Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Need setup instructions uefi boot, using raid 0

boe323 is offline Member

Default Need setup instructions uefi boot, using raid 0

Can someone help me with my setup please, its a g1 assassin 2 x79, 2x1tb wdblack sata3 hdds, first, i can create the raid 0 with no problems, i can then insert my windows 7 64bit install disk into my dvd drive, select uefi dvd drive as 1st boot,intel raid 0 hdd as 2nd boot, and boot into the setup, this is where things start going wrong, i have windows 7 installed but, i cant load the driver to repair when i put in the windows 7 setup disk, cant boot into safemode, or service repair mode, so something as gone wrong. My system kept crashing on intial setup, it would always say, there is a missing driver for cd/dvd and had to load one before i could continue to the screen where you check the box in bottom left corner agreeing to terms etc, but i would always blue screen half way through installing the driver, the code is 0x0000001E which i think is usb drivers, if i persist and do the same thing over and over, it eventually installs the driver and i can continue to the part where it shows your disks, but i get at the bottom of that screen that i cant install on this partition, the "next" button is still clickable so i click on it and it works, installed windows, but no safemode or able to load driver when i need to repair,i have windows boot manager set as first boot,intel raid as second boot, can someone give me the exact right procedure to install windows using uefi and raid 0 in plain good old simple english words, even though my setup is workingand is pretty quick with raid 0, i get a little white cursor that doesnt flash at top left of windows logo startup screen, dont know if this is normal, never setup like this before, uefi as got me baffled, also raid 0, never had raid before either, i dont have a clue how to repair or get into safemode with this setup, even if it was working properly.What seems to be a simple setup as turned into a nightmare, my knowlegde is good enough to setup the pc like this so i cant understand what the hell is going on .I must tell you that i have no option in my bios to turn on or off the uefi, which is completley stupid, im telling you now, this will be my last gigabyte product, after buying what is supposed to be there high end gaming motherboard for x79 chipset, my x58 ud3r rev2 with a i7 950 @4ghz and 6gb ram is better than this x79 with i7 3820 @4.1ghz and 16gb ram, dont make sense. Sorry for the rambling, please help me with this so i can setup properly when my installing i have now gives in.
    A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Default Re: Need setup instructions uefi boot, using raid 0

you need Intel SATA Preinstall driver, extract it to a USB disk, and load it inside installer.

boe323 is offline Member

Yes, i did this, it was the only way i could install. what i want to know is the proper procedure to install windows 7 64 using uefi boot and raid 0, i have done something wrong with my install, or my motherboard is faulty, i cant get into safemode or service restore mode, i just get blue screens,when i try to run repair, i insert windows dvd, it tells me to load a driver, so i load the intel raid driver but the nothing happens, there is still no windows 7 to repair, the box is still empty, so clearly i have installed it wrong some how,or my board/intel raid is faulty. Can yo tell me the correct way for a gigabyte x79 uefi motherboard, to set up raid and install windows 7 using uefi?, at least then i will know if i set it up correctly, and, knw what to do if my current install fails.
    A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

I will stick to old BIOS boot. I had tried boot linux via UEFI but hang in UD5H. If your RAID0 size exceed 2T, you can create a small system volume to install OS.

Tested by my friend: Tested on G1-ASSASSIN-2 with 2x HDD in RAID0 mode, the system can finished the Win 7 installation without any problem (boot from ODD, UEFI mode). Suggestion: 1. Send the MB to RMA 2. Make sure the BIOS is up to date

Thread Information