Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Can't install OS on Z68 ud3h b3

farshad is offline Junior Member

Default Can't install OS on Z68 ud3h b3

I have literally spent days trying to figure this out and I have bought a new DVD drive and SSD drive just in case they were the problem. I am going absolutely insane trying to figure this out.

I just built a new rig with the following items: Z68 ud3h b3 f10 bios 1.0 version, 2 sticks of kingston hyperx ram, corsair tx750 PSU, LG DVD DLRW, HD 6850 and corsair 400r case. I am having some major problems installing windows on this system using the dvd or usb stick for OS installation.

The computer turns on fine and I can get into the bios and everything is detected. pch sata control mode is set to ahci. the ssd drive is in the SATA3_0 port and the dvd drive is in the SATA2_0 port and they are both detected. I know the Windows disc works because I recently used it to reinstall windows on my old system.

When I boot the system the touch bios screen shows up and the hard drive and dvd drive show up on POST and then it goes into "Loading Operating System.........DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" I have fiddled around with the settings and it will do the same and just hang before DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER pops up. In the bios I have tried changing the first boot device from CDROM to P2-Optiarc DVD and nothing changed. In integrated peripherals I have everything on AHCI and etreme Hard Drive disabled. I have tried SATA Port0-3 Native Mode Enabled and Disabled.

Originally, I had purchased a OCZ Vertex3 drive and tore the system apart and put my old system back together to see if it was a Firmware issue but it was up to date. Thinking it was an incompatible drive I returned it and bought this one and it is having the same issue.

I am at a complete loss and left scratching my head on this one. Is there a link someone can provide with the exact settings for a an SSD drive on this motherboard?

farshad is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Can't install OS on Z68 ud3h b3

Here is the kicker....I stick in the windows repair disk and it picks it up right away and goes into the "Windows is loading files...." screen. I am perplexed at this point.

Default Re: Can't install OS on Z68 ud3h b3

Try this enter Bios set boot order to CD DVD first!!!!
    Next 2nd boot order to your HD for OS
    Also only use the your main for OS Drive disconnect any other Drives
    Makes win install Alot Better.

Thread Information