Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Cannot overclock Z68XP-UD3P with UEFI BIOS and 2500k

Default Cannot adjust multiplier/overclock 2500k on Z68XP-UD3P with UEFI BIOS

I just updated my F7 BIOS to the newest UEFI BIOS, revision U1e. However, I can't overclock at all with a 2500k. I try clicking on the frequency multiplier or pressing Enter, and I get nothing. Is this normal? Does the UEFI BIOS currently not support a multiplier unlocked 2500k?

In fact, I just checked CPU-Z while I'm running at almost full load, and the processor is only clocked at 3Ghz. Shouldn't it at least be 3.3Ghz default?
    Last edited by allenwr1505; 09-01-2012 at 06:53 AM.

Default Re: Cannot overclock Z68XP-UD3P with UEFI BIOS and 2500k

I reflashed the BIOS and now it correctly runs at 3.3Ghz with TurboBoost. However, multipliers are still locked as is voltage control. Is this happening to anyone else? I also tried resetting CMOS and loading optimized defaults.

Corn is offline Junior Member

I have the same problem as you do. I have the same mainboard but a have 3570K. When I bought it I had the old Hybrid UEFI BIOS and I couldm't change the multiplier. I asked them about it and they said that it was a BIOS restriction and that it would be fixed in their new UEFI BIOS. I updated a week ago and after some issues I got my system working again. I had to reinstall my OS for some reason. But I still have the same problems with changing the multiplier.

I'm going to send them a new message right away and I'll let you know what they say.

Corn is offline Junior Member

It seems they're working on it. There will came a BIOS update when they've verified that everything is working as it should.

Sounds great. I actually contacted them and they told me how to change the multiplier. Turns out that you just press Page up or Page Down to change it whereas on most other things you can click or press enter to get a list.

Thread Information