Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wirless Keyboard Not Getting Into BIOS ? - Z77X-UDH5

2therock is offline Member

Default Re: Wirless Keyboard Not Getting Into BIOS ? - Z77X-UDH5

Well, went back to F7 and its not much better. It gets in but screws up when trying to key around. Sigh! Yawn......... Thanks Guys. If gigabyte responds I'll post back here.

boondocks is offline Senior Member

Some wireless keyboards seem to have issues. I have a Logitech EX100 kb/mouse and I've never had a single problem, knock on wood. What you need to do is notify Gigabyte so they can incorporate changes into any future BIOS. Over on OC.net a while back Sin was trying to get info on all the keyboards that didn't work so he could let GB know, but I think he's on vacation now. I would just contact them directly.

EDIT:Sorry if I missed it before, but are you using the front panel USB 3.0 ports that came with the board? If not you might try them and see if it works.
    Also remember these boards have dual BIOS, you could keep your OC on one BIOS and not on the other if you wanted to.
    Last edited by boondocks; 06-07-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite

I dont know about the other MFR's but Gigabyte has always had issues with wireless keyboards working. On X58 P67/z68 They would work in bios sometimes and/or would not work when booting holding ALT+F12 to update backup bios. This is why it is suggested to keep a old wired keyboard or even better keep a old PS/2 keyboard laying around for when this happens.

Hope they get your keyboard working for you. Dont give up keep talking with Gigabyte untill they get it working.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Quote Originally Posted by Acebmxer View Post
    I dont know about the other MFR's but Gigabyte has always had issues with wireless keyboards working. On X58 P67/z68 They would work in bios sometimes and/or would not work when booting holding ALT+F12 to update backup bios. This is why it is suggested to keep a old wired keyboard or even better keep a old PS/2 keyboard laying around for when this happens.

Hope they get your keyboard working for you. Dont give up keep talking with Gigabyte untill they get it working.

Yeh, I'll stay on them. The UD5H has no ps2 port. I have an old Logitech. My woes are I love the MS comfort semi-gray-semi-transparent color scheme. They are all going black and its not that pleasing to my eyes.I'll just have to keep the key (tool) board handy.

When my wireless manages to get in and I try to set Memory timings it jumps back out as soon as I cursor to the "A" channel. Ugh!

barkeater is offline Junior Member

Are you sure that it is your keyboard that is the issue. The reason I ask is that I was having similar issues albeit my keyboard is wired but I eventually found that the culprit was a usb flightstick that I had plugged into one of the usb 3.0/2.0 ports in the back. As soon as I switched that device to a usb port on a pci card it all worked as expected. Also, I noticed that there are new (6/30) usb drivers posted.

Quote Originally Posted by barkeater View Post
    Also, I noticed that there are new (6/30) usb drivers posted.
    What do you mean by "(6/30) usb drivers"? Posted where?

Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite

All the latest drivers, utilities can be found here http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ity-tools.html. Drivers are in post #2.

Drivers are only going to help with windows not with the bios.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

my apologies. I meant 5/30. Posted also on Gigabyte website. However, as Acebmxer pointed out, that would not help you with mouse functionality in bios.

Just tagging in to say Gigabyte Webb support has been volleying with me on the issue. With questions from "What keys are you holding down, to What OS, to Keyboard model, to Does it work ok in the OS and the like. So they are showing an interest.

I had a tech on the phone about it and he gave me a canned "We support no wireless boards" response. So who knows?

I suggested adding just a couple more seconds in boot for the USB signal to allow the wireless sender/receiver to see each other. I also offered to BETA any BIOS that concerns the matter.

Funny thing is I have not been able to get that ALT-F12 to update backup bios to work but if I want to update my backup I just move the bios switch to the backup and flash the new bios from a usb stick using qflash.

Quote Originally Posted by Acebmxer View Post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information