Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 430 of 473 FirstFirst ... 330380420428429430431432440 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,300 of 4722

Thread: GIGABYTE Modified Bios




  1. #4291
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    45

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Status: This mod is verified.

    GA-Z97X-UD3H Bios F8E Mod 1

    Modified with:
    Intel OROM RAID for SATA 13.0.0.2075 to 13.5.0.2164
    Intel EFI Raid for SATA 13.0.0.2075 to 13.5.0.2164
    Intel OROM Haswell VBIOS 1028
    Intel EFI GOP Broadwell 5.5.1023 to 5.5.1031
    Intel OROM PXE 1.5.04 to 1.5.62
    Intel EFI UNDI 5.1.00 to 6.6.04
    CPU Microcode 0306C3-19 to 0306C3-1C
    ME Firmware 9.1.0.1120
    Modified splash logo 2

    ME Firmware for Intel® 9: Pick the latest version and update yourself in Win mode
    Last edited by Priskvark; 03-18-2015 at 06:57 AM.

  2. #4292
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Can anyone help with my GA-Z68XP-UD3P (rev 1.3)? I am still status quo waiting for someone with more brains than me to reply to my previous post.

    (Please see previous post one page back, page 429, 4th from the end)

    Thanks!
    Last edited by scottiemedic; 03-18-2015 at 10:05 AM.

  3. #4293
    stasio's Avatar
    stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    My
    Posts
    5,691

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by scottiemedic View Post
    Can anyone help with my GA-Z68XP-UD3P (rev 1.3)? I am still status quo waiting for someone with more brains than me to reply to my previous post.

    (Please see previous post one page back, page 429, 4th from the end)

    Thanks!
    scottiemedic,
    I don't have much time now,can you please go to this site:
    [Tool Guide+News] "UEFI BIOS Updater" (UBU)

    read first post and download UBU 1.13....it's easy....beleive me.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

  4. #4294
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    scottiemedic,
    I don't have much time now,can you please go to this site:
    [Tool Guide+News] "UEFI BIOS Updater" (UBU)

    read first post and download UBU 1.13....it's easy....beleive me.
    Thanks for the info Stasio. I did this previously with version 1.07x and added the TRIM support and the OROM for 12.x. Is this all I need? I don't need microcode updates, Gigabyte took care of that, but I'm unsure if I need any other options. As long as that is all I need, then I'll give it a try (my board has dual BIOS in case of Primary corruption, so I guess I don't have much to lose, just being overly cautious).

  5. #4295
    stasio's Avatar
    stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    My
    Posts
    5,691

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    ^
    Everything is in UBU 1.13,except ME firmware.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

  6. #4296
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    So, do I have to update EVERY component into my BIOS, or am I fine with adding TRIM and the OROM? Cause I've already made one with just those changes, is that all I need to do, or do I have to rewrite the WHOLE BIOS with all the features available in UBU? I am confused, maybe I'm not being understood or I've missed something along the way... I really don't want to jack my system up, but I don't mind doing the work myself, I just need a little direction that I've done what I need to OR if I have missed something...

    From my first post, pertinent info in red I believe:

    So, I have a GA-Z68XP-UD3P, U1g, the latest from Gigabyte's site.

    There doesn't seem to be a modded BIOS for it here? I have been thru searches, pages of posts, etc etc, therefore:

    Can someone mod the latest BIOS for my board? All I care about is running 2 gorgeous Samsung 830 256GB SSDs in RAID 0 with TRIM (mainly cause I have no idea what all the other options are for like Marvell, VGA, haha). I have a Core i5-2500k and dual 5770s and a 2TB Black Data drive so I don't *think* I need to worry about CPU microcodes or VGA stuff, as my system has been running awesome minus the second SSD for a year and a half or so. I just want/need more room on my primary drive for the OS and some programs I want to utilize the SSD speed (i.e. Maya, those fun kinds).
    I modded my own, using UBU 1077, did 'T' for the TRIM insert with the latest 12.x Intel OROM. But I'm rather shy to pull the trigger and flash without a nod that that's ok, or have someone make one for me?

    Please, Stasio or anyone that has experience modding BIOS files??

