Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 427 of 472 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 4719

Thread: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Slight issue. I flashed to the modified F21E. Everything works great except when I shut down the computer, Windows will shut down including the display but the computer will still be on with running fan and lights. Even if I wait 5-8 minutes. I have to push the power button to fully shut down.

I have tried various things such as set BIOS to optimized defaults. Also, have latest MEI firmware v8.1.52.1496 and latest MEI v10.0.38.1036 drivers.

Everything else works great! May try flashing to modified F20 BIOS this weekend and see if that fixes anything.

Any suggestions?

Sad for you because for me until now whit f21e from ghostearth mod, work well in everything!

Quote Originally Posted by ZzBloopzZ View Post
    Slight issue. I flashed to the modified F21E. Everything works great except when I shut down the computer, Windows will shut down including the display but the computer will still be on with running fan and lights. Even if I wait 5-8 minutes. I have to push the power button to fully shut down.

I have tried various things such as set BIOS to optimized defaults. Also, have latest MEI firmware v8.1.52.1496 and latest MEI v10.0.38.1036 drivers.

Everything else works great! May try flashing to modified F20 BIOS this weekend and see if that fixes anything.

Any suggestions?
    I don't know what you're running, but I always uninstall or turn off (disable any startup programs) except AV, restart and then flash.I use @bios as I've never had a problem with it, enable clear dmi data pool and load optimized defaults after flashing.Whatever method you use, clearing the dmi data pool is essential.
    INTEL CORE i7 3930K @ 4.5 GHZ GIGABYTE X79-UD3 F21e MOD G.SKILL SNIPER 16 GB DDR3 2400 MHZ CL11
    ZOTAC GTX 1070 AMP! ASUS VG248QE @ 144 HZ
    CREATIVE X-FI TITANIUM FATAL1TY CHAMPION
    LOGITECH Z-5300 5.1 SPEAKERS ROCCAT ISKU KEYBOARD ROCCAT KIRO MOUSE ROCCAT ALUMIC SURFACE
    MICROSOFT XBOX 360 CONTROLLER SAMSUNG 840 PRO 128 GB SSD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1 TB HDD
    LITE-ON BLU-RAY BURNER CORSAIR H100I V2 - CORSAIR H75 - NZXT KRAKEN G10 - 7 FANS CORSAIR HX850 PSU
    MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 PRO X64 NZXT PHANTOM 410 MOD

Quote Originally Posted by Dragondale13 View Post
    I don't know what you're running, but I always uninstall or turn off (disable any startup programs) except AV, restart and then flash.I use @bios as I've never had a problem with it, enable clear dmi data pool and load optimized defaults after flashing.Whatever method you use, clearing the dmi data pool is essential.
    Are you shure about clear dmi pool data? I read somewhere that is better to not do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mseirco View Post
    Are you shure about clear dmi pool data? I read somewhere that is better to not do it?
    No problems as far as I can tell.I actually find the new bios seems less quirky.I've updated from F16 - F18 mod - F20 - F21e - F21e mod, all using the option and some back and forth with no problems.I've installed windows only once since this build is two years old (knock on wood).
    INTEL CORE i7 3930K @ 4.5 GHZ GIGABYTE X79-UD3 F21e MOD G.SKILL SNIPER 16 GB DDR3 2400 MHZ CL11
    ZOTAC GTX 1070 AMP! ASUS VG248QE @ 144 HZ
    CREATIVE X-FI TITANIUM FATAL1TY CHAMPION
    LOGITECH Z-5300 5.1 SPEAKERS ROCCAT ISKU KEYBOARD ROCCAT KIRO MOUSE ROCCAT ALUMIC SURFACE
    MICROSOFT XBOX 360 CONTROLLER SAMSUNG 840 PRO 128 GB SSD SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1 TB HDD
    LITE-ON BLU-RAY BURNER CORSAIR H100I V2 - CORSAIR H75 - NZXT KRAKEN G10 - 7 FANS CORSAIR HX850 PSU
    MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 PRO X64 NZXT PHANTOM 410 MOD

I flashed via qflash. I do not trust Windows based flashers from past experiences.

Dragon, are you using F21e?

I will reflash this weekend using FPT method since I have to update the Intel LAN firmware anyhow.

Ghostearth is offline Member

Any suggestions?

Suggestion :

MEI 10.0.38.1036 is the entire package (driver and software), It could be the issue because UMS and LMS service are installed, please try to uninstall your MEI package, shutdown and re-install only the driver 9.5.24.1790
    Intel MEI Drivers v9.5.24.1790 WHQL

Ghostearth

Quote Originally Posted by Mseirco View Post
    DMI data pool is useful when you plug or change new material to your motherboard (Memory, processor........).

Ghostearth.

And please guys this is the modded bios section, feel free to open new thead for these kind of question, before Sir stasio tell us to do it.

Ghostearth.

I will reflash this weekend using FPT method since I have to update the Intel LAN firmware anyhow.
    Could you tell me please how did you update the firmware lan and where can I find the files needed? Thank You.

Thread Information