Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soundcard exact model?

SnakeHaveYou is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Soundcard exact model?

Yes, but i've a question..

Where is exactly the mod in the PAX package? In the driver it self (*.sys and/or *.inf files) or in the utilities (Volume Panel, for example)?

I mean.. If i delete ALL the Creative's drivers, and install the PAX package from scratch, it won't install any Sound Blaster X-Fi driver.. The Windows Device Manager will show "High Definition Audio device" (or something like that, my Win is in Spanish!) instead of "SB X-Fi", and if i try to run the Creative's Volume Panel, it will say that "there are not compatible devices installed"..

So, if the mods (latencies, etc) are built in the drivers (*.sys, *.inf), i think they won't work, because the PAX package doesn't have any compatible driver/inf for our Gigabyte's X-Fi audio cards..

If the mods are in the utilities, maybe they can work!
    Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.Assassin 2 -CPU: Core i7 3820 - Memory: 4x2GB Patriot Viper Xtreme 2000MHz, but @1866MHz - GPU: Gigabyte R7970 OC Volt Unlocked

snout is offline Member

Default Re: Soundcard exact model?

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeHaveYou View Post
    Yes, but i've a question..

Where is exactly the mod in the PAX package? In the driver it self (*.sys and/or *.inf files) or in the utilities (Volume Panel, for example)?

I mean.. If i delete ALL the Creative's drivers, and install the PAX package from scratch, it won't install any Sound Blaster X-Fi driver.. The Windows Device Manager will show "High Definition Audio device" (or something like that, my Win is in Spanish!) instead of "SB X-Fi", and if i try to run the Creative's Volume Panel, it will say that "there are not compatible devices installed"..

So, if the mods (latencies, etc) are built in the drivers (*.sys, *.inf), i think they won't work, because the PAX package doesn't have any compatible driver/inf for our Gigabyte's X-Fi audio cards..

If the mods are in the utilities, maybe they can work!
    Go over to the site, you will find many answers in the forums. There is the full HD Suite available.
    G1.Assassin 2 (rev. 1.0) F13 MOD a Modified Bios by Boe23
    CPU Intel x3960
    Memory G.Skill RipJawsZ 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-14900C9
    Graphics Asus GTX 690 GOP Flashed.
    Hardrives x2 Samsung 128GB 840 PRO ssd (Raid 0 ) RST 13.1 Orom
    Optical Samsung SH-B123L/ BSBP 12x BluRay
    Case & Cooling Corsair 650D, Corsair H100 hydro
    Mouse & Keyboard R.A.T.7 Contagion , Steelseries 7G
    PSU Corsair Professional Series AX850 High Performance
    Sound X-FI Onboard (Pax Modded)
    Screen Benq XL2420T 24
    Windows 8.1 x64 UEFI Mode.