  7. #4297
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    mars
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios failure Z87X Ud5h

    Hi,

    I had a hiccup trying to install the Z87X-UD5H-F10 mod bios I found on this thread. The thing is I updated the intel raid roms using mmtool 4.5 from 13.2 to 13.5.0.2164 and got IO disk errors immediately after in Windows 7 64. Prior to that I was running the F9 release bios. Interesting points are that I have multi boot setup with Win 8.1 on a Samsung 850 which suffered no ill effects but my Win 7 64 on my Samsung 830 couldn't handle it. Had errors with Windows Update, errors installing the latest RST 13.6 drivers, etc. My separate raid - 0 array seemed ok as I use it as a steam data drive. May have had errors from a separate 600gb raptor drive as well. Anyhow thanks to dual bios was able to go back to F9 by pulling a switch and the errors in Win 7 are gone. I even set the same bios settings on both which included xmp memory setting and raid. Didn't clear cmos though on the F10 mod bios install though. Previously was on 12.6 and a 12.X RST. Anyone have any idea what could have happened?

    Thanks
    Last edited by davidm71; 03-20-2015 at 09:53 AM. Reason: more info needed

  8. #4298
    stasio's Avatar
    stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    My
    Posts
    5,691

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by scottiemedic View Post
    So, do I have to update EVERY component into my BIOS, or am I fine with adding TRIM and the OROM? Cause I've already made one with just those changes, is that all I need to do, or do I have to rewrite the WHOLE BIOS with all the features available in UBU? I am confused, maybe I'm not being understood or I've missed something along the way... I really don't want to jack my system up, but I don't mind doing the work myself, I just need a little direction that I've done what I need to OR if I have missed something...

    From my first post, pertinent info in red I believe:

    So, I have a GA-Z68XP-UD3P, U1g, the latest from Gigabyte's site.

    There doesn't seem to be a modded BIOS for it here? I have been thru searches, pages of posts, etc etc, therefore:

    Can someone mod the latest BIOS for my board? All I care about is running 2 gorgeous Samsung 830 256GB SSDs in RAID 0 with TRIM (mainly cause I have no idea what all the other options are for like Marvell, VGA, haha). I have a Core i5-2500k and dual 5770s and a 2TB Black Data drive so I don't *think* I need to worry about CPU microcodes or VGA stuff, as my system has been running awesome minus the second SSD for a year and a half or so. I just want/need more room on my primary drive for the OS and some programs I want to utilize the SSD speed (i.e. Maya, those fun kinds).
    I modded my own, using UBU 1077, did 'T' for the TRIM insert with the latest 12.x Intel OROM. But I'm rather shy to pull the trigger and flash without a nod that that's ok, or have someone make one for me?

    Please, Stasio or anyone that has experience modding BIOS files??
    The problem is ....your BIOS has limited space...

    GA-Z68XP-UD3P -U1gm

    Modified with :

    Intel Legacy RAID ROM 11.1.0.1413 to 13.1.0.2126
    Intel UEFI SataDriver 11.6.0.1702 to 13.1.0.2126
    Intel VGA BIOS 2158 to 2170
    Ivy GOPdriver 3.0.1023 to 3.0.1027
    Sandy GOPdriver 2.0.1023 to 2.0.1024
    Realtek PCIe GBE Controller 2.50 to 2.61
    Realtek EFI UNDI 2.015 to 2.034
    Marvell 88SE91xx SATA RAID 1.0.0.0027 to 1.0.0.0034
    Sandy (06A7) CPU-MicroCode rev.28 to 29
    Ivy E1(06A9) CPU-MicroCode from rev17 to 1B
    ME fw 8.0.0.1351
    Modified splash logo2

    ME fw update yourself to 8.1.52.1496 in windows mode.
    Last edited by stasio; 03-22-2015 at 01:27 AM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

  9. #4299
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Gigabyte Modified bios

    Hello does anyone know if theres a newest Mod Bios for GA-X79-UP4 apart from the 2 in the first page ? Thank you :)

  10. #4300
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Would it be possible to mod the latest bios (f9) of ga-z87x-d3h?

    Would be really great.

    Thanks.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 47 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 46 guests)

  1. yorwos

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •