Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z77X-UD3H artifacting and system hangs

Question Z77X-UD3H artifacting and system hangs

In the past several months I have purchased and assembled a new build. The parts include:
    PSU: Apevia 680 W Iceberg or Offbrand 700 W
    Motherboard Gigabyte Z77x-UD3H Rev. 1 BIOS version F17 (updated by manufacturer)
    CPU: Intel i5 3570K
    RAM: Corsair Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 Model #: CMV4GX3M1A1333C9
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB x2
    Graphics: EVGA 550ti 2gb 192 bit ddr5
    NIC-link 54g wireless
    mouse: logitech mx518
    keyboard: saitek II eclipse

Upon installing Win7 or Vista the computer will run fine in safe mode, and with default drivers. If I install most windows updates, or if I update the graphics driver(for card or integrated) upon rebooting I will receive an artifact and subsequent system hang at the windows 7 loading screen, and with my GPU it will system hang shortly after desktop.

I just recently tried installing Win 8 and at some point during the install I get a message like"there was an unexpected restart during your installation. To continue the installation press OK, restart and try the installation again."

Again, things run flawlessly before I do any updates, and in safe mode (post updates).

I've spent a lot of time trying to solve this, and am pretty extensively exhausted in what to try. I've tried resetting everything. I've tried several other HDDs. I tried another PSU, I've ran memtest for 28 passes with no errors. I ran prime 95 on 5 different tests for 16+ hours no errors. I had the motherboard RMA'd(I don't actually know if they found anything, but they updated BIOS to f17 and they sent it back so IDK I guess it's fine). I've tried two different GPU's and integrated graphics. I've tried booting up with no USB devices plugged in.

I'm sure I'm trying clean installs. I've tried resetting CMOS/removing battery from mobo. I've reseated everything. Besides the fact that I've tested everything, and tried additional hardware, nothing looks damaged.

I'm not sure if my BIOS settings are right, but I've tried optimized defaults. I did manually set the timings for my RAM instead of AUTO. I did increase the clock for my cpu to 100.10 because I read that being a solution for a similar problem. None of these things have worked. Open to suggestions/comments.

Default Re: Z77X-UD3H artifacting and system hangs

what dram and cpu vtt did you test with?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SnakeHaveYou is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Z77X-UD3H artifacting and system hangs

Similar problem here..
    Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.Assassin 2 -CPU: Core i7 3820 - Memory: 4x2GB Patriot Viper Xtreme 2000MHz, but @1866MHz - GPU: Gigabyte R7970 OC Volt Unlocked

Thread Information