Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: UD5H and USB 3.0 issues....

manfrog is offline Junior Member

Default UD5H and USB 3.0 issues....

I don't think the USB 3.0 off the front of my CM 690II case are working on my first build. I say this because my seagate external usb 3.0 connect fine with the back USB 3.0 ports (haven't tested the speed yet though). But when I plug in on the front, drive isn't even recognized.

BIOS is 5 (came with the board)
    UD5H z77x board

ANy thoughts? I tried to search the forums but didn't an answer to this. Thanks!

boondocks is offline Senior Member

Default Re: UD5H and USB 3.0 issues....

I would update to the latest stable BIOS, which I believe is F8, by using Qflash. Then update all your drivers, especially the USB 3.0. Link for drivers at top of page, BIOS you can get from the Gigabyte website for your board.
    I'm running F8 BIOS and latest drivers with no problems.

VimesUK is offline Junior Member

FWIW with my Coolmaster 690II case and my Gigabyte Z77 D3H board (F15 BIOS) I find that this happens...

The front USB 3 ports will work all day long with both USB 2 and USB 3 sticks. No problems.

My Samsung 1TB USB 3 external HD will work great when connected to the rear ports.

The above drive is not recognised when connected to one of the ports and will disappear when connected to the other but only disappear when transferring very large files.

I have another Samsung 1TB USB 2 external HD and that will work fine off the USB 2 or 3 ports.

It has been the same for each of the BIOS updates and the drivers are the latest.

I now have a USB 3 lead connected to one of my rear ports just hanging on top of the case to connect the USB 3 drive to.

As noted my USB 3 64GB Stick will work all day long on the front USB 3 ports.

Strange stuff.
    Gigabyte DS3H Z77 board (being repaired) GA-Z77X-UD5H. 3570k CPU. 2x4GB Corsair LP DDR3 memory. Asus GTX 670 2GB GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by boondocks View Post
    I would update to the latest stable BIOS, which I believe is F8, by using Qflash. Then update all your drivers, especially the USB 3.0. Link for drivers at top of page, BIOS you can get from the Gigabyte website for your board.
    I'm running F8 BIOS and latest drivers with no problems.

Ok thanks!
    I will try this out...never done a BIOS update before so I have hesitated to this point haha. I have read the guide here and will use QFLASH vs. @BIOS. I have one qustion though, in the guide it states the board revision/version # but the Gigabyte site just asks for the board model # (xz77 ud5h). Am I missing something?

Yes its F8 and i have already extracted the files from the self-extracting file to a FAT32 drive...so should be good to go once I get confirmation of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by manfrog View Post
    Ok thanks!
    I will try this out...never done a BIOS update before so I have hesitated to this point haha. I have read the guide here and will use QFLASH vs. @BIOS. I have one qustion though, in the guide it states the board revision/version # but the Gigabyte site just asks for the board model # (xz77 ud5h). Am I missing something?

Yes its F8 and i have already extracted the files from the self-extracting file to a FAT32 drive...so should be good to go once I get confirmation of the above.
    Since the board is still only available as revision 1.0 there are not links for any other revisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
    Since the board is still only available as revision 1.0 there are not links for any other revisions.

ok thanks for clearing that up :)
    Just don't want to screw up my first BIOS upgrade haha

Thread Information