Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 68 of 473 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Default Re: GIGABYTE Modified Bios

Quote Originally Posted by test3090 View Post
    JohnSlash, a big big favor I would dare to ask you: At your convenience could you please incorporate the latest ROMs (as you so
    greatly did in F3) into F3a?
    As posted before, I cannot overclock the F3 to the extend it was possible with the F3a. Thanks once again!!!
    Thanks for appreciate my work. So, Here you are.

78LTS2P5.F3a

* RAID ROM 3.2.1540.25, Atheros LAN ROM 2.0.6.6, AHCI ROM 3.1.0.0

Good Luck, Peace.

By the Way test3090, What is your processor ?

Could you take a picture and upload in any site your overclock bios screen ?
    I have switched many settings, but i'm not comfortable with them.

( If it's not a bothering, please, post the RAM timing screen, or type it here )

Many Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by johnslash View Post
    By the Way test3090, What is your processor ?

Could you take a picture and upload in any site your overclock bios screen ?
    I have switched many settings, but i'm not comfortable with them.

( If it's not a bothering, please, post the RAM timing screen, or type it here )

Many Thanks.
    Thanks a lot for the F3a - won't be going back to F3.
    My Settings: FX-8120 (125W TDP), 16GB Kingston KVR16N11K2/16, VCore: 1.4225, CPU NB VID: 1.39, NB/SV V: 1.3, DDR3 V: 1.65, CPU Mult: 21, MEM Mult: 6.66, FSB: 220, MEM Settings: Whatever is mentioned across the "AUTO" column (not SPD) with 1T, Load Line Control: Extreme, ALL other features (Core Performance Boost, C1E, Virtualization, CnQ): OFF
    My Conclusions: Higher VCore=Crash within 15mins irrespective of CPU Mult, Higher FSB (with higher CPU NB VID)=Crash within 30mins, FSB>235 (with Max CPU NB VID)=NO Boot, CANNOT change a) CPU Northbridge Freq, b) HT Link Freq, c) MEM Timings (other than what is implied across the "SPD" or "AUTO" columns)= IN ALL CASES [a), b) or c)] NO BOOT
    RESULT= 4.62GHz, with F3a runs for days, DOES NOT PASS heavy benchmarking e.g. PI etc but runs every day tasks, plays 3D movies etc
    MUST= Air Circulation, Hyper 212 EVO NOT ENOUGH, had to mount 2 DAYTON 4WT47 (105 cfm each) blowing air into the case

Thanks again

Thanks a lot for the F3a - won't be going back to F3.
    My Settings: FX-8120 (125W TDP), 16GB Kingston KVR16N11K2/16, VCore: 1.4225, CPU NB VID: 1.39, NB/SV V: 1.3, DDR3 V: 1.65, CPU Mult: 21, MEM Mult: 6.66, FSB: 220, MEM Settings: Whatever is mentioned across the "AUTO" column (not SPD) with 1T, Load Line Control: Extreme, ALL other features (Core Performance Boost, C1E, Virtualization, CnQ): OFF
    My Conclusions: Higher VCore=Crash within 15mins irrespective of CPU Mult, Higher FSB (with higher CPU NB VID)=Crash within 30mins, FSB>235 (with Max CPU NB VID)=NO Boot, CANNOT change a) CPU Northbridge Freq, b) HT Link Freq, c) MEM Timings (other than what is implied across the "SPD" or "AUTO" columns)= IN ALL CASES [a), b) or c)] NO BOOT
    RESULT= 4.62GHz, with F3a runs for days, DOES NOT PASS heavy benchmarking e.g. PI etc but runs every day tasks, plays 3D movies etc
    MUST= Air Circulation, Hyper 212 EVO NOT ENOUGH, had to mount 2 DAYTON 4WT47 (105 cfm each) blowing air into the case

Thanks again
    Many Thanks bro. I'll copy your settings and test.

