Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: More problems with my EP45-UD3P




  1. #21
    Koksik22 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: More problems with my EP45-UD3P

    Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    I need you to post your full hardware specifications in the System Specs section in your forum profile and click on the Save Changes option at the bottom of the page after you have entered all of the data. You can find the bios version number by pressing F9 at the main screen of the bios.

    Install the free HWiNFO software, run this program using the display sensors option and post a screen-shot of the HWiNFO window.

    Install a new motherboard battery and see if it helps. The normal battery voltage is usually higher than 3.0 volts.

    Here are my HWiNFO sensor results:
    after turn off pc he dont want to start i need gave him time for rest any ideas what that can be? capacitors? aswell when pc is going to boot Reset Led never is going to shines, soo always when im going to turn him on and i see then reset led on case is shines i know then he wont start and i need gave him more time to rest.
    Xeon X5460
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
    3x 1GB DDR2 KVR800D2N6/1G Kingston
    Radeon HD 5830
    PSU IBOX 550W
    SSD Samsung 840 Evo
    Case Lian Li PC-V750
    CPU Cooler Thermaltake Silver Arrow SB-E EXTREME

  2. #22
    profJim's Avatar
    profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tacoma, WA. [USA]
    Posts
    7,811

    Default Re: More problems with my EP45-UD3P

    How long have you used the Xeon X5460 cpu in your motherboard?

    Were there any recent hardware changes to your system before the boot problem started?

    Can you test your system with a non-Xeon cpu to see if the boot problem still exists?

    The only other test that might help is to boot with only one or two of the memory modules installed.

    It might help to boot with different cpu cooler to make sure that the Silver Arrow's installation is not causing the problem.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S
    .


  3. #23
    Koksik22 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: More problems with my EP45-UD3P

    Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    How long have you used the Xeon X5460 cpu in your motherboard?

    Were there any recent hardware changes to your system before the boot problem started?

    Can you test your system with a non-Xeon cpu to see if the boot problem still exists?

    The only other test that might help is to boot with only one or two of the memory modules installed.

    It might help to boot with different cpu cooler to make sure that the Silver Arrow's installation is not causing the problem.
    just arrive GA-EP45-UD3RL and all works perfect. problems started before i instaled xeon but gone for sometime and after 2 months of using xeon came back. tested with memmory nothing changed. aswell tested different cooler i had almost broke pin in socket in that ud3p but i repair this soo that not should be problem of that. if im not wrong it can be since sometime ago i forget to take off jumper from cmos reset and i tried to turn on pc but he not wake up and after i checked then i didnt take off jumper from cmos. im hapy since i didnt make format my ssd after change mainboard ( same socket) all works perfect
    Xeon X5460
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
    3x 1GB DDR2 KVR800D2N6/1G Kingston
    Radeon HD 5830
    PSU IBOX 550W
    SSD Samsung 840 Evo
    Case Lian Li PC-V750
    CPU Cooler Thermaltake Silver Arrow SB-E EXTREME

  4. #24
    profJim's Avatar
    profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tacoma, WA. [USA]
    Posts
    7,811

    Default Re: More problems with my EP45-UD3P

    If I understand you correctly, you are booting your EP45-UD3P with a jumper block connected to the CLR_CMOS pins. Is this correct?

    Did you almost break a pin in the cpu socket?

    If your Xeon cpu works OK in your EP45-UD3RL there does not seem to be a problem with your modified Xeon X5460 cpu.

    It is possible that your EP45-UD3P is failing due to old age.

    I'm glad to hear that your EP45-UD3RL is working fine.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S
    .


  5. #25
    Koksik22 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: More problems with my EP45-UD3P

    Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    If I understand you correctly, you are booting your EP45-UD3P with a jumper block connected to the CLR_CMOS pins. Is this correct?

    Did you almost break a pin in the cpu socket?

