Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help needed with Speedfan setup for GA-Z77X-UP5 TH & Zalman CNPS20LQ

Default Help needed with Speedfan setup for GA-Z77X-UP5 TH & Zalman CNPS20LQ

Hi,

I recently fitted a Zalman CNPS20LQ sealed unit CPU water cooling system to my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH/i7-3770k and started playing with Speedfan to control the pump/fans.

The Zalman fitting instructions say to wire the pump into the cpu_header and the fan into a convenient sys_fan header. I chose sys_fan3 being the closest.

My drive enclosure has a fan mounted on the front of it which I connected up to sys_fan1. All other fan headers are unconnected.

I have a couple of questions I was hoping someone here could answer for the GA-Z77X-UP5 TH:

1) can any one tell me the correlation between speedfans fan labels (Configure->Fans) and the boards fan headers cpu_fan, sys_fan1 through sys_fan4?

2) can any one tell me the correlation between speedfans temperature labels (Configure->Temperatures) - Temp1, Temp2 & Temp3 on the IT8728F/ISA, Temp1, Temp2 on ACPI/ISA and the actual sensors?

I don't know much about how the Pulse Width Modulation is achieved on a board, but looking under Speedfans Configure->Speeds there are what look like 3 programmable PWM's available. I imagine they are programmable since you can individually set the minimum and maximum values of their respective outputs duty cycles as percentages (see below):

Help needed with Speedfan setup for GA-Z77X-UP5 TH & Zalman CNPS20LQ-configure-speeds-jpg

Then there seem to be two places you can assign which sensors are used as inputs to these PWM's.
    The first is under the Configure->Temperatures tab and the second is under the Configure->Fan Control tab.
    So, this appears to mean we can generate 3 different PWM outputs based on selected temp sensors. But then I don't see any way of configuring which fan headers are controlled by which PWM's.

Are the PWM to fan header connections fixed, and if so how are they connected?

I may have worked all of this out wrong and if so, I'd be really grateful if someone could put me straight.

Many thanks,
    Nick
    Last edited by nickweavers; 10-13-2012 at 09:54 PM.

barkeater is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Help needed with Speedfan setup for GA-Z77X-UP5 TH & Zalman CNPS20LQ

I'd plug the cpu cooler pump directly to the power or into sysfan header 4 which if its like the ud5 is always 100%. Then plug the cpu cooler fan into the cpu fan header and then you will have independant control of the cpu fan control using speedfan.

Thread Information