My pleasure. Something else I forgot to mention: At ANY cost get rid of EasyTune. Using AMD OverDrive you could attain these settings but seemingly with less impact on heat (compared to BIOS implementation). Go figure... Also the system feels a bit more responsive with HT Link Width: 16-Bit (you can change that = NO Crash).

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

Realtek LAN PXE ROM 2.51 is out.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

JohnSlash, sorry to bother you, would appreciate your expert advice to get out of the ditch:
    For F3a, I attempted a RAID upgrade to 3.3.1540.17, re-arranged (release and re-insert all modules) the BIOS, but messed up the MISC.BIN.
    Questions:
    1) Where exactly is MISC.BIN located?
    2) Other than removing the battery and CLRing CMOS are there any other tricks to revive the MoBo or a new BIOS chip is needed?

Thanks so much

JohnSlash, sorry to bother you, would appreciate your expert advice to get out of the ditch:
    For F3a, I attempted a RAID upgrade to 3.3.1540.17, re-arranged (release and re-insert all modules) the BIOS, but messed up the MISC.BIN.
    Questions:
    1) Where exactly is MISC.BIN located?
    2) Other than removing the battery and CLRing CMOS are there any other tricks to revive the MoBo or a new BIOS chip is needed?

Thanks so much
    1 - The MISC.BIN is located in HOLE2 named UI750.BIN

2 - Well, Gigabyte mobo has two BIOS, I've seen in many site, messed bios flashing and the second comes up. I think when something go wrong, the second BIOS comes up, and fix it.

* Important = I recommend you to backup the original BIOS to the second BIOS module. I tried some overclock experiences here, and after many times the modified BIOs doesn't was accepted by the Checksum, so the second BIOS comes up and reflashed with the backup BIOS. To backup the BIOS, press ALT + F12 or CTRL + F12.

One question:
    Where did you get this RAID ROM ?

Ken429 is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Gigabyte Modified bios

Need a little help. I have several GA-EP45-UD3P (rev 1.6) MB's that don't like the newer SATA III SSD's with the Sandforce controller. The BIOS (FFb and prior) just hang when they get to the port the SSD is connected to - when the Intel SATA controller is in AHCI mode. If the Intel SATA controller is set to IDE the system will boot. I have tried two different OCZ Vertex 3 drives and a Mushkin Chronis DX drive. They all have the same controller and they all cause the BIOS to hang on the port they are connected to. Each of these drives functions properly on a GA-Z77Z-UD5H system. For some reason Gigabyte Technical Support says I don't have a problem. Help would be appreciated. I've gotten hooked on SSD for boot drives and the SATA II SSD's are getting scarce and expensive.

I installed a HighPoint Rocket 620 and that has solved my problem. It supports the SATA III SSD's and allows me to boot from one of them. However, I'm still curious on why the standard Intel SATA II controller and/or the FFb BIOS don't work correctly when I use a SATA III SSD created by restoring a backup file created with Acronis True Image 2010.
    Last edited by Ken429; 11-05-2012 at 06:36 PM.

1 - The MISC.BIN is located in HOLE2 named UI750.BIN

2 - Well, Gigabyte mobo has two BIOS, I've seen in many site, messed bios flashing and the second comes up. I think when something go wrong, the second BIOS comes up, and fix it.

* Important = I recommend you to backup the original BIOS to the second BIOS module. I tried some overclock experiences here, and after many times the modified BIOs doesn't was accepted by the Checksum, so the second BIOS comes up and reflashed with the backup BIOS. To backup the BIOS, press ALT + F12 or CTRL + F12.

One question:
    Where did you get this RAID ROM ?
    Thanks for your response. Backup BIOS wouldn't come up and QFlash within BIOS would not read any drive, no matter what size/filesystem etc. Anyways, managed to get it back to life. Regarding the RAID ROM it is from SB710, so "thought" would give it a chance...
    AHCI/RAID ROM modules for BIOS modding - already extracted - Seite 2 - BIOS/BIOS-Modding - Win-Lite Forum

If not too much of a problem you may want to give it a chance. Obviously, I am not at your league...so the chance of committing stupidities is higher.

Thanks again

Thread Information