Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: x79-ud3 does not wake up from sleep mode, power cycling

Albertini is offline Junior Member

Default Re: x79-ud3 does not wake up from sleep mode, power cycling

Ok.

Just to clarify: Your issue is NOT the same as everybody else in this thread.

We can enter S3/S4 just fine but somtimes when waking the PC, it starts to turn on, turns off, turns on...(see first post).

I can't find that event ID in the event viewer here.

Powercfg -energy errors are not necessarily critical. I also have some usb devices that don't support selective power management, but this doesn't really matter. (even the xml file states that). what are your errors?

what hdd/ssd do you use? did you check it for errors? not being able to write the hiber file might be the culprit in your case?!

Oups is offline Junior Member

Post Re: x79-ud3 does not wake up from sleep mode, power cycling

For my config it seems to be the same problem...

Entering in sleep state on start/stop option with hybrid/hibernate mode disabled :
    • Pc shutdown correctly but loop on wake up.

Entering in hibernate state on start/stop option (or by shutdown command) with hybrid mode disabled & hibernate mode enabled :
    • Pc don't stop with black screen psu and disk stay alive.

After the downgrade to 'Ms Serial Ata Standard AHCI 1.0' the two problems disappear.

There is no log error on ssd/ntfs C: system disk. (800MB minimal swap file size)
    There is no log error on hdd/ntfs D: system disk. (16807 MB recommended swap file size complement)

The hiberfil.sys is created when hibernate mode is enabled. Windows reserve space to avoid error on hibernate event...

I discover this evening the bioses 12p and 12t which upgrade the intel rom rste...

Completely new Intel AHCI / RAID driver and console

Google Translate

Trying this later...

Hope this help

Albertini is offline Junior Member

here you can find the latest beta bios with updated option roms:

Computertechnik JZelectronic

Give it a try.

Do you have the hibernate problem EVERY time you try to put the PC in hibernation?

I had the same problem for about a year with my ga-p67x-ud3 b3 board. It would frequently have a black screen on resume from s3 sleep, or often powercycle. This would happen on average of 2-3 times per week. I tried all sort of tricks including turning off cpu pll. Finally I decided to do it systematically by changing 1 voltage setting pretty dramatically at a time and waiting to see if the problem resolves. Increasing CPU pll to 2.2 did not change this problem. Nor did dramatic increases in cpu voltage.

The problem was fixed by increasing system agent to above 1. At 1 the problem became extremely rare and at 1.1ish it completely went away. I recommend if you have sleep problems with an oced board of this type try a sizeable increase in system agent voltage to at least above 1. Keep cpu pll off
    Last edited by Sunburn74; 04-23-2015 at 01:46 PM.

This has gotten a bit offtopic, so back on track.

Hello, I'm experiencing the same bootloop. Actually it beeps continually when you try to wake up from S3 after longer period time - 3-7 hours. If I wake it via power button, it wakes as expected. But any other way (USB mouse wake, wake-on-LAN@pcie), it wakes to the state of continuous beep beep beep. Turning the PSU off and waiting 10s helps most of the time. Otherwise it goes to bootloop you're describing.
    Waking within first two hours works reliably via devices as well.

- my onboard LAN is disabled so Energy Efficient Ethernet is not supported by the current NIC driver
    - ASPM (PCIe - Link State Power Management) is disabled
    - SATA AHCI drivers are default of MS
    - Nvidia GPU drivers 326.19, updated multiple times, nothing helped
    - I tried Bios F06 - F11, now F14 (no major change, just the possibility to turn off S1/S3 sleep capability is now lost)
    - I tried to reduce CPU OC to stock

I'd like to know any more tips, if any of you have gotten new data regarding this problem.

Specs:
    PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M850
    MB Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3
    CPU Intel Core i7-3820 3,60GHz @ 4,40GHz
    RAM Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) 1866MHz CL9
    VGA 2x Gigabyte GTX 570 1280MB (GV-N570OC-13I) SLI
    SSD Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    HDD WD 3TB AV-GP WD30EURS
    Last edited by Ashus; 07-25-2013 at 04:35 AM.

CannonFodder is offline Junior Member

An update:

Back in June last year, post #3, I did some research into this cyclic rebooting issue and concluded the video card was provoked the problem. And for the last year the machine as been fine after swapping the video card for a low power card.

But. A few days ago, my power supplied died, and I put in a new PSU. The problem started happening again. Even with the low power video card.

So I think the earlier post from maxotto is correct. The problem is a timing issue and the timings depend on a combination of the PSU used, the video card used and other items on the PCI bus. By this point I can only assume Gigabyte know about the problem, but either don't care, or are too scared to admit to the problem as it would involve recalling all the boards for a hardware fix.

Anyway, turning off the PCIe - Link State Power Management setting seems to have fixed it again for me. (Meaning my initial solution of swapping the video card for a low powered card didn't really get to the root cause of the issue).

CannonFodder is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    Anyway, turning off the PCIe - Link State Power Management setting seems to have fixed it again for me
    Another update.
    PCIe link state changes didn't totally fix it. Had the same problem again this morning after it being OK for a couple of days. It does seem to reduce the frequency of it occurring however.

I will try the change to the energy efficient ethernet setting next. At some point however I am going to just give up on the problem and buy another motherboard. It won't be Gigabyte next time however.

Oups is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Re: x79-ud3 does not wake up from sleep mode, power cycling

Hi x79-ud3 users,

Very good job on last beta bios ga-x79-ud3 f17a...
    For instance a few ram, hybrid & hibernate sleeps later, no more 'wake up' loop...
    You know what... For now i'm happy...
    Last edited by Oups; 10-18-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information