Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 66 of 472 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 4714

Thread: GIGABYTE Modified Bios




  1. #651
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Reorganize is simple, you just have to release and renew everything till the (SP) box.

  2. #652
    Acebmxer's Avatar
    Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    2,817

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Usually pci rom order is not to much of a big deal. The order usually gets messed up from using wrong version of cbrom. Try modding it with a different version. If the mod is done correctly you should be able to flash with q-flash with no error.

    You can try to /release the rom first and then doing the /pci to add it to the bios. But my guess is a different version of cbrom will help. But have done other mods where the pci order has changed and the bios has worked correctly.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator





  3. #653
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    US
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by johnslash View Post
    Reorganize is simple, you just have to release and renew everything till the (SP) box.
    Once again, thank you for your excellent work. It took 3 attempts to flash your new BIOS (the first 2 the BIOS restore
    kicked in). The 3.2.1540.25 sees the RAID formation without delays (even the 3.2.1540.15 had issues). The only problems
    are that: 1) There seems to be a 5%-10% performance degradation (according to DiskMark 3.0.1x64) - by the way I did not
    test the original F3 to pin-point the origin of the problem and 2) There are random lockups (W7 x64) although CPU temps
    stay < 50degC and VCore <=1.5V on a FX-8120.

    Can it be this BIOS "re-organization" issue???

    Once again, thanks very much!!!

  4. #654
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by Acebmxer View Post
    Usually pci rom order is not to much of a big deal. The order usually gets messed up from using wrong version of cbrom. Try modding it with a different version. If the mod is done correctly you should be able to flash with q-flash with no error.

    You can try to /release the rom first and then doing the /pci to add it to the bios. But my guess is a different version of cbrom will help. But have done other mods where the pci order has changed and the bios has worked correctly.
    Nice reply, but with it doesn't worked, I tried version of CBROM, I just got it by release all the pci modules and other stuffs.

  5. #655
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by test3090 View Post
    Once again, thank you for your excellent work. It took 3 attempts to flash your new BIOS (the first 2 the BIOS restore
    kicked in). The 3.2.1540.25 sees the RAID formation without delays (even the 3.2.1540.15 had issues). The only problems
    are that: 1) There seems to be a 5%-10% performance degradation (according to DiskMark 3.0.1x64) - by the way I did not
    test the original F3 to pin-point the origin of the problem and 2) There are random lockups (W7 x64) although CPU temps
    stay < 50degC and VCore <=1.5V on a FX-8120.

    Can it be this BIOS "re-organization" issue???

    Once again, thanks very much!!!
    I'm sorry, but i don't know if this problem is due the organization, but which one you thought more effective ? Which version of RAID ROM ? 3.2.1450.15 ?

    And one more thing, test the original version and compare, if it won't help you, I can modify it with the 3.2.1450.15 version of RAID ROM.
    Last edited by johnslash; 10-24-2012 at 10:51 PM.

  6. #656
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    US
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    I would prefer 3.2.1450.25 - stability counts better than performance.


    Quote Originally Posted by johnslash View Post
    I'm sorry, but i don't know if this problem is due the organization, but which one you thought more effective ? Which version of RAID ROM ? 3.2.1450.15 ?

    And one more thing, test the original version and compare, if it not help you, I can modify it with the 3.2.1450.15 version of RAID ROM.

  7. #657
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by test3090 View Post
    I would prefer 3.2.1450.25 - stability counts better than performance.
    Fine, so, test the original one and see if the perfomance decreases or increases
    I couldn't test the RAID function yet, cuz I just got one Hard Drive, so my priority is AHCI, so, I can't tell ya if this ROM decrease or increases perfomance.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by johnslash; 10-24-2012 at 11:03 PM.

  8. #658
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    US
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    The problem with bench-testing different BIOS versions is that for some reason, incomprehensible to me, OCing this MoBo
    can only be applied incrementally up to the settings I have identified as "functional". Meaning, if I set these "functional"
    settings after a BIOS update the whole thing crashes. I have concluded that the GA-78LMT-S2P Rev 5.0 is extremely
    sensitive to "high voltages" and everything and anything past 1.5V (within W7) or 1.42V (in BIOS) VCore freezes it -
    despite the extreme cooling.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnslash View Post
    Fine, so, test the original one and see if the perfomance decreases or increases
    I couldn't test the RAID function yet, cuz I just got one Hard Drive, so my priority is AHCI, so, I can't tell ya if this ROM decrease or increases perfomance.
    Thanks.

  9. #659
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by test3090 View Post
    The problem with bench-testing different BIOS versions is that for some reason, incomprehensible to me, OCing this MoBo
    can only be applied incrementally up to the settings I have identified as "functional". Meaning, if I set these "functional"
    settings after a BIOS update the whole thing crashes. I have concluded that the GA-78LMT-S2P Rev 5.0 is extremely
    sensitive to "high voltages" and everything and anything past 1.5V (within W7) or 1.42V (in BIOS) VCore freezes it -
    despite the extreme cooling.
    Yes, you're right, I think that motherboard is not good to high overlocking features, I tried to change my HT frequency, and others stuffs like an higher multiplier of my mem. and the Motherborad does not booted up, I can't change the TRFC timing settings as well. Maybe is bug or a limit of the chipset.

  10. #660
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    US
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

    Quote Originally Posted by johnslash View Post
    Yes, you're right, I think that motherboard is not good to high overlocking features, I tried to change my HT frequency, and others stuffs like an higher multiplier of my mem. and the Motherborad does not booted up, I can't change the TRFC timing settings as well. Maybe is bug or a limit of the chipset.

    Just a quick note: with your version of F3a I had no crashes at 4.62GHz (FX-8120). With the new F3 I do not seem to be able
    to sustain this speed. Your versions are much stable and responsive in any case.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 112 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 110 guests)

  1. hazza,
  2. Romanetto

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •