Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: H77M-D3H issue: RAM not running at 1600 speed

Default H77M-D3H issue: RAM not running at 1600 speed

Hi,

I have just purchased a Gigabyte H77M-D3H motherboard with Intel 3rd gen i7 3770k processor and running two 4GBCorsair XMS3 DDR3 RAM modules. The RAM specified speed is 1600mhz. But they are actually running at 1333mhz speed. My bios has all these cpu/memory tuning options(XMP,SPD etc) but it wont let me access any. Everything is set to AUTO mode. Even if I am changing the xmp profile from DISABLED to PROFILE 1, my system is not booting. My bios is updated to F9 btw. I am not a computer expert, so little help on this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

JaseGP is offline Junior Member

Default Re: H77M-D3H issue: RAM not running at 1600 speed

After you highlight the option you want to change using the up and down arrows then use the + or - keys to change the value or setting.

Quote Originally Posted by JaseGP View Post
    After you highlight the option you want to change using the up and down arrows then use the + or - keys to change the value or setting.

Thank you very much. With your tip I could change the parameters given in the bios. But the main problem is still there. Whenever I am increasing the memory multiplier and restarting, the system fails to boot. Same thing is happening for the xmp. Switching it to profile1 results in boot failure. It seems my system isnt running in any other settings other than the default ones. So what to do now?

JaseGP is offline Junior Member

I'm using Gskill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL ddr3 1600 ram and it runs at 1600 but I'm having different issues with the GA-Z77-D3H. So just make sure your RAM is compatable with the board. These Z77 boards seem to have all sorts of issues and I'm returning my board and getting a different one, not sure which on as yet. I have never had so much trouble with a new system as with this one and it's a real shame as this system should be the best one I have ever built using the i7 3770k CPU.

So if it runs at the standard Ram speed without any issues then count your self lucky as many other people can't even get that to happen.

Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by JaseGP View Post
    I'm using Gskill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL ddr3 1600 ram and it runs at 1600 but I'm having different issues with the GA-Z77-D3H. So just make sure your RAM is compatable with the board. These Z77 boards seem to have all sorts of issues and I'm returning my board and getting a different one, not sure which on as yet. I have never had so much trouble with a new system as with this one and it's a real shame as this system should be the best one I have ever built using the i7 3770k CPU.

So if it runs at the standard Ram speed without any issues then count your self lucky as many other people can't even get that to happen.

Good Luck.

Wow!! Never thought Gigabyte mbs have so much complaints. Looks like Asus was a better choice for me :| Did you change any parameters of the ram from bios or its just running at 1600 speed from start? What other issues are you facing with this board?

I am using 2 Corsair cmx4gx3m1a1600c11 ram modules btw which isnt listed in the memory support list (Corsair cmz16gx3m4a1600c9 is listed) but how does this difference makes a ram not work properly?

Anyone with a proper solution? No H77 users here?

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

Which memory multiplier you apply?
    Which memory latency you apply?
    Which memory voltage you apply?
    Did you read manual?

According to Corsair spec,
    you should set in BIOS :
    -memory multiplier x16,
    -memory latency 11-11-11-30-2 (tCL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS-CMD) and
    -memory voltage 1.65V.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Which memory multiplier you apply?
    Which memory latency you apply?
    Which memory voltage you apply?
    Did you read manual?

According to Corsair spec,
    you should set in BIOS :
    -memory multiplier x16,
    -memory latency 11-11-11-30-2 (tCL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS-CMD) and
    -memory voltage 1.65V.

I have tried the memory multiplier thing...changing it from the default setting (which is 13.3) causes boot failure.

Tried changing the latency and voltage also... CPUZ shows the latency change value...but the speed remains the same.

Your RAM Corsair cmx4gx3m1a1600c11 is not the native 1600 which means you have to manually set it to 1600 (XMP) in BIOS menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper530 View Post
    Your RAM Corsair cmx4gx3m1a1600c11 is not the native 1600 which means you have to manually set it to 1600 (XMP) in BIOS menu
    setting the speed manually causing boot failure

Thread Information