Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: ***Official***Z77X-D3H UD3H UD5H Discussion\Owners Club***

Default Re: ***Official***Z77X-D3H UD3H UD5H Discussion\Owners Club***

****USB Question*****

I have my mouse and my keyboard both connected to the 2.0 ports on the backplate. In device manager, both are routed like this :::USB controller - USB root hub - Generic Hub with single TT - Generic Hub with Multiple TTS - Generic hub with single TT - composite device etc..

The first generic hub with a single TT has 3 usb composite devices listed on the advanced page
    The second hub with multi TTs has no devices listed
    the third hub with a single TT has 2 usb composite devices listed

I know that the single TT hubs are bottlenecks, on other mobos I have had I was able to plug into different ports until my input devices were either on separate hubs with single or multiple TT's, or directly connected to the root hub, or at least they were both on one hub with multiple TTs. I have never had a mobo that routed the input devices thru 3 generic hubs and a root hub like this. And the hub with multi TTs is sandwiched between two hubs with single TTs. My DPC latency idles around 10, but jumps to 1000 when I move the mouse.

I have tried all the usb ports and the connection to the controller is always the same. I admit my knowledge of translation translators is very limited. I know that single TT hubs are cheaper, and they are bottlenecks, and I know that on other mobos I have owned that some of the usb ports would be routed thru just the USB root hub, or possibly the USB root hub and ONE generic hub with Multi TTs. And when I connected my input devices to those ports, I didnt get DPC spikes when I moved the mouse, the dpc latency didnt change at all in fact it was steady at about 7-10.

Does anyone have any insight into this issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

frankbel is offline Junior Member

I see that new revision 1.2 is out for both D3H and UD3H. Do you have any idea what they changed from rev. 1.1? Why a new revision for an old chipset?
    Last edited by frankbel; 09-22-2013 at 02:46 AM. Reason: typo

It's right there in the specs. Just open each revision in an individual tab and compare.
    I don't personally understand why the heck did they bother with new revision for this.

frankbel is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Octopuss View Post
    It's right there in the specs. Just open each revision in an individual tab and compare.
    I don't personally understand why the heck did they bother with new revision for this.
    I checked the differences, they are just in the written text. The real difference I have spotted it is from Z77X-D3H rev.1.0 to rev. 1.1 where they went from
    1. 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector

to

1. 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector

The remainder looks the same for me.

I was checking the UD3H only, and the only difference I noticed was Lucid-something related to graphic cards. This is 1.1 to 1.2.

Hi , I have Z77X-D3H with 18f bios, but I have problem with UEFI booting. I would like to flash main bios from backup.

1 - How to flash backup bios to main bios ?
    2 - is there any possibility how to switch which bios shoud be used as primary ?

Thanks !

Harri Rintala is offline Junior Member

Why I can not get my computer to work 44x100MHz options ...
    43x100MHz can run and give valid result in 3DMark11

43x100MHz settings:
    Core voltage 1.28
    Phase PWM control: high perf ..
    Vcore voltage response: fast
    Vcore LLC Extreme
    VTT: 1.060V
    PLL 1800
    IMC voltage: 0.930V

Is there something wrong with these settings? What should be done
    that I might have set the multiplier higher and higher ...?
    I test 44x100 1.28v-1.35v and still fail. OCCT run default settings, temperature raises 85c and
    then comes error... Why this cpu is so ****ing **** quality? Or is it me who are stupid... i quess so :)

3DMark11 Physics test did not go through with a 44x multiplier ...

i7-3770k | GA-Z77X-UD3H WIFI | MSI GTX680 Lightning | 16GB 1600MHz |
    128SSD | 2000GB HDD | MAD CATZ STRIKE 7 & R.A.T 9 | 2x Asus MX239H | Win 8.1 pro (media center)
    Last edited by Harri Rintala; 12-07-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Teddybehr is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by vasko View Post
    Hi , I have Z77X-D3H with 18f bios, but I have problem with UEFI booting. I would like to flash main bios from backup.

1 - How to flash backup bios to main bios ?
    2 - is there any possibility how to switch which bios shoud be used as primary ?

Thanks !
    Hi,

1. Shut your PC down (if you're reading this guide, than your PC isn't working anyways)
    2. Hold the power button until the PC starts and shuts down again
    3. Press/hold the power button again, your backup BIOS should kick in now and should re-flash the main BIOS if there's anything wrong with it.

There is a switch to choose from which BIOS you want to boot.
    The switch location will be indicated in your user manual.

In case your UEFI booting problems look like in the link below...you will also find the solution.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ot-solved.html

Hope it helps

Please post you specs next time...it will help us to help you. Thanks
    Last edited by Teddybehr; 12-13-2013 at 10:43 AM.

Teddybehr is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by arclyte View Post
    ****USB Question*****

I have my mouse and my keyboard both connected to the 2.0 ports on the backplate. In device manager, both are routed like this :::USB controller - USB root hub - Generic Hub with single TT - Generic Hub with Multiple TTS - Generic hub with single TT - composite device etc..

The first generic hub with a single TT has 3 usb composite devices listed on the advanced page
    The second hub with multi TTs has no devices listed
    the third hub with a single TT has 2 usb composite devices listed

I know that the single TT hubs are bottlenecks, on other mobos I have had I was able to plug into different ports until my input devices were either on separate hubs with single or multiple TT's, or directly connected to the root hub, or at least they were both on one hub with multiple TTs. I have never had a mobo that routed the input devices thru 3 generic hubs and a root hub like this. And the hub with multi TTs is sandwiched between two hubs with single TTs. My DPC latency idles around 10, but jumps to 1000 when I move the mouse.

I have tried all the usb ports and the connection to the controller is always the same. I admit my knowledge of translation translators is very limited. I know that single TT hubs are cheaper, and they are bottlenecks, and I know that on other mobos I have owned that some of the usb ports would be routed thru just the USB root hub, or possibly the USB root hub and ONE generic hub with Multi TTs. And when I connected my input devices to those ports, I didnt get DPC spikes when I moved the mouse, the dpc latency didnt change at all in fact it was steady at about 7-10.

Does anyone have any insight into this issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you use DPC latency checker with Win 8 (or 8.1) it is likely to give you wrong numbers.
    Use the latest firmware/drivers.
    Not sure will be able to help with Transaction Translators but will try.

Please post your specs. It will help us to help you. Thanks

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread Information