    If your Xeon cpu works OK in your EP45-UD3RL there does not seem to be a problem with your modified Xeon X5460 cpu.

    It is possible that your EP45-UD3P is failing due to old age.

    I'm glad to hear that your EP45-UD3RL is working fine.
    sry i was drunk last time. im not botting ud3p with jumper block, and problem back on my new mainboard i think then is problem of too hot chipset i cant touch it while im playing some game, and pc always turn off after when im turn off a game. any ideas? maybe voltage its too high? i have all default settings.
    Xeon X5460
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
    3x 1GB DDR2 KVR800D2N6/1G Kingston
    Radeon HD 5830
    PSU IBOX 550W
    SSD Samsung 840 Evo
    Case Lian Li PC-V750
    CPU Cooler Thermaltake Silver Arrow SB-E EXTREME

  6. #26
    profJim's Avatar
    profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tacoma, WA. [USA]
    Posts
    7,811

    Default Re: More problems with my EP45-UD3P

    HWiNFO is an excellent program for monitoring and logging detailed information about your system.

    The screen-shot below is from Socket 771 Mod Xeon X5460 GA-P35-DS3L Overclock, post #628.

    In Luke's thread his Xeon cpu core temperatures were very high in the beginning, but he finally got the temperatures somewhat lower after several tries using different methods of applying thermal grease. Later in the thread he set the TjMax value in the temperature reporting programs 15o(C) lower than the reported 100o(C) value. This did not lower his cpu core temperatures in any way, but it lowered the reported temperatures by 15o in the reporting programs. Your EP45-UD3P motherboard should run cooler and be more stable than the P35-DS3L board.

    My Q9550 and Q9650 processors run much cooler than the Xeon processors that Luke used.

    I was able able to help Luke with his overclock because he reported detailed information about his settings and stress test results.
    Luke also provided detailed information about his problems with instability.

    I recommend that you use Optimized Bios defaults but start with 8.0 x 333MHz = 2.67GHz to see if your system is stable when running Prime95 stress tests. After your system is stable you should see if your system is stable while gaming. Once your system is stable at lower cpu speeds, you can repeat the tests by gradually increasing the cpu multiplier to 8.5x followed by 9.0x, etc. after your system is stable at each new setting.

    Luke's cpu core voltage was run with Load Line Calibration enabled with his EP45-UD3P setup and this meant that his core voltage was set lower than when LLC is disabled. From the information in his thread it looks like enabling LLC raises cpu core temperatures.

    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S
    .


  7. #27
    Koksik22 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: More problems with my EP45-UD3P

    Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    HWiNFO is an excellent program for monitoring and logging detailed information about your system.

    The screen-shot below is from Socket 771 Mod Xeon X5460 GA-P35-DS3L Overclock, post #628.

    In Luke's thread his Xeon cpu core temperatures were very high in the beginning, but he finally got the temperatures somewhat lower after several tries using different methods of applying thermal grease. Later in the thread he set the TjMax value in the temperature reporting programs 15o(C) lower than the reported 100o(C) value. This did not lower his cpu core temperatures in any way, but it lowered the reported temperatures by 15o in the reporting programs. Your EP45-UD3P motherboard should run cooler and be more stable than the P35-DS3L board.

    My Q9550 and Q9650 processors run much cooler than the Xeon processors that Luke used.

    I was able able to help Luke with his overclock because he reported detailed information about his settings and stress test results.
    Luke also provided detailed information about his problems with instability.

    I recommend that you use Optimized Bios defaults but start with 8.0 x 333MHz = 2.67GHz to see if your system is stable when running Prime95 stress tests. After your system is stable you should see if your system is stable while gaming. Once your system is stable at lower cpu speeds, you can repeat the tests by gradually increasing the cpu multiplier to 8.5x followed by 9.0x, etc. after your system is stable at each new setting.

