Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3P - How to Re-enble RAID ?

blcats is offline Junior Member

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P - How to Re-enble RAID ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2therock View Post
    I feel your pain but I know if I flash a BIOS or do an "Optimize Defaults" or reset CMOS from experience of the worst kind, I know it defaults it back to AHCI. I must remember to immediately go back into the BIOS and change it back from AHCI to RAID and its like it never happened. I do not lose my RAID array. This has been the case in all three of my Gigabyte boards, a GA-EP35-DS3R, GA-EP45-UD3P and the current UD5H WB.

I admit I have forgotten to do that and barked off some mega 4-letter words but............

You get a choice after flashing a BIOS to restart or reenter BIOS. Just go back into BIOS and change it back. And then its safe to boot to windows. You will have your RAID all safe and sound.
    This is interesting information. Come to think of it, how does it matter if you enable the RAID Setting in the BIOS and get into the RAID BIOS immediately after you flash the BIOS; or if you do it 1 month later? The BIOS either wupports re-build or it doesn't.

Am I missing something?

By the way, I have ED45-UD3P revision 1.0. Is it likely revision 1.0 or 1.6 behave differently from Revision 1.0 ?

2therock is offline Member

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P - How to Re-enble RAID ?

Quote Originally Posted by blcats View Post
    This is interesting information. Come to think of it, how does it matter if you enable the RAID Setting in the BIOS and get into the RAID BIOS immediately after you flash the BIOS; or if you do it 1 month later? The BIOS either wupports re-build or it doesn't.

Am I missing something?

By the way, I have ED45-UD3P revision 1.0. Is it likely revision 1.0 or 1.6 behave differently from Revision 1.0 ?
    All I know is I learned this the hard way by flashing a BIOS and trying to boot into windows to learn I no longer have RAID. I think the 1st sign is a screen will show up saying "No operating system found". BAM, your done. Maybe if your lucky and pull the plug soon enough who knows but I speak from painful experience in my case. PAIN - will help you remember eh?

I hit the kill and came back up into BIOS and found I no longer had member disc's. I tried going back and changing it to RAID in hopes it would see it and let it happen and its a no-go.

Over the years I have done this at least once with all three of my boards. UGH! I just plain forget to jump back in and change it. This is why I always try and remember to go in and set the Gigabyte Logo not to show. As soon as I see that logo I know I am screwed. EeeK!

Believe me I have tried to resurrect it, but it was all in vain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information