Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ga-z77x-d3h - no POST / UEFI through PEG / PCIe - won't save PEG init display

dth4310 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: ga-z77x-d3h - no POST / UEFI through PEG / PCIe - won't save PEG init display

@Acebmxer - after relocating my PC from workbench to desk, I was able to accomplish this. Went through screen and flashed backup bios UP to F15. Does not appear to have changed results.

Thoughts:

PEG card might be having issues?

-card might not accept or reply to initial "init" command from mobo - but does "init" as a secondary display when asked by OS

Mobo not issuing init correctly?
    -would explain why PEG card fires up when asked by windows, but never by mobo.
    -assume mobo "thinks" init got sent to PEG when selected, and does not init onboard DVI connection when PEG plugged in
    -perhaps some obscure setting that controls the type of init sent to PCIe 2.0 cards? not that a 6950 is THAT old, but maybe it's legacy in the eyes of z77s

I tried combinations of everything with both stock xfx 6950 bios and the modified bios i normally run (this model has the bios toggle) - no change. I'm tending to think the issue is with the mobo sending/understanding the init with my particular setup, hopefully something that could be corrected by software fix.

While i could take this mobo back up to microcenter for an exchange...i really don't wanna. It took me several hours to get everything ripped apart, thermal paste cleaned up, and put back together...i don't want to do it again unless I have to.

EDIT - I have opened a case with gigabyte. If they produce useful suggestions or fix I'll post here. Assume this issue might affect more than just me.
    Last edited by dth4310; 10-04-2012 at 10:55 AM. Reason: adding case open info

dth4310 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: ga-z77x-d3h - no POST / UEFI through PEG / PCIe - won't save PEG init display

Beer and internets have found me some leads. Apparently known issues out there with z77 boards and modded 6950s, that have been fixed with bios updates on other boards.

X-links:
    MSI 6970 unlock not working on my Asus Maximus Gene V
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/35...-unlocked-6950

Updated my gigabyte tik cross linking.
    Last edited by dth4310; 10-04-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: more links

You ever find a solution?
    I7 - 2600K
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H (bios F20e mod)
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB)
    Sapphire 7970
    ASUS XONAR DX
    Windows 8.1 64 bit

Teddybehr is offline Member

Your specs are not complete.

So,not sure if you tried that or not but there you go in case:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ot-solved.html

Let us know (including in the post if it solved your problem)
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information