Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Memory Settings




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Salem, Oregon, United States
    Posts
    6

    Default Memory Settings

    I recently added more ram to my system, and reset BIOS to "Auto" to be safe. Now my 1066 memory modules have defaulted to 800, which I expected. I am not great at overclocking ability, but there must be a way to get back to 1066.
    Gigabyte MB is EP45-UD3P, and memory modules are two different brands (thus my dilemma).
    Slot 1 & 3 have Kingston 2G-UDIMM 2048 MB, and slots 2 & 4 have OCZ2RPR10662G.
    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    profJim's Avatar
    profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tacoma, WA. [USA]
    Posts
    7,811

    Default Re: Memory Settings

    Please provide links to the specifications for each memory kit from the manufacturer's website.
    Copy the generic bios template to NotePad or any plain text editor, fill in your current bios settings and post your settings in your next post.
    Be sure to include the bios version and motherboard bios version information.

    Simplified P45 generic bios version: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post312016, post #3.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S
    .


  3. #3
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: Memory Settings

    You will have better chance with each memory installed in different channel, e.g. the Kingston in slots 1 & 2, and the OCZ in channel 3 & 4.
    There is no guarantee you'd be able to get 1066 when mixing different modules.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: Memory Settings

    +1 ^^^ Mixing memory is a basic no no to start with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    You will have better chance with each memory installed in different channel, e.g. the Kingston in slots 1 & 2, and the OCZ in channel 3 & 4.
    There is no guarantee you'd be able to get 1066 when mixing different modules.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Salem, Oregon, United States
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Memory Settings

    Quote Originally Posted by John Earley View Post
    I recently added more ram to my system, and reset BIOS to "Auto" to be safe. Now my 1066 memory modules have defaulted to 800, which I expected. I am not great at overclocking ability, but there must be a way to get back to 1066.
    Gigabyte MB is EP45-UD3P, and memory modules are two different brands (thus my dilemma).
    Slot 1 & 3 have Kingston 2G-UDIMM 2048 MB, and slots 2 & 4 have OCZ2RPR10662G.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you in advance for whatever help you might provide. I am still amazes that there are people willing to help without any expectation of getting something in return.
    I have moved my memory sticks around: Slots 1 & 2 have the Kingston modules, and 3 & 4 have the OCZ.


    Kingston link for KHX8500D2K2/4g :
    Memory Search | Kingston
    http://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KHX8500D2K2_4G.pdf

    OCZ2RPR10662G link :
    OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC 4GB Edition *EOL - OCZ

    CPUID:
    CPU-Z Validator 3.1

    I have another file, but instructions say "only one attachment per post." Rest will follow.
    Thanks again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Salem, Oregon, United States
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Memory Settings

    Quote Originally Posted by John Earley View Post
    Thank you in advance for whatever help you might provide. I am still amazes that there are people willing to help without any expectation of getting something in return.
    I have moved my memory sticks around: Slots 1 & 2 have the Kingston modules, and 3 & 4 have the OCZ.


    Kingston link for KHX8500D2K2/4g :
    Memory Search | Kingston
    http://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KHX8500D2K2_4G.pdf

    OCZ2RPR10662G link :
    OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC 4GB Edition *EOL - OCZ

    CPUID:
    CPU-Z Validator 3.1

    I have another file, but instructions say "only one attachment per post." Rest will follow.
    Thanks again.
    Motherboard BIOS is F10

  7. #7
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: Memory Settings

    That CPU-Z Validation was taken before you moved the memory I assume.
    Yes you only allowed one attachment per post, so just attach it to a new post, and please make current.
    It is not very clear what some of your settings are as you kept the original comments.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Salem, Oregon, United States
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Memory Settings

    Here is updated cpu-id.CPU-Z Validator 3.1

    I will work on submitting a new BIOS settings file.
    Thank you for help.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Salem, Oregon, United States
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Memory Settings

    [QUOTE=John Earley;426171]Here is updated cpu-id.CPU-Z Validator 3.1

    This has all info, will re-submit BIOS settings next.
    Thanks again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #10
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: Memory Settings

    Try thr following for DDR-1066:
    Code:
    DRAM Performance Control 
    Performance Enhance ------------------- : [Standard] 
    Extreme Memory Profile --- (X.M.P.) --- : [Disabled] 
    System Memory Multiplier -------------- : [3.20B] 
    DRAM Timing Selectable ----------------- : [Manual] 
    
    Standard Timing Control 
    CAS Latency Time --------  5 ---------- : [5] 
    tRCD --------------------  5 ---------- : [5] 
    tRP ---------------------  5 ---------- : [5] 
    tRAS -------------------- 15 ---------- : [15] 
    
    Advanced Timing Control 
    Channel A Timing Settings 
    Static tRead Value --------------------- : [8] <<< lower to 6 later 
    
    Channel A Driving Settings 
    Driving Strength Profiles ---------------:[Auto] <<< Try 800,1066 also
    
    Channel B Timing Settings 
    Static tRead Value --------------------- : [8]  <<< lower to 6 later
    
    Channel B Driving Settings 
    Driving Strength Profiles ---------------:[Auto] <<< Try 800,1066 also
    
    MCH/ICH 
    MCH Core ---------------- 1.100V ------- : [1.16] <<< up to 1.26
    
    DRAM 
    DRAM Voltage ------------ 1.800V ------- : [2.2]
    Don't set the MCH Core all the way up to 1.26v right from the beginning, start low and increase gradually if needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •