Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official***Z77X-D3H UD3H UD5H Discussion\Owners Club***

barkeater is offline Junior Member

Default Re: ***Official***Z77X-D3H UD3H UD5H Discussion\Owners Club***

right click on the time in the lower right corner of you screen, and then click on adjust date/time in the pop up window. Make sure this is set up properly and have windows update with an internet clock automatically.

+1 Don't know that it means "while off" But its worth a shot

br0ther is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by barkeater View Post
    right click on the time in the lower right corner of you screen, and then click on adjust date/time in the pop up window. Make sure this is set up properly and have windows update with an internet clock automatically.
    just checked to make sure and yes its setup properly.

by "while off" i mean shut down from start menu

isnt the system time in bios screen suppose to be counting? cause its not its just still, seconds/minutes/hours not moving unless i manually change it.

update 6/23:
    still not working. no clue whether its the battery, board, ssd, or windows issue. jumper setting maybe? tried bios update from f8 to f9c, uninstalled intel rapid storage tech, disabled system from sleeping/hibernating.

time still goes out off sync in windows if left idle for a while, like its still going into sleep mode or something. its also out of sync when system is booted up; example if i shut down pc for 5 minute it will be out of sync by 5 minutes, if i shut down for 24 hours it will be out of sync by 24 hours ect..

***Official***Z77X-D3H UD3H UD5H Discussion\Owners Club***-120623215307-jpg

Solved. reset bios by removing battery.
    Last edited by br0ther; 06-24-2012 at 02:02 PM. Reason: added pic of screen in question

2therock is offline Member

Well...........

I have been here and on the Lockups and freezes thread for the UD5H posting things like :Not on mine, its fine, no problems here........ should have kept my mouth shut.

Like a tsunami I have recently been plagued with issues to the point my board is in a box labeled with a RMA# and UPS label.

And yes, I formatted, optimized defaults, this BIOS, that BIOS, BCLK experiments, battery pulls, you name it.

• Random Rebooting
    • Cold start freezes at the Megatrends Logo
    • Cold start hangs at a blank screen with blinking cursor after the Megatrends logo screen.
    • The machine refuses to stay in sleep mode. It keeps waking and not returning to sleep leaving my displays on. I have tried it with and without password prompts at wake up.
    • Recurring Auto Play windows popping up as if I just inserted a removable drive, when it has been connected all the while.
    • Will not cold start with my eSATA external HDD box. It has its own power supply, worked flawless with my EP35-USDR & EP45-UDP3.
    • The the last straw was a blue screen at a boot after a windows update.
    • Event viewer shows repeated controller failures on random DR Controller (Drive Removable) ports, which ever I have a removable drive inserted into at the time.
    • There is more but I'm worn out on it.

I see lots of posts with folks suggesting to try other USB ports. This is unacceptable! All the ports should work equally well for MY MONEY!

I was reading of all the issues for weeks thinking how lucky I was and have no idea what I did differently to bring on my wave of issues. But I'm in the club now.

boondocks is offline Senior Member

Beta BIOS F9d for UD5H not doing much for me, guess it's more for the Sandy Bridge cpu's. Had to bump up my offset voltage which raised temps. Probably go back to F8.

Looks like my profile specs not working again. I'll try and save it again and see if it takes. pita.
    Last edited by boondocks; 06-24-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Trekkerz is offline Junior Member

Anyone having experience lagging badly on windows 7 64 bit while transfering files? I'm using new system on GA-Z77X-D3H.
    Fresh install on drive 1 (WD Black 1TB, part 1 of 3), updated to the latest version of any drivers. BIOS F11.
    While copying my backup files (Seagate 1TB part 1,2,3), suddenly my computer running in slow motion! It takes 2-3 minutes just to open my browser.
    Using backup HDD (WD Blue 320GB) to test transfering files to/from Seagate (so the system HDD can do everthing else) still got no improvement.
    I've checked my new HDD, RAM, VGA, everything seem fine. In fact everthing is fine as long as I'm not transfering files in large amount (10s 1GB files or 100s 100MB files).
    My best guess this problem related to SATA controller or something.
    Please give me some advises, cause I've done everything for 2 weeks (by software & hardware) that I've known with zero result.

2therock is offline Member

What is "Part 1,2,3"? Anyway, did you just fire the new system up?
    Is your hard drive still initializing in the back ground?
    What does Task manager show running in the applications or processes list?
    Hit the performance tab and see what those meters/graphs show.

Quote Originally Posted by 2therock View Post
    What is "Part 1,2,3"? Anyway, did you just fire the new system up?
    Is your hard drive still initializing in the back ground?
    What does Task manager show running in the applications or processes list?
    Hit the performance tab and see what those meters/graphs show.
    Partition 1,2,3. Up n running for 2 weeks now.
    Initializing? All my HDD works well in transfering files (50-100 MB/s).
    Performace shows 10% max of CPU and 4-6 GB max of Physical Memory.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

List the sata port names that each hard drive is connected to, for example WD 1TB - sata2_0, Seagate - sata2_1, etc.
    Are any of your hard drives rated for 6Gb/sec?
    Are all disk partitions formatted by win7?
    If not, any partitions that are not 4K-aligned might be up to 20% slower.
    You can start AS_SSD to confirm if each partition is 4K-aligned, where it will show "OK" in the upper left portion of the window.
    You don't have run the benchmark when you only want to check the partition alignment.

Before starting your browser, run Task Manager and click on Resource monitor.
    Select the CPU tab, and then click on Average Cpu so that the process list display order will be from highest to lowest.
    Start your browser and watch the average cpu column for the processes that have the highest average cpu usage.
    You can press ALT and Print Screen to capture the Resource Monitor screen-shot.
    Open your image editing program and paste the saved screen-shot and then save the screen-shot as a JPG or PNG image.
    You can post the saved screen-shot in a post if you want us to look at the values.

Sample AS_SSD WD640 screen-shot:

***Official***Z77X-D3H UD3H UD5H Discussion\Owners Club***-ssd-bench-wdc-wd6401aals-0-12-5-2011-2011-12-05-3-21-54-am-png

FWIW, I think that this benchmark was run using win2K, before I added an ssd boot disk and installed win7.
    Check out http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post383199, post #44 for my benchmark results for 3 different WD Caviar Black hard drives under win7 where the 750GB and 1TB hard drives were not 4K-aligned.
    Last edited by profJim; 06-26-2012 at 12:28 AM. Reason: additional info
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

WD Black 1TB - Sata 3_0, Seagate 1TB - Sata 3_1, WD Blue - Sata 2_2.
    WD Black is Sata III (6 Gb/s), other are SATA II (3 Gb/s).
    Partition 1 on WB Black is formatted by Win7, while partition 2&3 by Easus Partition Master 9.1.1 Home Edition.
    The other drives I'm not sure, they are old drive. I forgot when last time I format them.
    AS_SSD came up with OK for partition 1 WD Black, the other two partitions looks realy bad, I think. Seagate & WD Blue looks bas as well.. jeezzz.
    Is that the problem for causing lag? Should I re-format all?
    I've atached screenshot for resource monitor in next post (limited 1 ss/post).

***Official***Z77X-D3H UD3H UD5H Discussion\Owners Club***-wb-black-2-jpg
    Last edited by Trekkerz; 06-27-2012 at 02:05 AM.

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information