Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: am2+ compatible mainboard

Question am2+ compatible mainboard

hy,

I want to buy a new socket am2+ compatible mainboard for at least a 95w processor
    and with HT3.0. to use with my Opteron 1354.
    Obviously at this point they are mostly extinct from the market, at least new.
    My hope is that maybe one for am3 which i found and there are still avalable is
    backwards compatible with am2+.

So there is:
    Gigabyte 880GM-D2H
    Gigabyte MA78LMT-S2

If someone knows that they are compatible with am2+ or know any other gigabyte am3
    mainboards that are please post a message.

Thank you.

Default Re: am2+ compatible mainboard

Hi there,

not sure what is available, but neither of the motherboards you have mentioned will support your CPU.
    GA-880GM-D2H - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Socket AM3+ - AMD 880G - GA-880GM-D2H (rev. 4.0)
    GA-MA78LMT-S2 - GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Socket AM3 - AMD 760G - GA-MA78LMT-S2 (rev. 3.x)

And looking through the CPU support list here: GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - CPU Support List - Motherboard I couldn't find any that supported your processor at all.
    Chassis: Xigmatek Elysium - Mobo: GA-Z97X-UD5H - PSU: Gigabyte Odin 800 Watt Modular
    CPU: Intel 4770k - Cooler: Raystorm Waterblock - RAM: Corsair Vengeance Black LP CML16GX3M4A1600C9 4x4GB Modules (16GB Total) running at 1600MHz
    GPU: Asus NVidia 650 - Monitor: 27" Dell U2713HM
    SSD's: Plextor M.2 PCIe SSD 256Gb, Corsair Force 3 GS 250Gb SSD,
    ODD: Pioneer BD-RW writer - Mouse: Microsoft Intellimouse Optical USB - Keyboard: Microsoft Digital Media Pro - OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit

Thread Information