    Luke's cpu core voltage was run with Load Line Calibration enabled with his EP45-UD3P setup and this meant that his core voltage was set lower than when LLC is disabled. From the information in his thread it looks like enabling LLC raises cpu core temperatures.


    after coffee i have next idea, i have hd 5830 its connected by 1 line 2x 6pin from psu, that line have 20A power maybe its too weak thats why my pc turn off ??
    Xeon X5460
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
    3x 1GB DDR2 KVR800D2N6/1G Kingston
    Radeon HD 5830
    PSU IBOX 550W
    SSD Samsung 840 Evo
    Case Lian Li PC-V750
    CPU Cooler Thermaltake Silver Arrow SB-E EXTREME

  8. #28
    profJim's Avatar
    profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tacoma, WA. [USA]
    Posts
    7,811

    Default Re: More problems with my EP45-UD3P

    You said "and pc always turn off after when im turn off a game."
    A good power supply will abruptly shut down if the over current protection (OCP) safety limits are exceeded.

    It might help if you install a less powerful video card to see if the problem goes away during or after your gaming.

    Each 6-pin video card power cable is designed to provide a maximum of 75 watts or 6.25 amps and this means that the maximum power supplied by both cables should be no more than 150 watts or 12.5 amps. This does not include the power supplied by the motherboard's pci-e socket.

    If you manually enable HWiNFO sensor logging before you start to game, HWiNFO will ask you to provide the name and location of the logging file. If your system shuts down abruptly, you can later look at the saved logging file to see any or all of the sensor values while your system was running. I use the CSV saved file format so that I can easily view the log as a database file.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S
    .


  9. #29
    Koksik22 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    13

    Default Re: More problems with my EP45-UD3P

    Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    You said "and pc always turn off after when im turn off a game."
    A good power supply will abruptly shut down if the over current protection (OCP) safety limits are exceeded.

    It might help if you install a less powerful video card to see if the problem goes away during or after your gaming.

    Each 6-pin video card power cable is designed to provide a maximum of 75 watts or 6.25 amps and this means that the maximum power supplied by both cables should be no more than 150 watts or 12.5 amps. This does not include the power supplied by the motherboard's pci-e socket.

    If you manually enable HWiNFO sensor logging before you start to game, HWiNFO will ask you to provide the name and location of the logging file. If your system shuts down abruptly, you can later look at the saved logging file to see any or all of the sensor values while your system was running. I use the CSV saved file format so that I can easily view the log as a database file.
    but my graphic card is conected by only 1 cable with 2x 6pins, not 2x cables per 6 pin, i will do that test with logging file today while playing and we will see, thanks for help

    Last edited by Koksik22; 01-26-2016 at 04:45 PM.
    Xeon X5460
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
    3x 1GB DDR2 KVR800D2N6/1G Kingston
    Radeon HD 5830
    PSU IBOX 550W
    SSD Samsung 840 Evo
    Case Lian Li PC-V750
    CPU Cooler Thermaltake Silver Arrow SB-E EXTREME

  10. #30
    profJim's Avatar
    profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tacoma, WA. [USA]
    Posts
    7,811

    Default Re: More problems with my EP45-UD3P

    I understand that you have one power supply cable that has two 6-pin connectors that plug into your video card.
    This is a common setup that is used many low to mid range power supplies.
    I don't like this one into two setup for video cards but if the power supply is designed properly and the wire gauge is sufficiently thick, then this shouldn't be a problem.

    I would be concerned if the individual yellow and black 6-pin wires were hot when you touch them while your system is running.
    Keep in mind that it is normal for the inside of your computer case to be in the 30o to 40o(C) temperature range or possibly a bit hotter.

    It looks like your psu was originally built sometime in the 2009 to 2012 time frame and that it was sold in Eastern European countries.

    Check out 500-550 watt power supplies review: 40 models tested | Hardware.Info United States for an interesting review of 40 power supplies that range in price from cheap to very expensive.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S
    .


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •