Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Op System stops installing at about 34 minutes to finish XP and Vista

Default Re: Op System stops installing at about 34 minutes to finish XP and Vista

Look at this link and see if it helps you... XP Installation – The 34 minute hiccup | Techtracer -->this may be your problem -->#-011 Installing section [UHCI.Dev.NT] from "c:\windows\inf\usbport.inf".

Also in your bios disable all intregrated devices. This quote fix it for one...
    Also, try installing Windows using "Standard PC" instead of "ACPI". Begin a fresh Windows install again... At the beginning of the "Windows Setup" screen it will say, "Press F6 to load 3rd party SCSI or RAID drivers". Press F5 (not F6). Shortly after, you'll be prompted to choose a HAL layer. Choose "Standard PC". This may help you if the issue is caused by the detection of hardware.
    This link form the elder geek also describes the F5 thing... http://www.theeldergeek.com/clean_in...windows_xp.htm

Just throwing stuff out there to try.
    Last edited by Conners; 07-07-2012 at 11:24 PM.

waga is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Op System stops installing at about 34 minutes to finish XP and Vista

Quote Originally Posted by Conners View Post
    Look at this link and see if it helps you... XP Installation The 34 minute hiccup | Techtracer -->this may be your problem -->#-011 Installing section [UHCI.Dev.NT] from "c:\windows\inf\usbport.inf".

Also in your bios disable all intregrated devices. This quote fix it for one...

This link form the elder geek also describes the F5 thing... Clean Install Windows XP

Just throwing stuff out there to try.

Hi Conners and thanks again for your help,

I replied yesterday but something went wrong, probably me!

I had read Techtracer's article but am still a bit unsure yet - may try it soon.

I have tried to install with all the Integrated Peripherals disabled that I could - but same result.

Elder Geek's F5 article was not as per his instructions as there was only two options (he said 9 options) - this may be relevant!

When I chose "Standard PC " it went to a light blue screen (not BSOD) then stopped. In the "Other" option it asks for a floppy with drivers etc. and you can't go any further without them.

I have also tried changing the BIOS to ACPI to S3(STR) from S1(POS) but no change in result.

Regards

Wagga

One thing you might try doing is put the HD in your other computer by its self. Unhook your current HD so you con get a dual boot setup. Then try to install XP, if it works move the hd to the computer your having trouble with and see wot happens. BTW don't install any drivers when in your working system on the HD you want to move.

I do have one other idea but I'll have to find the instructions on how to do it.

Also is this a computer an OEM IE Dell, Compaq, Gateway ect. and is the disk/s retail or oem...
    Last edited by Conners; 07-10-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conners View Post
    One thing you might try doing is put the HD in your other computer by its self. Unhook your current HD so you con get a dual boot setup. Then try to install XP, if it works move the hd to the computer your having trouble with and see wot happens. BTW don't install any drivers when in your working system on the HD you want to move.
    I do have one other idea but I'll have to find the instructions on how to do it.
    Also is this a computer an OEM IE Dell, Compaq, Gateway ect. and is the disk/s retail or oem...

Hi Conners, thanks again for your ideas,
    I installed XP Pro on the HDD I was using in the faulty PC using the old PC with it's HDD disconnected.
    There weren't any other drivers installed.

When I moved the HDD back to the faulty PC it starts and goes to the Safe Modes Options, when selected each of them goes to a black screen then restarts again.

The faulty PC is an assembled PC and the CD is a genuine OEM which I am using to test out the faulty PC. The old PC is also an assembled PC rather than a DEll etc.
    Regards Waga

Do any beep codes or just silent?

Anyway do a repair install. If you need instructions Bing it. Basically just put in you XP cd accept license agreement, it will search for windows installations, select the windows install it finds and press R for repair. Do Not get into the repair console thats a diffrent place.

g/l

Hi Conners, thanks for your ideas,

Yes there is one beep at start or maybe end of BIOS.

The Repair install (not the 1st Repair Console option), ended up the same - stalled at 34 minutes to finish whilst doing the "install devices" part.

I then tried out the option to press F6 at the start next time and the message was "Setup could not determine the type of one or more mass storage devices installed in your system, or you have chosen to manually specify an adapter.
    Currently Setup will load support for the following mass storage devices:NONE
    To specify SCSI adapters, CD-Rom, or special disk controllers for use with Windows, including those for which you have a device support disk - Press S or Enter to continue"
    regards
    Wagga
    Last edited by waga; 07-12-2012 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Missed a word: NONE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information