Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte 880GM-USB3 BIOS updates

Rykeru is offline Junior Member

Default Gigabyte 880GM-USB3 BIOS updates

Hello there,
    Last December I purchased a computer than included the motherboard indicated in the tile, along with a AMD FX-4100 Quad Core. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great computer, but there is one problem that I know others have been having. I recently purchased both Portal 2 and Saints Row the Third, and unfortuantley every time I try to play I get a blue screen. After some digging I discovered this was not just a problem with my computer, but there is some sort of compatibility issue with the motherboard and processor ( I am not too good with the technical side of things yet so forgive me). After trying to find a solution I was directed to this address GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3+ - GA-990FXA-UD7 (rev. 1.x) recommending that the F7 version be downloaded (Note this was through forums, not direct contaact with Gigabyte). Unfortuantley every time I try to use Q flash to update it says the file size is wrong.
    This brings me to my problem, I am not sure whether or not this is because the update is not specifically for my motherboard. I did try the latest update specifically for my motherboard, but nothing changed. So I am wondering whether there is a way to implement the F7 update, or if I need to wait for an update specifically for my motherboard.

Default Re: Gigabyte 880GM-USB3 BIOS updates

Which version of your GA-880GM-USB3 mobo? There are two version 1.0 and 3.1, both version used different bios.
    according to the CPU support list from Gigabyte website it says the version 3.1 support the FX4100 by FD BIOS, but FX4100 is not listed on the version 1.0 mobo website which means 1.0 does not support FX4100, latest BISO for 1.0 is F8, i suggest firstable clarify which version your mobo is.
    GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Socket AM3+ - AMD 880G - GA-880GM-USB3 (rev. 3.1)
    GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-880GM-USB3 (rev. 1.x)

Rykeru is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Gigabyte 880GM-USB3 BIOS updates

Ah ok I didn't realise that, i got the latest update and all is well, thanks very much ^^ I didn't think it would be that simple ><

Thread Information