Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having trouble with some motherboard settings.. GPU/monitor and Device manager drivers. MOBO:GA-880GM-USB3L

Default Having trouble with some motherboard settings.. GPU/monitor and Device manager drivers. MOBO:GA-880GM-USB3L

Hello, I am having a little trouble with my first build, I am in college and had to build a computer for my online school. I have this new motherboard from newegg a GA-880GM-USB3L and have installed the latest drivers provided on Gigabytes website GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3+ - GA-880GM-USB3L (rev. 3.1), I am having two problems here: #1. Whenever I turn the monitor off with the power button the integrated GPU underscans the monitor, this also happens when I open a media file in VLC or the UAC box pop's up when I want to run a file/program. I did some research and found the software provided for the CPU, CCC or Catalyst control center had a bug in 10.4, but that was back in 2010, I located my integrated graphics card on ATI's website, and installed the latest version of CCC, but I am still having these issues. #2. In device manager, I have two devices that show up as "Unknown device" with one actually switching over to USB serial bus controller while I was typing this out. Again, I can not seem to locate just exactly what the problem is. I did a search "and put the mobo in the title for anyone else having this issue in the future" but I couldn't find anything, if I could get some help, I would really appreciate it! btw, if a mod wants to edit the title I wouldn't mind, like I said it's just for anyone searching in the future.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Having trouble with some motherboard settings.. GPU/monitor and Device manager drivers. MOBO:GA-880GM-USB3L

Its not quite clear, what do you mean by underscans, can you describe what happens exactly?
    Which of the poerts you connect your monitor to?

Is there only unknown device now or still two (after reboot).
    You should be able to see the device id or even vendor id indevice manager, see what more details you can get from it.

Default Re: Having trouble with some motherboard settings.. GPU/monitor and Device manager drivers. MOBO:GA-880GM-USB3L

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Its not quite clear, what do you mean by underscans, can you describe what happens exactly? Which of the poerts you connect your monitor to? Is there only unknown device now or still two (after reboot). You should be able to see the device id or even vendor id indevice manager, see what more details you can get from it.
    Hi, thank you for the quick response, sorry if I was a little confusing it was late when I posted this originally. What I meant was, when ever I turn the monitor off 4 black bars form a square outside the screens resolution between the "display" and the actual monitor. here is an example from a quick google search http://rachitdayal.com/wordpress/wp-...010/02/023.jpg . I am connecting to the hdmi port on the motherboard, and have attempted to switch out the ports on the monitor. This does no good. After I rebooted the devices are still listed as usual, while it does not state specifically "device id" in control panel, it does list in the drop down the following hardware id's For the usb I was talking about earlier: "PCI\VEN_1B6F&DEV_7023&SUBSYS_50071458&REV_01 PCI\VEN_1B6F&DEV_7023&SUBSYS_50071458 PCI\VEN_1B6F&DEV_7023&CC_0C0330 PCI\VEN_1B6F&DEV_7023&CC_0C03" The other unknown device has the device id as: "ACPI\AWY0001 *AWY0001" Unfortunately, I do not see a vendor id for either device. Thank you for the help!

You mean the screen vecome smaller than the physical screen size (smaller rectangle)?
    Have you tried the D-Sub port?
    What operating system do you have?
    It would help iif you had your system specs in your forum profile.
    Last edited by Chike; 04-25-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Have you tried the D-Sub port?
    I mean DVI-D, but you may want to try both.

You mean the screen vecome smaller than the physical screen size (smaller rectangle)? Have you tried the D-Sub port? What operating system do you have? It would help iif you had your system specs in your forum profile.
    Hi, I hate to tell you this but the monitor situation seems to be resolved, after I posted I turned off the computer, switched out the hdmi cord and plugged it into the monitor, I am no longer having the trouble mentioned above for the first problem, actually I tried all three ports and could not reproduce the problem. As for my system specs, I filled out the form when I signed up, but I guess something went crazy, I am fixing that as I type this.

I googled "ACPI\AWY0001 " and there are a lots of results but nothing official from AMD that I could have find.
    Seems just a driver issue though, have you installed the chipset drivers? (~96MB download)?

I googled "ACPI\AWY0001 " and there are a lots of results but nothing official from AMD that I could have find. Seems just a driver issue though, have you installed the chipset drivers? (~96MB download)?
    Yes I have, I do not know what the problem is. I remember seeing a while back "while I was pulling my hair out" that a certain driver was labeled a filter driver for one of the usb ports... I am not sure if that could be it or not.

I was able to resolve one of the two mysterious driver issues, apparently AMD and or gigabyte forgot to advertise a feature called "AMD AWAY" so that resolved the unknown driver, but I still can't seem to find anything about the usb driver.

the driver for AMD AWAY can be found here.

MSI Global ? Download Center

I thought the USB driver was resolved already. Etron drivers installed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information