Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Newbie Memory help

frijolito is offline Junior Member

Default GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Newbie Memory help

Hey guys,

I have looked through a lot of forum posts here and cannot seem to find any definitive answer to the issue I am having, although have seen a lot of similar issues.

I just installed my PC and everything was working fine with my new motherboard GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 and 8Gb of some cheap memory I purchased. I decided to get 16Gb of memory so ordered the Cosair 16gb 1600Mhz (4x4Gb) LP memory kit.

When I tried it my PC did not reach post.

So I tried just 2 modules (8Gb) and it loaded fine. I then tried the other two and it loaded fine. Putting the 16Gb in it still doesn't post. Eventually after many reloads it did post but only saw the memory as 1333 booted up and Windows kept giving BSOD. I then tested the memory modules both sets twice in each slot and everything was fine, so dont think its the memory. I can boot my PC each time using any combo as long as its only 2 modules.

So started to investigate the issue, so as not to bore you I will include all the things I have done so far, none of them having worked>
    Updated BIOS to F13.

Tried increasing voltage in all settings a little
    Tried XMP mode on, off
    Tried manually setting frequency
    Tried all sorts of weird combos in BIOS

Nothing seems to work, it just wont post with all 4 modules and powers down after a few seconds, apart from once in a blue moon that it does post and then Windows always crashes.

I have thought about putting the UEFI BIOS on, but as a newbie, that's a little scary and I was hoping if anyone else knew any other solution I could try? Its driving me nuts.

Cheers!

PS this is my first post, so please let me know if I need to provide any more info.

Default Re: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Newbie Memory help

Updated to UEFI BIOS in a desperate attempt to solve it, same thing happens. Only now pre post it beeps several times then boots all 4 with 1333 and windows crashing... any tips welcome. I am 99% sure the memory is ok passes mem test and both pairs work well separately and in different slots...

did you OC the system?

No its not overclocked

Did you try clearing the cmos and then going into bios and loading system defaults?
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 i7 2600K 8GB (2 x 4GB) G.Skill 1333 CL9 MSI HD 7750 Corsair TX850 80Plus

GigaByte A75-UD4H AMD A*-3870K 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill 1866 CL8 On-Chip 6550D Antec EA-450 80Plus Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by MarkJohnson View Post
    Did you try clearing the cmos and then going into bios and loading system defaults?
    Thanks for the suggestion Mark, however I had tried that, both safety defaults and optimized defaults also tried, just cant seem to see what could be wrong...

Thread Information