P)
    If it is doable it will be in your manual. The max for Turbo Boost Technology is 38 for your Xeon E3 . You cannot overclock it AFAIK but you can set Turbo boost Tech.

I am not sure if it will answer your question but at page 41 of your manual, it shows you how to set max turbo multiplier for each core.
    In the section MIT of your BIOS you select:
    "Advanced Frequency Settings"
    The you will see:
    "Advanced CPU Core features"
    Then you should see turbo ratio for each core or something like that.

You can always try the latest beta bios posted in page 1 of this thread.
    Sorry if I cannot help more. I am not brave enough to pull out one of the 2 Xeon E5 that I have in my Hp ProLiant Server not mentioning that it won't fit in my PC socket anyway
    Hope it helps

Echoa is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybehr View Post
    If it is doable it will be in your manual. The max for Turbo Boost Technology is 38 for your Xeon E3 . You cannot overclock it AFAIK but you can set Turbo boost Tech.

I am not sure if it will answer your question but at page 41 of your manual, it shows you how to set max turbo multiplier for each core.
    In the section MIT of your BIOS you select:
    "Advanced Frequency Settings"
    The you will see:
    "Advanced CPU Core features"
    Then you should see turbo ratio for each core or something like that.

You can always try the latest beta bios posted in page 1 of this thread.
    Sorry if I cannot help more. I am not brave enough to pull out one of the 2 Xeon E5 that I have in my Hp ProLiant Server not mentioning that it won't fit in my PC socket anyway
    Hope it helps
    It doesnt allow max turbo on all cores

IE

1 core is x38
    2 core x38
    3 core x37
    4 core x36

I want to be able to 4 core to x38 and when I set it to that it doesnt work. Funny enough setting it to that actually drops my max turbo freq to only 3ghz?

ty for trying to help though, I already knew all that I was just wondering if the modded F10a bios would allow me to do it. I just flashed and tried it but no dice so oh well. I'll just be happy with my slight bclk bump :P
    Last edited by Echoa; 06-06-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Echoa View Post
    It doesnt allow max turbo on all cores

IE

1 core is x38
    2 core x38
    3 core x37
    4 core x36

I want to be able to 4 core to x38 and when I set it to that it doesnt work. Funny enough setting it to that actually drops my max turbo freq to only 3ghz?

ty for trying to help though, I already knew all that I was just wondering if the modded F10a bios would allow me to do it. I just flashed and tried it but no dice so oh well.
    Yes,
    Intel docs show that when 4 cores are active, the maximum turbo multiplier for your Xeon E3-1240 is 36.
    Look at the bright side. At least your Xeon works in a Gigabyte Z87 motherboard. Which is not always the case that a Xeon works in a non-server MB. Your Xeon is a pretty solid /reliable beast. It won't let you down

Stasio, can you update the Z77X UD3H F20e with the latest updates ? (13.1.0.2126 etc).

Thanks in advance.

Bebop0389 is offline Junior Member

Hope it's okay to ask this here, seems like all the BIOS experts are in this thread: Is it possible to use P67 UD7 B3 rev. (GA-P67A-UD7-B3) BIOS on the original, recalled P67 (GA-P67A-UD7)? Can the original rev. accept a modded BIOS?

I found a good deal on the recalled board, but the B3 revision is listed separately on the site and has many more BIOS updates to fix issues. The boards seem 100% identical except for the B3 revised P67 chipset.

Gigabyte says "the Bios is only coded to match the same model motherboard, by doing so will corrupt the CMOS," but I'd greatly appreciate other thoughts on this. Thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bebop0389 View Post
    Hope it's okay to ask this here, seems like all the BIOS experts are in this thread: Is it possible to use P67 UD7 B3 rev. (GA-P67A-UD7-B3) BIOS on the original, recalled P67 (GA-P67A-UD7)? Can the original rev. accept a modded BIOS?

I found a good deal on the recalled board, but the B3 revision is listed separately on the site and has many more BIOS updates to fix issues. The boards seem 100% identical except for the B3 revised P67 chipset.

Gigabyte says "the Bios is only coded to match the same model motherboard, by doing so will corrupt the CMOS," but I'd greatly appreciate other thoughts on this. Thank you for your time.
    Hi,
    It seems that you are in that situation:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...-b2-board.html

UD7 is addressed too.
    Hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by CautionEL View Post
    Stasio, can you update the Z77X UD3H F20e with the latest updates ? (13.1.0.2126 etc).

Thanks in advance.
    You don't like mine (post 3620)?

Bebop0389 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybehr View Post
    Hi,
    It seems that you are in that situation:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...-b2-board.html

UD7 is addressed too.
    Hope it helps
    That's awesome. Thank you so much.

luckyboy is offline Junior Member

Hi. Any chance to mod f3 bios for g1 sniper z87? I want to set turbo to 3.9Ghz for all cores. Thank you.

btw, f3 bios is flawless.
    G1.Sniper Z87 | i7-4771 | GTX 780 WF OC | Barracuda 1tb | 2x8GB Evo Potenza 1866 CL9 | EVO 120gb | M12II 750W EVO Edition | Hyper 212 EVO | XL2411T | R1600T Plus

Thread Information