Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beware - according to Gigabyte Overclocking Voids Your Warranty

mikeyjames is offline Junior Member

Default Beware - according to Gigabyte Overclocking Voids Your Warranty

Hi
    I'm having problems with my board X79-Ud5 (3 weeks old)
    Basically I now have a board where:
    1. A cannot utilise memory to full speed due to BCLK issue (as soon as I raise above auto it causes ethernet problems - I blamed my internet provider initially)
    2. Main BIOS is Corrupted regulalry
    3. BIOS regualarly forgets boot order
    4. Ehternet controller randomly drops out and requires reboot to start up again.
    5. Problems with Video cards in second 16x slot accoasionally not registering

This is my reposnse from Gigabyte:
    "Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. Basically the overclock result will depend on your peripheral devices, and the hardware overall performance. It might be the system/hardwares cannot accept your overclock settings, and we will not guarantee any result caused by system overclocking. "

I then replied (After setting all to default in BIOS and still having same isssues)

What are you talking about - IT IS NO OVERCLOCKED. I am unable to set BCLK/Frequency to anything other than auto (e.g 100.01) or Ethernet does not work.
    BTW - the ethernet is your hardware device not some cheap device I purchased elswhere.
    I have reset BIOS, reloaded BIOS, used the beta bios you sent, and the rpocess you mention below

Gigabytes next resonse:
    "Kindly note if you adjusted the settings which related to CPU/Memory frequency, then it is related to overclock the hardware. Sorry."

WHAT A JOKE!

I've actually now lodged a complaint with Fair Trading in Australia, especially given the comments below when they advertise the board:

Utilizing a brand new Digital PWM controller, GIGABYTE's 3D Power features precise Auto Voltage Compensation to deliver a steady flow of power to the CPU and memory no matter the loading. This all new, all digital power system provides enthusiast users with exceptional control over the overclocking potential of their GIGABYTE X79 motherboard

Digital memory control allows users to monitor and record DDR power and current in real-time while gaming, overclocking or at idle. Users can also set OVP (Over Voltage Protection) to safeguard your memory, adjust memory Load-line Calibration to fix memory vdrooping for a quicker response time and adjust memory PWM frequency on-the-fly.

Users can now enjoy a fully interactive 3D utility that facilitates adjustment of the 3 dimensions that control the power delivery to your CPU and Memory: Voltage, Phase and Frequency. These parameters are crucial to how the digital PWM supplies power to critical areas of the motherboard and can help users quickly obtain the highest, most stable overclock.

Advanced mode provides a more comprehensive UEFI BIOS environment that is designed specifically for overclockers and power users who want maximum control over their PC's hardware. GIGABTYE's signature M.I.T. tuning technology can be found alongside fully configurable parameters for GIGABTE's all new digital 3D Power engine. In short, advanced mode combines the signature GIGABYTE BIOS expertise you’ve come to expect, wrapped a slick, new and optimized graphical UEFI interface.

So they advertise this and deny my claim for the huge OC of setting Frequency to 100.01???

Cheers
    Mick

Default Re: Beware - according to Gigabyte Overclocking Voids Your Warranty

have you tried latest drivers/bios from here for internet ect

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...beta-bios.html

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ity-tools.html

if that doesnt cure some of the issues maybe rma for a replacement board just incase you recieved a faulty board? gigabyte are pretty good at rma,who was it you spoke to?someone from Taiwan?sometimes things get lost or confused in translation
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IDK does a exist?

2therock is offline Member

Do yourself a favor and get them on the phonene. You will be in the system so just tell them you are not communicating your point well in the online supoport.
    The phone support usually does not have a long hold time. Try this one 626-854-9338
    Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H WB Motherboard
    Intel Ivy Bridge i7 3770K clocked @ 4.5GHz
    16GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 2133 RAM
    Water cooling by XSPC RASA RS240 Kit
    Sapphire HD 6850 1GB DDR5 GPU
    1TB - RAID1 setup with Western Digital 6GB/Sec Drives
    Corsair HX750W Professional PSU
    Windows 7 Professional (x64) Build 7601

Hi Wazza,
    In Australia only rma procedure is to return to shop where you purchased. They say only option is to return to Gigagyte for testing - up to three weeks. They are a great shop and I understand - I blamed the internet provider for the bandwidth problem for three weeks. I should be getting 100 Mbit and was only getting about 3-4 Mbit. When they finally came and checked the line and gave me a new modem I dicovered it was actually the frequency setting - never thought for a second that raising frequency by as little as .03 could have such dire consequences.

Yes, I have tried all the tools inclusing latest BIOS (and Beta BIOS). Latest drivers etc.

Computer is solid as a rock under stress testing - can run prime 95 and memtest all day.

Basically works great other than occasionally forgetting boot order, and being unable to fully utilise memory bandwidth because raising frequency = Ethernet issues.

Thanks for the help

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by 2therock View Post
    Do yourself a favor and get them on the phonene. You will be in the system so just tell them you are not communicating your point well in the online supoport.
    The phone support usually does not have a long hold time. Try this one 626-854-9338
    Thanks but I'm in the lucky land of Australia where we get treated like ^&$&^ by tech companies - there is no direct contact for Gigabyte here.

we get crap tech support & pay 50% for the same products you guys in the US do - the excuse always used to be the USD/AUD. now that the one AUD = $1.05 US they are very quiet on the pricing disparity issues.

Cheers

Mick

i know it can be tough,luckily we have a uk based gigabyte rma centre,i guess the closest to oz would be taiwan,cant think why bclk would affect the internet nic,when it forgets the boot order does it mess up the bios time/date? or in windows?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wot I would try is to reset your cmos reboot and load optimized defaults. Your 16 GB memory may require additional voltage some where. But actually I would try with the minimum hardware. IE one vid card, minimum HDs and so on.... you got a lot of stuff there so it may be a multitude of problems...

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    i know it can be tough,luckily we have a uk based gigabyte rma centre,i guess the closest to oz would be taiwan,cant think why bclk would affect the internet nic,when it forgets the boot order does it mess up the bios time/date? or in windows?
    Hi,
    as a matter of fact it does mess up bios date/time and this is reflected in windows. usuaully only by 10-12 hours for some reason. Is this significant?

Thanks

Mick
    Last edited by mikeyjames; 08-11-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conners View Post
    Wot I would try is to reset your cmos reboot and load optimized defaults. Your 16 GB memory may require additional voltage some where. But actually I would try with the minimum hardware. IE one vid card, minimum HDs and so on.... you got a lot of stuff there so it may be a multitude of problems...

I have tried removing evrything but keyboard and mouse. Also using only one video card in second 16x slot plus only 4G Ram (I've tried both cards and all sticks ram in various slots). Still get the video card in 2nd 16x slot not recognised at times.

The problem with Ethernet still exists. Hard to tell with boot order etc as this problems only occur intermttently.

With everything attched and OC'd to 4.5Ghz (1.36v) using multiplier @ 45 and clock set to 100.3 (RAM 2140 @ 9-10-10-24-1T 1.63v) I can:

run latest version prime95 all day no problems
    sandra burn test all day no problems
    Intel Burn test all day no problem
    Aida64 stress test all day no problems
    memtest86 all day with no errors
    3DMark 11 in Extreme mode in endless loop all day with no problem.

Even at all set to stock and memory underclocked the ethernet will throttle as soon as I raise host clock above 100.30. Each step up = higher throttle to the point where 105.00 = just about useless.

Thanks

Mick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information